Scripted convertiable roofs?

He's ready to go into Racer? where's his head? is he going to be the headless driver lol

The head is another entity which doesn't belong to the skeleton. Its PP/CG must be @ 0,0,0 & recentered. No worries, his head is looking great, more pictures to come...

@camsinny/Dream Factory

When replaying with my new driver, everything looks great...so sounds strange to me...
I'll put the head in position & make a new check !

The problem I see with that is the driver is then placed in the correct position for only one car. i.e. steering wheel position changes from car to car.
I have no clue how it'd work if we were to try out some targeting system...I'm not that clever.
Anyway, I have a somewhat nice driver model setup now...it's just a matter of skinning him nicely and texturing.
And if you guys REALLY want a convertible I guess I could work something out...or Whippy - do you have something in the works already perhaps? :)

There aren't no probs really, a simple offset of the driver anim & you're good.
The trick is to model the driver seat accordingly to the driver seat inclination, so he fits perfectly to the car.

You can add movables (skinned objects) to cars now, but they must be controlled using scripts since it's all pretty custom.
You can use it for convertible roofs, or even passengers.

Now wait you'll just have to wait for the next release ;)

The scripting does seem quite clunky but I guess it can be streamlined for common things, and have scripts call other scripts with the complex lumps of generic code in them (like the shaders?!)

Ultimately there are so many ways to do different things. I think the scripts work fine for most movements, then you just use the skinning/bones for more complex ones (like canvas hoods on convertibles)

If everything is set up in your 3D app with the correct offsets/coords, then you can easily find start/end locations and all that in 3D program nicely :)

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back