Season 11 - Weather

Hmm, should i do custom weather that goes thru all the conditions in practice, qualy and race? Is 30min session lengths ok? You don't need to put it onto server, you can install custom weather in offline sessions too. Of course them being on the server would mean that we can arrange a meeting with new drivers.. Or use Cicada as rain practice track this wednesday?

Something like 0% wetness for 5 min, 10% for 5 min etc up to 60%. AFAIK we are not going past 60% a lot.

To create your own weather,download this: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=15099

Then go to your my docs\simbin\race 07\Userdata\LOGS. You can find weather.txt in there (if there isn't one, you haven't use "changeable" weather before). Create a new one with ASA weather generator and save it to the folder shown above. Then right click that new weather generator and make sure it is marked as read only. This prevents Race to write it's own weather file. Start the game, choose race session and use "changeable" weather. Make sure you use the same format in both ASA and Race. If you're weather file length is less than what race uses, it just stays on the last conditions that weather.txt gave..

As far as I know you need to edit the generated txt to make it work in Race07 as the generator creats it to suit GTR2.

I think you need to search for "Qualify1" and change it to "Qualify", because GTR2 had two qualy sessions but Race07 has only this one.

Search for "Race" and make it "Race1", because Race07 can have to races but GTR2 only had one Race.

I think you need to do these steps to make Race07 detect the information for those sessions.

Finally save it, make it write protected(!) and use changeable conditions in game.

Nevertheless I think I'll do short wet runs on the server as it would give the opportunity to meet other guys. I hope to be able to start practising this thursday.

I think I can be prepared for rain but obviously I will have to do practice laps in the wet. As long as I know in advance that it might be wet and I can do some practice, im fine with it

As Nico says, no one can really kow it in advance, even if the forecast gives you an idea.

The forecast will never be too exact, so you could never know when it is worth testing in the wet and when it is not. Daniel does an excellent job on this matter. :thumbsup: This plays into the cards of those, who in general haven't too much time for practising and focus on dry practise the most.

The good thing with rain is that you can't practise any exact situation, so finally it's all down to our skills to handle it (more or less unprepared), so it doesn't matter much if your a veteran or new to this league.

Of course if the forecast looks "very promising" I might have a few more wet laps, too. ;)

Thanks reik, the qualify1 needed to be changed to just qualify. And when creating forecast, don't click qualify2 unless you want to make two race format..

If you use one race session format, nothing else is needed. Race07 uses "race" for one race format and "race1", "race2" format on two race sessions. At least tracks have that logic.... Offline practice is "TestDay".

I'll do some testing weather files and share them. It's useful to know how the track becomes wet with more drastic changes. Race07 has notoriously poor weather simulation, it's usually dry 80% of the time and all changes are so gradual that you need two hour races to have dry-wet-dry.. If one has never tried custom weather, i think it's good to experience it at least once how track can get flooded in 5 minutes.

:thumbsup:

Wouldn't mind getting some warmer ambient temps every now and then.. Few centigrades could spice things up, even on dry ;)

This have been discussed many times before, and then we have reached the conclusion that it is in nobody's interest that anyone get the radiator settings wrong.

Also, without a weather file, the practice servers will always be 20 degrees, and we want people to practice online.

Not saying it cannot be discussed, just saying the reason why we have chosen to always have 20 degrees.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%