SEASON 10 Race 2 SILVERSTONE INCIDENT REPORT

Turn 1: Anthony got a better start and passed me, then he also tried to pass Vincenzo on the inside of the opening straight. He bounced off of Vincenzo and into my path, I hit his rear tire bouncing off to the inside, Peter then tapped me slightly from the rear.

My apology, my path start to narrow when Vince start slightly drifting towards me from the left and we start scrubbing wheels at the same time Fournier was on my right and start going left , i saw the danger ahead approaching turn 1 and had to lift of and abort my overtaking attempt. i did not feel at all that u had hit me from behind.

. The result put me on a very inside line into T1 and I took it as tightly as I could. Anthony was now on the outside and slightly behind me going through T1 and bounced off my car coming out of the turn which I did not feel.
After i lifted of Tim was now on my left and passing me and then there was another black car following Tim so i had to stay where I was in case the black car tried to pass as well , by then the turn was there and tried to take it as wide as I could leaving enough room for you on my right and for the car on my left. unfortunatly for me it did not work , a racing incident.

Come out on the curbs in old T1 and skidded into the track and nearly took out Nicolai and returned back in front of Anthony who had no chance to avoid me.:(
Sorry about that, I was a little unsure of how close Nicolai was on the outside so I went a little too far out. Hope that the car was driveable Anthony. Sorry again.:(

That was a scary moment for sure but idid not feel any contact with u at all and the car was perfect to drive . we both were lucky to escape it :)

A video showing two of my mistakes.

Second was a battle with Valter where I did not leave enough room on my inside when I was not completly ahead. I could feel my left rear impacted with Valter. I was unsure what to do and considered letting him past, but he was not "on" when I planned for it, and I thought I rather keep on pushing and excuse myself in the forum.

We are talking about the same situation it seems Valter. Looking at your video I see nothing wrong from either of us. We both ran with small safety margins (I left minimum room and you didn't pull out) because we know each other well on track. This time we made contact, but I was never close to losing control and neither were you it seems. No, this was a great battle which was rounded off with a little kiss :thumbsup: (only lame thing was that you touched the grass and lost some momentum in the battle;))

We are talking about the same situation it seems Valter. Looking at your video I see nothing wrong from either of us. We both ran with small safety margins (I left minimum room and you didn't pull out) because we know each other well on track. This time we made contact, but I was never close to losing control and neither were you it seems. No, this was a great battle which was rounded off with
a little kiss :thumbsup: (only lame thing was that you touched the grass and lost some momentum in the battle;))
Yea, it was a fun part of the race and not such a big mistake. We have done this so many times now and never failed, not hat I can recall at least. I could surely have gone slower and tighter. Then you would have thought that I'm beginning to get too old and slow for these cars, and then of course I have to prove you wrong;) Maybe I used just a fraction too much throttle just to make an impression:) I'm glad my clumsy defence of my position/pride didn't make you spin.

I would like to mention one thing about the Valter-Chirlie incident:
When I looked at Valter's video my immediate thought was that I think I would have done exactly the same as Valter. Also I was very surpised that Chirlie didn't move to the left when I saw Valter off the track.

If I was to guess what went wrong I think it was that Chirlie's understanding of the track re-entry rule made him believe that Valter would not re-enter the track, thus he stayed on the right side of the track with full throttle and was very surprised when he reentred. If I was behind I would have expected Valter to re-enter like he did and moved to the left at an early stage and made a controlled and safe pass.

I would love it if we could discuss this so we can establish if Valter's track re-entry is to be considered too hazardius or if it is ok in the future.

I would love it if we could discuss this[...]

From my point of view Valters re-entry was absolutely fine. Controlled and safe in a low angle on a long straight. I see no problem in driving around him.

In Chirlies situation I could only imagine getting taken by surprise there if I watched in the mirrors or on my telemetry. But this should be considered pure bad luck then...

I agree with Sean that both parties have dealt with this incident very well on the previous page. I agree with Nico that after an incident like this one its good to check we are all on the same page for the future. From my perspective, I would have done the same as Valter and carefully re-entered the track believing there was plenty of room for both cars on that straight.

Lap 19 Valter goes off track so i expect him to stay off track but he pulls back on infront of me and have to hard brake , spin out and DNF
I'm very sorry Chirlie. I will report the incident after checking the replay tonight. I wondered where you went. It was such a fun chase. Sorry again mate.
No worries Valter was my own fault for not anticipating you coming back on , and stamping my brake pedal like it was a big spider lol :)
I'm very impressed of your great generosity mate. Thanks for those words. I'm not satisfied with my own doings there.
To be honest i think this incident was solved on previous page :thumbsup:
For me it was unclear if Valter's reentry was regarded ok or not, and that is pretty much the only answer needed to "solve" the incident. After the feedback I have received I now feel confident that Valter's re-entry is ok, and it should be expected/be predictable in the future.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back