Season 11 Race 07: Interlagos Setup and Practice Thread

Anyone up for a 1 vs. 2 stop race or just some normal stint practice tonight?

yeah. i would like to. although you are faster then me it might not be really helpful to judge which strategy is best. :) but since i wanted to drive a 1 stop race this evening anyway i would like to do it with other drivers around :) kind of like a final rehearsal since i cant do it tomorrow, this way i can check if everything works online for 62 minutes and stuff :)

Any particular time that suits you? I think I can make it with race start any time between 6pm and 9pm UK-time (now it is 4:51pm). Anyone else who wants to join?

EDIT: Great Alex, but I hope you have time to wait for me to make and eat dinner (fish-cakes with carrots and potatos) first ;)

No changes to the servers David, same once that have been there last 12 days. I did my pb. yesterday when Sean (and Bob) was online, I assume you joined after I left. (But that I did a pb does not prove much as I am still at a point where I get faster with more practice).

must be me and sean getting slower and everyone else getting faster then :thumbsup:

will try again tonight, just been wierd its the first night for over a week that 1.19s havent come along very easily.

No changes to the servers David, same once that have been there last 12 days. I did my pb. yesterday when Sean (and Bob) was online, I assume you joined after I left. (But that I did a pb does not prove much as I am still at a point where I get faster with more practice).

I am, but i don'T know if it will be too late for you. I'll be here around 9h30-10h UK time. I wish i'll have some people to drive with :)

Setup works like a dream (base: Sean, thanks man. Very very tiny changes, the usual rear and front slow rebound decrease).

Racepace settled on 1:24 with 90l and tire wear were so low that i just had to ask Bob M if the sessions really has 2 x tire wear.. I was going 1s faster by lap12, suddenly just huge grip when most of the fuel were burned. Really surprised after a stint, mood seems to affect my performance so i left it here. Brake and throttle are in good sync, balancing the car on low speed corners, proper aerobalance and lots of confidence. The pitentry is not a problem, taking slightly longer route on regular lap is as fast as cutting thru pitlane markings (car bottoms out twice and scrapes speed, faster or equally fast route seemed to be flatter and longer, in the middle of the track.)

EDIT: For the new guys, my amount of practice is the absolute minimum here. Usually guys do one or two race lengths at least and that's my usual practice too. Some do 200 laps :) I think this is my 8th or 9th race in this version of Interlagos with various leagues and vehicles so every inch of the track is familiar. On tracks that i haven't been or have had troubles getting a good lap in, it's considerably longer process (at least a race length) This time it just happened to be very short process, in the first practice session, on lap 4 i was .5s from my PB.

Last edited:
Sorry, but don't think I will make this, it seems I have been volunteered to be the family taxi driver tonight.

If I don't get back in time have a good race.

When official practice starts, all those servers are taken down, and only one server will be running for the race. Just wait until then, and join the one and only server. :)

Atleast it would be nice if that's the case :D Would be great if the q-server would be closed too during official-practice time :) Then all can enjoy the same practice conditions on the official server, be it rain or whatever.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%