PC2 Searching for someone who play pcars 2 with dd1 fanatec for help

Hi guys. I'm sorry if my english is not 100% comprehensible, i'm french.
I have a serious request for a friend of mine who bought a podium DD1 wheel base recently. He plays with me online on project cars 2 near since 2 years now but infortunately, it's impossible with its fanatec podium.
It's incomprehensible, the podium DD1 works with AC, ACC, Raceroom but not with pcars 2. It's never detected by the game, it's impossible to calibrate it, steer left or right, shift up or down isn't recognized also.
Someone here may be knows the right method ? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

the game wasn't patched for the Fanatec DD wheels, so you'll have to calibrate them in the "generic wheel" profile, but it should get recognized anyway.
Maybe try to ask on the official forum, maybe someone with a direct drive wheel (also non fanatec) will be able to help you calibrating it in pCars

Old thread I know, but
  • has anyone had a problem where your shifters don't work even if they're mapped?
  • also, if I forget to start project cars in compatibility mode, all of my wheel settings are reset. Is there a directory with the settings that I could backup? I've reset the settings several times.

Hi All.
So is that it then!!! ? No support from Project car 2 developers ?
I have been racing now for almost two years with my CSW 2.5 on ac. acc. Rf2. Ams 2. Raceroom. so last year I also purchased Project cars 2 with all tracks and cars and had a blast ( its a great game) but two weeks ago swapped my trusty CSW 2.5 for a DD1 . Now PC2 is completely useless and a total waste of money because although the shifters are recognised and mapped they simply don't actuate in the game (all other games are fine) I have tried to use custom setup and still the same thing , they get assigned and still wont work in game, same story for my Heusinkveld sequential shifter ( assigned and nothing in game ) its so frustrating because by the looks of things , no one has an answer ?
So what next Guy's ? just trash the game never to play again?
such a shame if that is the answer from the Developers that surely must understand that the tech on wheelbases is not going to stand still and their game will disappear into the toilet ?
I apologise for the rant if I'm doing something wrong and missing something but I'm clueless what to do.
Maybe ill try to run the game in " autoshift" ? if it works , it'll turn the game from a half decent sim into a crappy arcade type game that can be played by a 5 year old on Daddy's phone or tablet !!

Just use a custom wheel setting instead of the default Fanatec CSW v2.5. A downside is that you will have to map all the buttons yourself(map the axis' before calibrate steering and pedals!), but it works AND you can leave it in PC(not compatibility) mode. It's not a DD1 specific problem because I had the same on my previous CSW v2.5. Reinstalling the drivers mostly seemed to temporarily fix the problem and my gut feeling says it's worse on some driver versions than others.

Long story short there are some weird things going on between the Fanatec drivers and PC2, custom wheel is the solution.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%