SCS Software Reveal New Map Expansion Teasers for ATS

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Preview 1.jpg

SCS Software have revealed some more preview footage from the as yet unannounced new American Truck Simulator map expansion - but can you guess where it's based?

Starting the teasing with a bizarre video trailer showing a diesel powered bumble bee (yes, I didn't get the reference either), SCS Software have now slipped into more traditional territory by releasing some first preview images from the unnamed new state expansion for American Truck Simulator..

ATS Preview 2.jpg
ATS Preview 3.jpg
ATS Preview 4.jpg

Still keeping their cards close to the chest with regards to where in the United States the new expansion is set to be located, at least the latest images might help those with a strong knowledge of their American geography some clues about the location... anyone care to venture a guess?

ATS Preview 5.jpg
ATS Preview 6.jpg
ATS Preview 7.jpg

To further help pinpointing the new location, SCS Software had the following to say:

We are sure you will spot a few clues which might give you the answer of where our next map expansion will be. One thing is for sure that this state is very diverse in its landscapes. From red rocks to thick forests to great lakes, this state seems to have it all!
So, where do we think it might be located?

American Truck Simulator is available to purchase now on Steam.

Like hauling load around a virtual United States of America? Good news for you then, you'll probably love our American Truck Sim sub forum! A place to hang with fellow fans of the game, catch up with the latest news and share your love of this surprisingly refreshing simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Well...I live in Colorado, so I might be seeing what I want to see, but this does sort of look/sound like Colorado.

That would be pretty neat-o and "red rocks" is definitely a strong Colorado hint...but the "great lakes" thing makes me suspect perhaps Utah? They would have the Great Salt Lake, Lake Powell. Or maybe even Nevada - Lake Mead.

Honestly, a lot of the American West pretty much looks the same...those pics look like they could be about anywhere within an area of a few gazillion square miles out here.

Last edited:
Much as I wish it was my home state of Colorado (I had the same reaction to the 'red rock's reference), I think it's Utah, and the red rocks is a reference to the Moab/Arches area. In any case I'll be buying it for sure!

I've been wondering, did they ever make something snow/ice themed like Alaska for ATS and Russia for ETS2? Seeing as they keep expanding east with ETS2 (Balcan region) and north with ATS (Washington), it feels like something they could potentially look into. I remember there was a show on Discovery called something like Highway Heroes and it was about truckers delivering goods and resources in Alaska and had to drive these semi trucks on highways literally made of frozen ice.
I've seen there are mods that add those kinds of maps, but something official would be even better.

Also, bonus question. Is there any news on how many more dlcs are still planned for both ATS and ETS2 or will they go on until the end of time?

I've been wondering, did they ever make something snow/ice themed like Alaska for ATS and Russia for ETS2? Seeing as they keep expanding east with ETS2 (Balcan region) and north with ATS (Washington), it feels like something they could potentially look into. I remember there was a show on Discovery called something like Highway Heroes and it was about truckers delivering goods and resources in Alaska and had to drive these semi trucks on highways literally made of frozen ice.
I've seen there are mods that add those kinds of maps, but something official would be even better.

Also, bonus question. Is there any news on how many more dlcs are still planned for both ATS and ETS2 or will they go on until the end of time?

Ice Road Truckers is the show I think, it's fairly interesting. That's a good idea for the game (I say having never played any trucking games). That's all about traction, I wonder if they'd have a tough time getting the tire model and road feel to work right.

Just like everyone else I thought it might be Colorado, but since it has to be a linking state (which has to be Utah or Idaho), and one of the photos looks like the warehouse district (with its unique street lamps) in Salt Lake City, I'm going with Utah.

It's Utah. In NE Nevada, I believe it was I-80 Eastbound, heading towards Jackpot, NV...and just before the world barriers there was a sign that said Salt Lake City but also a closed banner over it...guessing that was the hint that it's coming soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 189 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 248 13.6%