SCS reveals Coach Simulator, teases American Truck Sim

euro_coach_simulator_1600.jpg

SCS Software has published the first issue of their "World of Trucks newsletter" containing several interesting bits about the near future of the Czech studio - the most interesting of which is Euro Coach Simulator.

Apparently Coach Simulator will be new downloadable content for Euro Truck Simulator 2 focusing on - obviously - passenger transport.

euro_coach_simulator_2_1600.jpg

While the original vision for the bus simulator was that of a standalone game, SCS decided to instead merge it with ETS2 due to the extensive reuse of assets. The base game already has some coach-focused bits and pieces, according to the newsletter, so this explains their presence in the game world.

The studio has also published a pre-alpha gameplay video for American Truck Simulator.

As you can see from the attached video, it certainly looks like an American version of ETS2, and that's no bad thing. Driving through the Californian landscape looks very suggestive, and SCS has nailed the look of North American roads and freeways, I'd say. I do hope they change the HUD, though.

Watch the video here!

Are you ready for more transportation action? Sound off in the comments below!

Last edited:
How is the ETS2 multiplayer? I keep thinking about downloading it but......
Still too big chance to end up in a service after being rammed into. Not too bad if you don't care about those, but I like to get the 'Excellent' delivery and it annoys me too much.

You should give it a shot and see how it'll go for you, as apart from rammers it's really good fun!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 121 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%