Season 10 Race 4 Melbourne Setup Thread

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
i'll start us off with this hotlap vid..... its my pb so far after the one practise session, a few mistakes and can go a higher gear in a few corners but its a start........

heres my first setup too, its based on the nurburgring setup with some small changes, could even use lower wings yet i started high and will work down, i'll update this post as i practise more.

:)

*NEW*

made some improvements to my lap and setup, new pb of 1.37.1, here they are for anyone wanting to have a look...

**LATEST**

new pb 1.36.8 using the same setup 2 posted.

Attachments

• David aus 1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 250
  • David aus 2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 239
My setup...
Likewise to David, I started with my Nurburgring's setup. could not get into the 37's though...:)
Wings are 21 /28. I like to get use to a car with a little understeer for the High speed S; in case of rain...
I 'felt' as though i needed to add front and rear toe to keep the car running straight down the start-finish straight; I had the wobbles. It seemed to work.

Attachments

• Melbourne Q.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 259
my small contribution and thanks to all who post their setup & video:thumbsup:

I did at home a stint:
20 cars
start in last place
98%AI so I can do some overtaking:D
dry race
33mins.
19laps
4,6lit. for lap
92lit. for stint (second stint 88lit think enough )
wear tires FL 80% FR 84% RL 84 % RR 84 %
step 1:43 1:44
my drive style: brake too late, gears too low, big oversteer:( :D are years that i work around this, few improvement but big knowledge of the problem:roflmao:.

A big "Thank You!" to everyone who posts setups, videos and useful information! Especially to David who's setup is very, very helpful for me :thumbsup:.

Yesterday night I had my first ever run with the F3000 at Melbourne and again I had to learn that I'm not able yet to convert a good F3000 setup from one track to another. So after a waste of time with adjusting own setups I finally took Davids setup and with very tiny adjustments I was able to drive a 1:37:5xx, which seems to be my limit. So thank you again mate!

guys before we get to the stage of calling me Sir David :roflmao: id like to thank marko and helder for the setups they first made at istanbull and silverstone as they set the base for whats come after, its been an evolution of a good base setup since so most thanks should goto both those guys for their contributions, theres a long way to go in the season though and i'll continue to share vids and setups that will hopefully help people, ive grown to enjoy driving and racing f3000 so will be doing quite a bit of practise.

ive grown to enjoy driving and racing f3000 so will be doing quite a bit of practise.

Its good to hear you say that David :thumbsup:. I'm relatively new to this game, and at my 1st touch with F3000 i fell in love. Later tried the MMG and like it too, but never as much as the F3000. Now to hear a thing like that from a guy who at 1st didn't want a slower car, it makes me think there's a reason why i prefered F3000. :)

I will keep posting videos of "decent" laps and my setups. I don't know why but with David's setup i can't get close to my PB compare to mine.... Must be different driving styles.

Yeah nice to hear David, we all need and want a strong David Turnbull a strong Sean Greenlaw a strong Reik Major, to have a even more competition, at the top, the champ need all of us on top form :) and all the others at good level! :)
We did the 3 first rounds and the champ is now in a regular stage of the season next five rounds for sure we'll have some decisions for the title battle. (=
Really looking forward for what we will have in next future :) i believe more than 2 in top fighting for the champ at the last rounds, i can say me and Marko have a good launch a good start of the season but like i said hoping really for the next few rounds to have more certainty, and i believe a fight with more than, one on one. :)
Let's go for it! :thumbsup:

I was wondering if I could have some advice. I don't know why but I seem to be have too much under steer all the time. Just wondering what I could try to gain confidence with the steering and corner speed. It seams more apex speed as initial turn in seams good and exit speed seems slow cause of apex speed. I have watched the vids people have put up but can't seem to get the nose where I want it. I'm new to a wheel which could be the reason I just don't know. I'm really looking forward to this race tho I seem to be closer but still not fast enough for competing with you guys lol. Sorry if this is amaturish question still learning this car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%