SEASON 12 Race 1 ISTANBUL INCIDENT REPORT

Some incidents in Lap 1 that I will check tomorrow in replay. Was hit by Nelson and then a bit after I hit Mert, who was braking harder than I expected (still my fault).

During the first stop I got overlapped with Richard and then realized pitlane was going to end and probably something nasty would happen with two cars in the same space. I let go of the throttle too quickly and ended in a half spin (either that, or the overlapping acted finally, since this was very close to the pit exit line). Fortunately I think I was the only victim of that.

Last edited:
I severely misjudged by braking point for turn 3 and spun Alberto Casado. I apologize and accept full responsibility for my actions. On the plus side, it looks like you got going pretty quickly :).

I guess the off season with a few races in public servers had me trained for all kinds of bumping :D

No problem, but lets try to not repeat it, I am slow enough without external help! ;)

At replay time 156 (first lap, 5th corner):
Mert tapped my left rear wheel. In my opinion i had left him enough room.

Pic, the exact moment collision happened:
tVd78X0.jpg

I didn't suffer any damage, lost a bit of time. No biggie. Situation could've been avoided by Mert, just a meter closer to inside and we would've both passed without a contact, i had my eye on that outer lane and to keep away from racing line on apex, i knew perfectly well Merts position on track. I consider myself innocent and the accident as a regular racing incident.

EDIT:hmm... this is the situation ½s before the incident.. He was sliding so it's an honest mistake, i'm 199% sure it was not his intention. No, let's say full 200% :)

EDIT II: Ok, it wasn't over there.. After my half spin, brakes still on 100%, i almost bogged down, had to flick my patented antistall, aka stick shifter forward is neutral. Rear twitched a bit. I wanted to get moving as fast as possible, i was blocking the track. I hit Merts front wheel and he veers off track. After that i leave the incident so it's not my business to talk about what happened then. But i'm the reason Mert went off track :(

Seems that Mert got the worst of luck in the season opening. Happily we still had only two DNFs in the whole race.

Last edited:
At replay time 156 (first lap, 5th corner):
Mert tapped my left rear wheel. In my opinion i had left him enough room.

Pic, the exact moment collision happened:
tVd78X0.jpg

I didn't suffer any damage, lost a bit of time. No biggie. Situation could've been avoided by Mert, just a meter closer to inside and we would've both passed without a contact, i had my eye on that outer lane and to keep away from racing line on apex, i knew perfectly well Merts position on track. I consider myself innocent and the accident as a regular racing incident.

EDIT:hmm... this is the situation ½s before the incident.. He was sliding so it's an honest mistake, i'm 199% sure it was not his intention. No, let's say full 200% :)

EDIT II: Ok, it wasn't over there.. After my half spin, brakes still on 100%, i almost bogged down, had to flick my patented antistall, aka stick shifter forward is neutral. Rear twitched a bit. I wanted to get moving as fast as possible, i was blocking the track. I hit Merts front wheel and he veers off track. After that i leave the incident so it's not my business to talk about what happened then. But i'm the reason Mert went off track :(

Seems that Mert got the worst of luck in the season opening. Happily we still had only two DNFs in the whole race.

I made an unlucky start to the season :)

hi mert, for incident reports we try give our side of what happened, if you explain what your thoughts were at the time and what you could do diffrently to avoid and then kennett would agree or disagree we can come to some common ground that in future would avoid the type of incident that happened :thumbsup:

its not as clear cut as that mert, this incident caused a chain reaction of incidents for other people too, best it gets as close to cleared up as possible or no lessons will be learned.

what i see is that you need to be prepared for kennet coming back towards the racing line so you stay tighter and slow more into the turn, kennett maybe should stay slightly wider after leaving the racing line, this part is a bit of both for me with mert being able to see ahead then most of the reponsibility lies with him.

the afters of this incident cause more problems, alberto? following close gets caught out, then jan? is collected from an unsafe re-entry from mert.

hopefully you can see the need to analyse the incidents more indepth mert, having 4-5 cars caught up in an incident is never nice.

Yep, green car was me, I realize now it was not mert braking a bit harder than I expected, it was indeed almost a full stop.

I think from my side there was not much I could do. I was not trying to overtake, just taking a relaxed turn and them finding the sudden trouble.

I did, though, rejoin a bit dangerously, never saw the car that passes just parallel to me on the inside.

Mert should have thought: "It is dangerous/challenging to be off the racing line in heavy traffic and I need to focus on getting on it as soon as possible." Through the tight right hander you should focus on sloting in behind the yellow car when you exit the turn. Instead you are on a different line and your paths cross.

Also, the track re-entry a bit later seems too risky, you should have crused along the grey surface until you knew it was safe.

Alberto could have identified that a debutant close ahead was a bit "out of sync" and thus added an extra safety margin, but that comes with experience and I would put no fault on Alberto

Last edited:
I agree that my line in the replay is tighter than what i should've done. Not so much that it's clear blocking, my intention were to firmly keep outside of the racing line. I managed to flick quickly look back button and knew that there was a car close enough that i had no possibilities of claiming that line back.. Pretty much tried to avoid what happened and knew that it could happen even with the most seasoned veteran behind me. There is point-of-no-return and we have no clue when we have stepped over that line..

To Mert, we openly discuss these issues in effort for everyone to learn from one mistake, instead of everyone repeating them once and then learning.. I know, this incident is perfectly ordinary, the most common collision to happen, thus i have no quarrels, didn't even flash red in the face when it happened.. I's not about trying to blame anyone, it's the first misconception with new members cause this is not like any other league (see what i did, Craig Ferguson quote..:) ). It's best if you browse thru some of last season incident reports, you'll see how this part of the league works.. Usually it's about finding the point in time where a different decision could've changed the outcome.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 230 13.8%