SEASON 11 Race 7 INTERLAGOS INCIDENT REPORT

Turn 3 lap 1, i slightly touch Bob Laube and i was going for a spin, Valter hit my front and got me back on track, I hope there was no harm done for u Valter. As soon as i tried to accelerate, i start spinning again, this time i touch a blue car, Think it was Neslon, im not sure. Alberto had a great reaction to avoid hitting me.

After spinning many time i figured it was safer to hit ESC. Anyway i had a damage car.

Steeve
No problem

Turn 3 lap 1, i slightly touch Bob Laube and i was going for a spin, Valter hit my front and got me back on track, I hope there was no harm done for u Valter. As soon as i tried to accelerate, i start spinning again, this time i touch a blue car, Think it was Neslon, im not sure. Alberto had a great reaction to avoid hitting me.

After spinning many time i figured it was safer to hit ESC. Anyway i had a damage car.

Steeve

Turn 3 lap 1, i very slightly touch Julius,sorry Julius, no touch from you Steeve.
In my replay, it looks, we have no contact, but you spin, Steeve.:(
No incident futher :)

Incident 1) Standing start in heavy rain ;)

Incident 2) L1,T1 braking, Alex touched my right rear with his left front. My car jumped and slided to the right. Not quite the desired way to do a left corner entering. I managed to go on with reduced speed.

Incident 3) L1, T2 entering, Eliezer touched my left rear with his right rear slightly, nothing that affected my speed or direction to any great extent.

Incident 4) L1, T2 exit, Steeve was pointing far to much to the right in this corner exit. I pushed him back in line. No consequence for me and I got kind of a thanks :cool:

Incident 5) L1, T4 exit. Me as far to the right as possible without leaving the track. Eliezer slided in to my left side and after that in to the left wall. It was a light touch. Sorry for your bad luck Eliezer.

Incident 6) L37, T4 exit. I spun, quite rookie like, in front of Tim. He was in the process of lapping me. Tim had to ease and go a bit to the right to avoid my car. Sorry Tim.

Some contacts with Anthony. I was the first to make him spin but I let him pass me again. He did the same some laps after. Fair racing. :thumbsup:

I have to apologies on behalf of my car hitting your car, i was just a passenger at that moment and could not do anything to avoid it :( , my steering wheel was slightly of center caused by the previous contact when ur front left " french kissed " my rear right tire :p and few laps later i lost control when i accelerated and went strait onto the grass and there onward my car kept skidding sideways until it used your car to fully stop .

My apology to Nicolai who was behind us at that moment for blocking your path ,i had just landed in the middle of the track the moment you arrived :geek:

in regards to the first contact things happen but we lost on good fight there and we let Jim escape the pressure instead of giving him something to sweat for ;) .

Incident 2) L1,T1 braking, Alex touched my right rear with his left front. My car jumped and slided to the right. Not quite the desired way to do a left corner entering. I managed to go on with reduced speed.
Oh, I forgot about it. Now I've watched replay and this incident is back in my head.
I was driving on the outside before T1, you were in center. And then you just started moving to the right side where I was braking. You simply pushed me off the track to the last (22nd) position.This is how I see this incident.
01.jpg

02.jpg

Oh, I forgot about it. Now I've watched replay and this incident is back in my head.
I was driving on the outside before T1, you were in center. And then you just started moving to the right side where I was braking. You simply pushed me off the track to the last (22nd) position.This is how I see this incident.
View attachment 46310

View attachment 46311
All all the drivers in the picture keeps a safe-ish distance to the vehicle in front. This is a start in rain. Tires are cold. Only one tries to make an overtake on the outside in the first corner. I had the focus in front of me and trusted that drivers behind did the same.
If you wonder why I later in the race let you go by as if you were lapping me. The explanation is hidden in the text above. And also in the Suzuka incident report.

I have posted two pictures above. In the 1st one you can see that there is enough distance in front of me. In the 2nd one you appear right in front of me while i am already braking. What's wrong in my attitude? What could I do to avoid this contact?
In the second pic you can see that I'm closer to the cars in front. I was braking too. You really think there was an opportunity to pass on the outside in that turn? Could you have waited for a better place to overtake? Do you think it was wise to do the attempt there?

I think Alex was picturing 3 lanes and had no cars ahead when he entred braking zone. Iow not neccesarily an overtaking attempt, just a "brake late not to create problems behind".

For me this incident is a question if Valter should be regard as in the middle lane, thus leaving room both on the inside and outside.

It is easier to get a feel of the situation with a video though.

All keep in mind that mirrors are far from perfect. I've also had
this impression of cars seemingly turning into me, until I had a couple of near-incidents where I simply did not see a car at my side.

And on top of that this start was far from easy.

In the second pic you can see that I'm closer to the cars in front. I was braking too. You really think there was an opportunity to pass on the outside in that turn? Could you have waited for a better place to overtake? Do you think it was wise to do the attempt there?
I was not trying to overtake! I had free space in front of me, and my braking point was ok, because there were no cars ahead. And then you moved to the right and appeared right in front of me.

On the other hand, you (Alex) have been on the receiving end of incidents quite a few times this season (including one with me). In almost all incidents there are two sides, and many can be avoided through anticipating slight misjudgements from opponents (safety margin).

In our incident at Parabolica Monza I still think you should have anticipated that I could be on your inside (rightfully or not) and left (more) room and rather lose the position and tell me off after the race. :)

I am not saying you could or should have done anything differently in the above situation as I have only seen the two pictures, it is just a general comment ment for everybody, help each other being safe :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The more days have passes, the feelings gets calmer. I think it's important to express feelings too, you don't want that hidden for two weeks and appear again in the next race. Better to vent at least some of it out. It's been good two seasons without internal turmoil (team finland was it in season 9 :rolleyes: ) , lets keep it that way :thumbsup:. Accidents and collisions happen and it can be very frustrating, on top of that we need to find what happened and why.. And for that we need both sides telling honestly what they feel when it happened. Usually by the time the situation goes in to "peer review" anger and frustration should be already dealt with on personal level. Or something like that. I'm just happy i've been in very few accidents...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%