SEASON 11 Race 4 MONZA INCIDENT REPORT

At the start I ran into the back of Vincenzo, who pulled right in front of me to avoid another car. I guess I could have braked a little earlier because thats something that is to be expected in the 1st corner traffic jam.

Later in the race I smashed into the back of I think Valter in the 1st chicane, I pressed the clutch instead of the brake:poop: I tried to avoid him but couldnt, I feel pretty ****ing stupid now. Sorry Valter

I was involved in something in lap 1, going into parabolica. I was slip streaming an orange car (alex?) and someone else were slip streaming me. As I was about to make a move on the car ahead, I thought the car behind (right up my tail) was making a move as me, I hesitated a split second, hit the car ahead as I moved out of slip stram (but with no consequence) and went for the inside. The orange car, now side by side, turned into me and as a consequence went off (and me almost). I am very sorry for that.

This is how I remember it. But it also felt like a very untidy pass, touching him as I move out of slip stream and everything a bit chaotic. Now it will be interesting to see if the replay tells the same story.

I might also have other things to report, possibly an untidy track re-entry... I'll be back.

I hit Bob Luneski into t1 sorry for that I slowed right down but I think he had to have a second stab at the brakes to avoid someone and I tried to avoid but clipped the grass.
Also I kit Kurt and bob laube I think it was on separate laps as the spun at the first part of ascari couldn't avoid as I couldn't do anything but brake hard.
As the rain hit I couldn't slow for the second chicane and had to take avoiding action to try and miss Anthony I think it was. So I went up the inside as I couldn't go for the outside as he was there. Hope that none of these did any harm.

TS579 Lap 7 going into Ascari, just after it started raining. I got a run on Jim on the outside and thought I was clear at the turn in, but was not. Although I didn't feel any bump(the replay shows there was one). I thought I slipped on the outside curb and ended up in the gravel cutting badly and when I rejoined I didn't see Jim in my rear view mirror and checking noticed he also lost a position to Steeve. . I figured at the very least I caused him to go off. I let Steeve F pass and then gave Jim the position back after the chicane. Very sorry Jim.

Only other thing was self inflicted. Spun coming out of my stall after switching back to dry's and lost my front wing before I even left the pits LOL.

Richard & Valerio: No worries didn;t feel either of them.

Last edited:
There were incidents :(

Lap 5: i tapped Anthony, it had started to rain, didn't make a pass but staid back. Very sorry.

Lap 6: Anthony went long on 2nd chicane and passed me off track. I went to pits later that lap. I'm pretty sure he lost enough time on the next lap with dry tires and i tapped him before so i hope we are even. There were a driver overtaking me and another making small mistakes in that same chicane adding to confusion who was where. Sort of traffic jam.

Overall some cuts that i tried to compensate on delta times, taking couple of tenths penalty instead of gain. Vince touched my rear wheel plenty but it didn't affect me (lucky my setup had very stable car under brakes and the taps were so light that i wasn't sure during race, it's very hard to drive on the wet part with slicks lap after lap.)

Last edited:
think i had 1 small touch on someone (maybe bob or alberto in the green car?) came up to lap him at turn 1 and he was very slow, i hit the brakes but gave him a push out of the chicane, slowed me up slightly, helped his exit speed lol, think thats it, ill watch the reply over the weekend :thumbsup:

another ive remembered is i clipped tim at turn 1 during his incident with dino, it was unavoidable from my side tim, sorry :thumbsup:

Last edited:
TS579 Lap 7 going into Ascari, just after it started raining. I got a run on Jim on the outside and thought I was clear at the turn in, but was not. Although I didn't feel any bump(the replay shows there was one). I thought I slipped on the outside curb and ended up in the gravel cutting badly and when I rejoined I didn't see Jim in my rear view mirror and checking noticed he also lost a position to Steeve. . I figured at the very least I caused him to go off. I let Steeve F pass and then gave Jim the position back after the chicane. Very sorry Jim.

Bob... at the time I thought I was at fault and was a little puzzled when you gave the place back, I considered letting you back through but as I thought about it more I realised then you might want to let me back through again and we could have carried on all night going backwards:O_o: so I kept my foot down whilst scratching my head

I looked at the replay and it shows there was some contact which sent you across the gravel and me into a slide allowing Steeve to nip through.... however many times I look at it I couldn't really say who was at fault... if indeed either of us were at fault?...we were racing hard and both doing the best we could, does that constitute a "racing incident"?... I think so:thumbsup:

no worries mate

Nico and I had an odd one that's maybe not even an incident, braking into t2 I shaped up for a move down the inside, as we got close to the apex I was in a good position but I thought maybe Nico will turn in so I cut across the curbs to avoid, Nico meanwhile thought I was on his inside so left lots of room for me, the net result was me bouncing over the apex and Nico half spinning off to the right, it all looked pretty untidy but looking at the replay we didn't actually come within 10ft of each other at any point:ninja:, classic example of trying to give each other to much room instead of just getting on with racing:)

Jim

Lap 5: i tapped Anthony, it had started to rain, didn't make a pass but staid back. Very sorry.
Lap 6: Anthony went long on 2nd chicane and passed me off track. I went to pits later that lap. I'm pretty sure he lost enough time on the next lap with dry tires and i tapped him before so i hope we are even. There were a driver overtaking me and another making small mistakes in that same chicane adding to confusion who was where. Sort of traffic jam.

oh no, no revenge was made there at all because of the first incident , lol .
1st incident : a driver error, you waited , I crossed the track to regain my position , we went back fighting and all was good :)
2nd incident :the track was a bit wet, I was trying a careful pass on you there then had to abort it for safety reason as I saw Alex coming hot passing me then went sideways trying to pass you with a nudge , at the same time Richard came from far back with his late braking squeezing himself between all 3 cars forcing me to take that "escape route" , it was a funny moment but a bit complicated situation to understand what was happening there so I decided to keep going and let the race decide the order :)..my apology Kennet.:)

I had another small contact with Nico when he was trying to re-join the track, sorry Nico, I thought you were going forward so I went around you so do not block your path but you were actually reversing :geek:.

I might also have other things to report, possibly an untidy track re-entry... I'll be back.
I had another small contact with Nico when he was trying to re-join the track, sorry Nico, I thought you were going forward so I went around you so do not block your path but you were actually reversing :geek:.
If we are thinking of the same situation it is I who should say sorry (although I haven't seen the replay yet :))

oh no, no revenge was made there at all because of the first incident , lol .
1st incident : a driver error, you waited , I crossed the track to regain my position , we went back fighting and all was good :)
2nd incident :the track was a bit wet, I was trying a careful pass on you there then had to abort it for safety reason as I saw Alex coming hot passing me then went sideways trying to pass you with a nudge , at the same time Richard came from far back with his late braking squeezing himself between all 3 cars forcing me to take that "escape route" , it was a funny moment but a bit complicated situation to understand what was happening there so I decided to keep going and let the race decide the order :)..my apology Kennet.:)

That's what i thought at the time too, there were 4 drivers on the same corner, waiting could've caused just another accident. I had decided to go to pits before Curva Grande (it was sooo slippery). Main point was that no one touched enough to cause anything major, or even minor inconveniences.

Couple of incidents I think 1 with Peter at 2nd chicane I wasn't expecting to be passed there I thought at time he was to far back and we got tangled abit and cost us both some time, I think I could have left more there if had been more aware and we would have been throught there no probs, Peter was quite fast at the time sos dude :thumbsup: He managed a good pass in ascari soon after anyway.
Later coming to lap Nico and another who was fighting for position I kind of was in follow mode to much I they both went off slight t1 I followed Nico off to lol I managed to make contact with Nico ( sos Nico ) I think I repaid when lapping guy ahead Nico could sneak passed to :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 258 13.5%