SEASON 10 Race 9 MONACO - (!) suggested pit exit agreement (!)

Reik Major

Premium
I remember the last time we raced here, we had some kind of gentlemen agreement about the tricky pit exit. I think we agreeded not to cross the track completely after leaving the pits but to drive at maximum to the middle of the track. Nevertheless I think we had a few incidents so I'd like to go a bit further by suggesting an agreement wich would keep things fair if everyone would agree.

Here's my suggestion for this agreement:

We agree to take the pit exit chicane in 2nd gear and hold a decent line on the right side of the track. We are prepared to hold a tight inner line through T1 afterwards, if incoming traffic claims the outside line.

I noticed myself that I can only ensure a safe and tight exit, when I take it in 2nd gear. So I think if we all agree to do so on purpose no one would get a disadvantage by doing it safer than another one. Without a prove I asume that different gear ratios shouldn't result into reasonable big differences. I just like to have an accepted frame about how quick we should leave the pits and which line to use. Feel free to agree, to discuss or make other suggestions. ;)

Any "like" without a post will be considered as an agreement. :D

PS: Nico, I hope the thread title is ok for you, because I like to get as much attendance as possible for this topic.

EDIT: As a conclusion of the discussion below, the agreement gets simplified to the following:

We want to exit the pit on the right side of the track so incoming traffic has enough safe room from the middle to the left side of the track. The exiting driver but also the incoming driver should be aware if they are fighting for position or if it's going to be a lapping move and react properly.

i dont think it matters what gear your in when leaving the pits, all that matters is that you can do so safely, what ive always done at monaco is plan on being as fast out of the pits as is possible without going anywhere near the racing line and staying to the right of the track until turn 1, if im fighting for position from leaving the pits i will fight on the right side of the track into turn 1, i dont see any reason to all be in a predetermined gear, it should be one of the most simplest pit exits, everyone should understand by now? :rolleyes:

we can not discuss the first braking with the opponent, if we leave the pits in dispute for a position???
I am not sure if I understand what you mean?

I agree that we must be extra focused on staying way clear of the racing line and doing a tight t1,but that the choice of gear should not be fixed. I often have my 1st gear so long that it almost equal other driver's second :)

I won't be able to race at Monaco this week :( was really looking forward to the challenge but to be safe I don't think I should run. This season has been my first season in a league and has been testing me (which I love the challenge) but my inexperiance has led me to the desition to not race at Monaco as I don't want to wreck anyone's race which can be easily done here. Watching the gp at the weekend confirmed it to me as my race would likely end like grosgean's did. Hope that you all have a great race and I am sorry for my inconsistancy this season. It's been a test year as such as I haven't ran any single seaters online or the f3000 at all. See you at the next race I hope :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 411 39.9%