SEASON 11 Race 1 SPA INCIDENT REPORT

no incident to report. Just got hit a bit by Valter on lap 2 at les combes. My tire choice didn't help that at all as i was so slow. Didn't affect race result for me. :thumbsup: Oh maybe i could be 2 laps down instead of 3 lol :)

I'm really sorry Steeve. I thought you made it through the bend. I'm a bit rusty. Didn't find the grip I expected. Sorry again.

Sorry for my big mess in Eau Rogue, Bob - I was too close an carried too much speed and tried to avoid you. This resulted in me hitting the barrier on the left and spun 45 degrees - and I am sure I caused a constantino effect for people behind me. Felt really bad about it, but little I could do but to continue race.

We need to put this incident in perspective:
I cannot remember last we had such a serious incident in our league, with 4 innocent drivers taken out of the race in the second turn. I think it is at least among top 5 worst incidents in our 5 year history.

I think the way this have been dealt with in this thread in no way reflects what is expected. The fact that you haven't been online at Singapore yet doesn't make the impression better.

I think you should take a brake from the league races until you find enough motivation to practice/prepare sufficiently.

Last edited:
ive noticed that nobody made a video of the incident nico is referring to so ive made a short one to show it from a couple of folks perspectives.

amazing how a small incidents can result in huge consequences for others, i think more couldve been said to deal with this seeing as so many people felt the effects of it, for henricks part its a lack of vision of whats going on ahead and what could transpire with cold tyres on the first lap.

hopefully nicos post will give people some motivation to put in some time at least, it benefits us all to be as prepared as possible, doesnt have to be 8hrs or even 3hrs but enough to be safe.

To be honest I didn't and still don't know what to say about it still in a bit of shock over it (trying not to sound melodramatic ;)) but I just can't understand why it happened at the start of it. It's was a very big accident and at least two of us might have been hospitalised I'm sure:cry:. I suppose cause I've not been involved in such an accident I didn't know how to deal with it.
Thank you for both Nico and David you both have made me realise more should have been done next time I will try (at least I hope there won't be a next time:thumbsup:)

This is what I would expect from any member causing such an incident:
-First of all to get a terrible feeling when having ended the race for 4 others who have spent hours preparing
-Go immediatly to forum after race and "beg for forgiveness" (to ease that bad feeling)
-Review the incident, make a video and make a detailed report
-Address what is believed to be the issue (eg. too little practice/preperations)

I was complete :poop: there to though, I was further back I was assuming any cars would been clear time I got there but should have thought for worse and slowed right down before top. I was gutted and thought I alone wrecked Richard who had maybe avoided it but I see he had a few bumps before mine but I deffo finished him and myself off :(.
I should have said more here to though just ive been out house 5/6am and back 7/8 pm with work for last week, time very short or I would have been all over this :thumbsup:

Wovw... i didn't realize it was that bad.. Nico is right, easily on the top5 of worst incidents ever. The start of the chain is very tiny error but the consequences were horrible. For me it was over so quickly, nothing special (i ALWAYS have to slow down on turn 1 and 2 on every track and navigate thru the spins, standard procedure..) so didn't think so much of it, specially as it was not discussed in the gravity it required. I thought it was medium severity at best, with a crash that big we should have 5 pages of posts, videos and analyzes, followed and preceded by apologies. We are on page 2 now...

At the moment of first touch, there is clear mistake on drivingline at Eau Rouge but making the decision of going thru with the choice already made or start slowing down.. That's hard and i doubt many of us would've made the right one. Slowing down on midpack usually has catastrophic consequences, we all know that.

This kind of accident is exactly the kind i fear the most, from season 8 when i doubted my own safety, i saw nightmares of incidents like this. I did a LOT of practice back then for it and haven't seen any doubts about my safety during the season since (i've done my mistakes on off-season practice races..) and i feel very confident. It does help that i have no expectations of getting any decent scores so i stay at the back very gladly.

I see the same from the seasoned veterans at the back of the grid, we are going thru turns in single file line, no fighting until lap 2. We take our positions that are handed to us, oh sir, yes we do, but what i think is the most important is expectations. If you expect to finish strong, you'll hate giving out any positions at the start, resulting in a more aggressive behavior than what the driver usually has. The right attitude is safety, even if it means you are last..

At first look at the video, i thought it was me in the red car, i took exactly those lines all the way to eau rouge, where i started to slow down before the turn, before i saw any incident, i was prepared to be at full stop at Radillion... It's a blind corner so us at the back have to prepare for the worst. This is a tricky incident due to that first tap being so "innocent".

If i may analyze this, the actual mistake happens at 0:25, i see NO attempt to slowing down but only an attempt to stay as close as possible.. This is not how you do that corner. There's enough space behind to give 30m of room, get a nice clean exit from Radillion and make that attempt of passing where it's designed to happen, at the end of Kemmel straight.

About five years ago i was scorned and schooled for the same kind of mistake (it was my first GT season. at Magny Cours tried to overtake on T1.. BIG mistake, luckily only took one car out.. still getting a red face for that mistake...). Patience is the key, patience and better exit for the next straight ;).. It was clear then and it's clear now that if that pass was succesfull, i would've been overtaken anyway at the next straight.. Here it's not exactly the same as there was no passing attempt but due to the nature of the corner, the same rule applies.

It could also be that those of us who drove with MMG F1, turns like Eau Rouge had to be taken like there was a pace car with over 15m between each car.. This was due to lagging.. Maybe we learned to be extra careful* back then? ( * scared like hell of getting close to anybody)

Last edited:
2. incident, TS 1078, lap 8

After a breathtaking fight with Peter, who defended his positon very tough for a few laps, I managed to squeeze me through at Pouhon :cool:. When braking for Fagnes afterwards he hit me on my right rear wheel, which sent me into gravel. I didn't get damaged but a few worthy positions got lost. Nevertheless Peter waited to let me pass him and apologised in the chat. So all good from my side. :thumbsup:

I hope my defensive moves were ok - during my carting days as a youngster I rapidly became known to be a hard driver to pass ;) My aim is to at all times follow the rules - nowadays the F1-overtaking guidelines - with only one change of racing line etc. I knew sooner or later, as soon as I made a small mistake, you would pass directly, and BAM that happened without giving me a single millisecond to cover the inside. I felt pretty satisfied to be able to go wheel-to-wheel on your outside in the next fast left-hander tho. :cool: But then came the other BAM...

As you also experienced with Dino at lap 2 - I over-shot it accidently on that inside, and felt the most fair thing was to wait for you. Sounds like you appreciated that at least :) I haven't examined the replay that hard but I guess it must be said that in all those situations it's a balance how hard the defender on the inside can push the attacker to the outside, and hence when the attacker "can demand to be able to turn". Feels like this is written in kinda Swenglish but hope I get it clear enough.

All in all, it was a thrill for me to able to defend like that since it was my first F3000-race at this level. Just a couple of days before, I became unsure how to handle the car without spinning as soon as another car became closer than 10 m :D

If anyone would like to look at my way of driving defensively and have a different view - please let me know. I just want all to have a fun challenge. I could have let you faster guys pass and we all would have gained time in the end, but should that always be the goal? I believe in common sense, but some times a couple of precise guidelines are good to agree about I guess.

Ok, this became many words, but better to be clear about my view - especially since I'm a newcomer.

...and felt the most fair thing was to wait for you. Sounds like you appreciated that at least :)

He, he. That's not my personal wish but a PrestoGP guideline. ;) :p

All of your defending moves felt ok to me. :thumbsup: I like hard fighting and it looks like we all have a good feeling how hard we can do this (including giving the required room). ;)

I haven't examined the replay that hard but I guess it must be said that in all those situations it's a balance how hard the defender on the inside can push the attacker to the outside, and hence when the attacker "can demand to be able to turn".

I have not seen the situation, but on a general basis, the one who goes for the inside (defending or attacking) is expected to make a tight apex. On the exit he naturally needs to leave enough room for the other car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back