Season 11 - Weather

I could also understand if Daniel doesn't have the time to do the job anymore. I'm very grateful how he supported us with weather so far. ;) :thumbsup:

He have done so much more than anyone can expect, making weather files reliably for the last... 5-6 seasons? If he decides to put his weather-wand on the shelf now it is very understandable and I'll be very greatful and impressed by the service he has given us.

If he desires to continue that would of course be great, and I am sure the man upstairs would take notice of it ;)

Option 3, which is the very coolest one, is ofcourse that Daniel straps on his racing gloves and makes a spectacular comeback for season 11. Especially team Sweden would be thrilled by that :thumbsup:

I am leaning towards doing another season with the weather as I'm not likely to pick up on league racing in Presto for the time being. Assetto Corsa (hopefully) comes out this fall which would make me wanna spend a lot of time in that sim, if I could get my hands on a new computer. My old laptop has a dx10 gpu and it has to have atleast 10.1.

The format we used for last season worked well for me. But a decision on that can wait a bit as a lot of people are away enjoying the summer. :)

Great news Daniel !! :D

I to had high hopes for Assetto corsa but goin by the tech demo was really poor even compared with netkar, the ffb is canned effects more like dirt and graphics weren't all that special I ran it maxed triple monitors and in cockpit view its not much better than gtr lol, outside view obviously the cars look stunning but backgrounds not so much.
I think I may have reactivation left with my key for lucky person to try Asseto (send me a pm) or perhaps ul depending which way you look at it, I played demo for about 2 hrs and was last time I played.
Atm if you asked me id say it wasn't even a sim its simcade and a huge disappointment from my point of view so far maybe they will change the ffb/physics we will have to wait and see.

Great news Daniel !! :D

I to had high hopes for Assetto corsa but goin by the tech demo was really poor even compared with netkar, the ffb is canned effects more like dirt and graphics weren't all that special I ran it maxed triple monitors and in cockpit view its not much better than gtr lol, outside view obviously the cars look stunning but backgrounds not so much.
I think I may have reactivation left with my key for lucky person to try Asseto (send me a pm) or perhaps ul depending which way you look at it, I played demo for about 2 hrs and was last time I played.
Atm if you asked me id say it wasn't even a sim its simcade and a huge disappointment from my point of view so far maybe they will change the ffb/physics we will have to wait and see.

I'm positive that you will like it much more once it gets released with proper race cars, open-wheelers and everything :)
I found it quite nice in the TD already and I never really race street-cars nor am I any good in that.

The good thing is we are both already enjoying rf2 and our lives do not depend on other future sims atm :D

I trust Daniel and am in favor of no driver input per race. For the overall season weather we might have some opinions, mine is to think how the local weather in that race in this time of year would be, not as pure local weather simulation but more as a thing to keep in mind... But most of all, it should be random. F1 doesn't go to a country that's in it's monsoon season, they try to hit it before or after. So we get dry race weekends in places that have rained for two weeks and sudden showers in the desert... Like i said, i have complete trust to our Weather God.

Blessed be the random.

I think some gents' dry humor (which I like) might have created a misunderstanding.

I thought the question was if we should do as we often have in the past, leave round 1 weather free to increase the likelyhood that all new drivers will be well enough prepared.

So the question is, are all new league members comfortable with a chance of rain in the first race? Will you be prepared and safe on track if it would happen to rain?

I think I can be prepared for rain but obviously I will have to do practice laps in the wet. As long as I know in advance that it might be wet and I can do some practice, im fine with it

What we usually do is always have a 50% wetness server in our server mix. A week before the race we'll receive a forecast that might give us a better clue if it will rain or not, but nothing is ever certain (like in real life).

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back