SEASON 11 Race 2 SINGAPORE RACE REPORT

Awful race. :poop:

Qualified 21st.
Race: got past 4 cars due to diverse touches. Then on lap 4 nicolai got parallel to me at the triple corner. I honestly don't know what I am supposed to do there, it is a corner for one and just one car. Tried to give all the space I could, jumped over the kerb, lost the back, goodbye front wing.

Skimped to pits, to come back right in front of everybody with -1 Lap. Blue flag fest. After a couple of laps of basically racing constantly off-line, soldiered on for 17 laps with an oil tanker. Second pit, when my tires were just not holding me any more, and then the only good event of all the race, I could unlap myself from Bob to at least finish in the same lap that somebody else.

Finished 20th, last of course.

I would have totally given way to Nicolai a couple corners later because I knew he was faster. I don't think that was the place to try to overtake and completely ruined my race.

Last edited:
Q: 8th

R: 8th

Cuts: i'd say about 5, and none of them result into a gain of time.

Stuck behind Peter (lot of cutting), Tim, David and other 1 stopper drivers during 1st stint, i couldn't get my pace on at all. At lap 9 i decide i had enough so i pit early. Then had the chance to get a free track for some laps.

Looking at XD to see who i could rejoin if i was running the pace i am able to do, i spun at sector 2's 1st corner. Lost over 10 sec there. Fortunatly the track was all empty behind me so no one got in trouble because of my mistake.

After 2 stop i had to overtake Anthony and Eliezer who were on a 1 stopper.

Not happy at all with my 1:46:3 best lap. i Should've been under 46 for most of the laps without traffic. Thats what happen when i try to push too hard instead of doing fluid laps hehe!!

Gratz Podium!

Thanks to Nicolai and Daniel for the clear sky :)

Steeve

Q back
R 18th
I had a nice sensations in first laps really good fight with Alberto and Nicolai then I saw Alberto at chicane before bridge lost car from here i push for catch Valter we had same pace but pace of Valter was more consistent,I've driven alternately 2 laps good and 2 bad,met Steeve along race until him pass me, nice pressure mate, so some mistake but car back at home.Nicolai give me a bit of thrilling in last laps and I finished race near Richard one lap more and think Richard was mine:D

congratulations all but first SEAN DINO DAVID:thumbsup:

qualifying - 4th :)

very happy to be 4th as i smacked the wall a good one, surprised to be so far up so i'll take it :)

race - 3rd :)

started very well and wouldve been 3rd but for a nasty incident that im sure was delib... ok moving on :pkept 4th place after the t1 incident but lost it again with an incident with guus at turn 3, this wasnt to be my night... or was it?

settled down behind guus and in front of tim, some good racing with tim for a few laps and then us 1 stoppers were out ourselves, dino in 1st sean 2nd and me 3rd, i pitted on lap 17 for tyres and fuel to goto the end, sean managed to get out in front of me by a couple of seconds then dino was in between us after his pit, we were all very close to the end when reik turned up and pressured me, i dont know what happened but suddenly reik turned into what looked like a scud missile, i saw him so managed to stay out of his way which was lucky but so very nearly a big accident there, what happened reik?

anyhoo tried to put pressure on to dino last few laps, hitting some walls as i went, all 3 of us finished within 2 secs of each other? got to be a record for a podium in presto, one thing id like to get of my chest though is i was quite disappointed in myself for the wides and cuts i had in the race, im usually the biggest defender of the white line rule here i let myself down, it wasnt all that bad but a good few more than id expect from myself all i can say is sorry and it wont happen again :thumbsup:

great race guys, cya all at the next one :)

Last edited:
...i dont know what happened but suddenly reik turned into what looked like a scud missile, i saw him so managed to stay out of his way which was lucky but so very nearly a big accident there, what happened reik?

Well, sorry for frightening you. :whistling:

When pulling over initially for the first millisecond I thought: "Why is he braking so early before the usual mark?" The next millisecond I thought: "Oh dear, not again!!!!"

I remembered that I did the exact same misscounting of braking marks like last Singapore event with the F1. In other words, I was one mark too late and therefore very happy that I didn't take David out. I'm happy that I didn't lock tyres behind David by just smasing into the brakes but turned the wheel and braked afterwards.

I'm frustrated that this own mistake took me the chance to have a nice battle with David and maybe Dino in the end of the race and prove that a 2-stopper had a chance, too. :cool: Better luck (skill) next time I must say. :O_o:

Q: Wanted to do 2 laps, but the second one started very bad and there was no point continueing it. First lap was allright for the first 2 sectors and had an epic 3rd sector to complete a clearly above average qualy lap for me :)
Big thanks for Peter for letting me past in the middle of my timed lap ;) I closed in on you on this lap much more and earlier then expected.

R: Start + first stint was very good, exactly what I could do with this fuel-load and with a free road behind a lighter Reik :)
On my pitstop I made my only big mistake of the race: Already had a rather slow pit-entry but even worse I did stop too early and did not reach my box and stood there for 2 seconds until I realized I wasn't in the box -.-

I came out exactly between Sean and David and simply tried to not ever give David a good chance to overtake, but I almost lost it after a short while when I had a small slide after the very tight right-turn (the one where Reik went straight later on). Every small slide was a very bad idea on this track.

The rest of the race I simply tried to be close to Sean in case something happens. Overtaking was not something that would ever happen here in a normal way though, not without some sort of scorched earth-style divebomb manouver.

At one point I actually tried it, where Sean had his small slide-moment, but thank god I eased out early enough before we would have collided hard.

-> q: 2nd / r: 2nd

Finally a finish here on this track after my disconnect last year and thanks to all for racing and also to the setups that were provided.
See you all next time ;)

Quali was my career best and qualified 11th I think

Race: well what do I say other than :poop:
I didn't get much time to do much high fuel practice. Start was a great start but I think there was a touch bob luneski and Vince but I think all was ok?
I saw bob spin in my mirrors and was worried if it was cause of me.
I managed to keep pace with Steeve and Peter but they managed to gap me. Then it went to pot.
When I pitted for my first stop I overshot my pit massively dropped back the order then I spun twice in the braking zone of t8 second time I damaged my suspention so I thought I'd put really early for my second stop which went better but I keepers falling back down the order so I pushed as hard as I can and completely braked too late while trying to overtake valter (my fault completely :() after that I hit the Singapore sling kurbs too hard and damaged my suspention again but decided to carry on to the finish but my tires were shot at that point and thought that valerio would get me but managed to keep the gap on the last lap.

Congrats to the podium
See you at the next one :D

Reiks reaction: years of driving in an environment where safety is #1, you were prepared to sacrifice yourself rather than slowing down to save yourself.. in milliseconds .. That's how much attitude , certain kind of pre-existing rules in your spine, have in a race. You have programmed options in your head from which your subconscious picks out the best option. If the options are "attack" and "overtake", the choice is not gonna be a good one. Unfortunately only routine does that, you can't just decide to do something, you need to repeat it. Once there many situations where certain kind of action has been proven to be successful in terms of survival, they are then the "go-to" options when you got "fight or flight" reactions ;) Those kind of reaction times are not conscious decisions.

Q.3rd Only thing is some people posted in chat when me and a couple were still doing laps and chat pop ups always put me off slightly, quick scroll down and if people still white, best not to post. :thumbsup:

R.1st 85 84 litres

I was planning on 2 stopper if id got pole but when 3rd (so maybe chat helped lol) I decided to go 1 stopper pretty much no passing here normal racing and it worked out just with Dinos pit mistake.
I wasn't sure at 1st if Dino was 2 or 1 until later in stint as he pulled a small gap with me having a faster 2 stop Gus on my tale it was all about concentrating and not making a mistake.
Tire warning lap 14 so pitted lap 16 for grip and to try slight undertake if possible on Dino it worked out with his troubles and got slight more gap to David then just tried to make most of Dino and Davids close together running to hold gap till end when I knew id have most worn tires. Lapping not a issue everyone great and tire wear warning at 31 I was slightly nervous finishing race hoping for 34 laps lol.
Would also be interesting to know what everyone else had with tire wear if using my setup, I know David didn't get warning or just on lap 17 so I must use more of them or perhaps more lockups underbraking caused this.

Thanks everyone and Grats Dino and David and finishers of this difficult track :thumbsup:

Didn't expect to make this race but still dayshift atm so will take it on race by race until im nightshift hopefully cyas next 1 :cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back