Searching...searching

There has got to be a better way to select cars in this sim.
I just purchased the URD Detroit 2018.
The extracted rfcmp file is in the rfactor2\bin32\Packades folder and yet I cannot find the car.

Thanks guys.
I'm at a loss to explain why that bin32 directory had a packages folder...I never created one.
Is the Mod manager used by the software?
It points to the bin32\packages folder as the default.
The working folder also pointed to the bin32 directory.

Last edited:
In the launcher click on the "Package" icon then at the bottom of your screen you will see a address bar where you will be able to properly setup your Packages location which is very important.
Note: mine is set to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages

Setting the Packages location will allow you to see your car and track files to install from the Launcher.

Last edited:
Only a few mods are still using "Pkg File" method, it's messy and they force you to place content in the default Package folder

You can run as many package folders as you like so you can divide content by cars, tracks etc'
You can place them all on another drive/ partition so your rF2 folder has no bloat or you don't make a mistake and delete them all, at best you would still have to move all content out of packages before you could do a fresh rF2

Like not smart to have expensive SSD holding content when it can all be stored on your slow sata .... .assuming you are in that situation, many are

URD and GT3 skinners should get together and package them as mods like the other 99.9% of content does

You can see here only "packages" are URD skin and my room mods
( Room mods allow you to pick specific cars tracks and skins )

In drop down see other packages folders I have created
I removed GT3 skinsets as to much drama updating my room mods
and confusing numbering
Also any cars use package method I gave the flick
So all content is not in rF2 folder

mods-rf2.jpg

So my rF2 steam folder is 69.8GB ...but this is all is in "Packages"
I have 20+GB of mods not available in workshop so save that space putting elsewhere

mods-rf2-02.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%