Season 11 Race 09: Hungaroring 2011 Setup and Practice Thread

heres my latest setup for anyone who wants it :)

i thought this lap was my pb, made the video then realised its a 1.29.4, my actual pb is 1.29.2, i may go back and make a vid of it or wait till i beat it before making another.

David, I used your setup in the practice race earlier and have been using in practice for a while now. I have to say that this suits my style very well. I'm likely to use this in the race tomorrow.

Thank you very much for making and posting it. :thumbsup:

Using Davids setup too, with decreased rear fast rebound and tad tighter ARB. It feels like it has tremendous amounts of grip with a nice driveable rear end. Mid day sessions went well, found a little more pace and places where i loose it, about a second. One of the hardest places for me is T4. It was the same with F1. I'm thinking it's cause of tinroofer days, the approach has such a different rhythm.

In GT car you go on brakes of course sooner but you need to also wait for the body roll to take the car all the way on the right side before taking the turn on slight understeer controlling the mass transfer mainly with brake (you loose speed until outside curb anyway). If you cut inside curb, you'll spin or push wide (with load on the right side maxed, the inside wheels are basically free to hop that curb but if you try to cut.. it just jumps..). With open wheelers you don't need to pre-load the right side at all, you just turn and it goes to nice understeer that's controlled with dancing on the throttle. I know it cause i've done it the right way plenty of times, on 5th gear but it's like third race on open wheelers and i still can't get it right.. Usually i'm late, i get the initial turn-in is right but the follow up is always late and i got a bit of "inside curb fobia". Another three less severe places exists but it all counts to 1 to 1½s per lap, heavier fuel loads there's less issues.. If i don't think about it too much, i lose less time ;) so i'm not worrying about.. well anything really. Tires will degrade, there's nothing one can do about it. Past experience has proven that saving tires is darn slow in Hungary so it's about trying to be fast but sliding less to get to planned pitstops.. It's the same for all.

I've never been good in Hungary, lets see how this race treats me. It's sunny weather...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back