Season 10 videos

Here is a video a made of the best action i found on the Nurburgring race. I hope i didn't miss any good battles, its hard to get all the action. I was constantly browsing from P1 to P21 to find some action and record it. At the end i found the youtube does not allow me to post a video over 15 minutes (unless i follow their procedure that i didn't read) so i had to cut a bit in almost every scenes.

My goal was to help Presto getting my visibility. So Nico, if you wish, make a post on the home page of RD and join this video.

Hope you like it! And sorry for the poor quality, i don't know why it is so bad..... :(

Steeve

This tyime i use AVS4you, and i think its why the quality is so bad. Previously i was using Windows live movie maker, better quality but i had trouble with it. It didn't want to load my videos capture.... i tried it few minutes ago and was working.... grrrrr. Anyway.... we see the action we have to see.

For youtube, it's best to use h.264 encoder (mp4) as it's internally supported and above 1100kbps bit rate (regular ole DVD has 3500kbps). You'll loose less in conversion plus your original video can be downloaded in full quality..

Bandicam is excellent capture software (unlicensed version has a watermark at the top), i've also heard good things about MSI Afterburner. Personally, i switch to 1280x720 windowed mode when recording. It's half HD, scales nicely to full HD (you may want to do your editing in full HD, 1080p, specially if you use After Effects, then scale it down to 720p when exporting) Never choose interleave in the export options (it's the 'i' in 720i, you want to see the 'p' there = progressive)), it's ancient method used in the analoque broadcasts and our digital equipment has to either simulate the old circuitry or forget about it (edit: oh, i forgot the 1080i, that's used today in digital broadcasting). Check this video, it explains it nicely:
(first two minutes..)

I mentioned because interlaced has lower filesize and might not be that much different quality from progressive, specially in slow moving images ( on stills it's the same quality as progressive but funnily, doesn't then offer any filesize improvements, you still need two frames to form a complete picture....). But it suffers a lot in the conversion as the encoders don't react well to it causing unnecessary blurriness.

There are keyboard shortcuts to all the control you see on screen so you can choose Fullscreen in the replay screen. Page up/down, +/-, insert, home and the numberpad has all the functions you need.

Personally, i switch to 1280x720 windowed mode when recording. It's half HD, scales nicely to full HD (you may want to do your editing in full HD, 1080p, specially if you use After Effects, then scale it down to 720p when exporting) Never choose interleave in the export options (it's the 'i' in 720i, you want to see the 'p' there = progressive)),

My RaceO7 game automattically switch my screen to 1080i when i start it. So

it's ancient method used in the analoque broadcasts and our digital equipment has to either simulate the old circuitry or forget about it (edit: oh, i forgot the 1080i, that's used today in digital broadcasting). Check this video, it explains it nicely.,

Yes it explains it nicely but i don't have his software, plus he talks about video caught by camera, not by fraps. And i didn't find any export options in MS movie maker or avs4you. So i guess the problem is my software.

Anyway, i will hope for moviemaker to work when i want it.... if not i will have poor quality videos with avs4you :) unless i find something else to get higher quality.

Thanks for good info Kennett

Dino, do you "capture" your video with virtualdub? then you edit them with xvid?? i have so many questions, i'm noob in doing videos :)
I use Fraps to capture them, but you can also use MSI Afterburner for that.
Then VirtualDub to convert them into avi, using Xvid to compress it from inside the program.

I think you can add your comments directly in YouTube if you wish, but I'm not sure as I only upload unedited racing replays.

I use Fraps to capture them, but you can also use MSI Afterburner for that.
Then VirtualDub to convert them into avi, using Xvid to compress it from inside the program.

I think you can add your comments directly in YouTube if you wish, but I'm not sure as I only upload unedited racing replays.

Thanks Dino, i read a tutorial about it, its getting clearer now. Still i have a lot to learn :)

Video updated in better quality. See on top of this page!

I use the same avs4you software, which is very cool after all, i only found that i can cearte my video in so many format/quality with it. Now this one is youtube HD format (720p), not the best but it keeps the video relatively small. The best result i found is .wmv HD 1080p. But the size is twice bigger than youtube HD.

Thanks ev-1 for precious help, i will now have clear videos :)

Steeve

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years