Screenshot scene problem

Hi everybody,

among my favourite tracks for testing were always those simple screen shot scene tracks. However, since we have Racers CG versions all cars 'hang' 1m in the air (see picture). Not a cars problem since all vehicles behave the same. I tried to play around with it but no success. Any ideas on how to fix that?
Thank you!

Attachments

• screenshot_screen_lr.jpg
    screenshot_screen_lr.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 232
Yeah, I see what you mean. The car remains static while the wheels keep spinning...

Attachments

• Clipboard-0.jpg
    Clipboard-0.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Clipboard-1.jpg
    Clipboard-1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Clipboard-2.jpg
    Clipboard-2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 249
Thanks boomer! I modded another track (that had splines) with the grayish textures of that scene and it works ok for me.

Well, I have another question, though I don't think it's worth opening a new thread: Is it possible to turn off vignetting while keeping bloom and blur and all the other eye candy?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Clipboard-1.jpg
    Clipboard-1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 261
There's actually a very intriguing bug at work here - if you change the flag value of the skybox to 6 (collide) in geometry.ini, vehicles will be loaded normally. Dave and I encountered this behavior on a WIP track as well and it seems to have appeared with an internal Cg shader update a couple of months ago.

• Tiberius

That's a weird one. A while back I had a similar bug on my 'Shades of early summer' track, basically a large country road track. Cars would spawn in mid air and not touch the road, the same bug as you're getting on that track. Track would load and run fine in 065, changing the Newton World size didn't help either. I just assumed it was down to the size of the track (it was like 8km square), so just deleted the whole thing.

I like that car BTW, who made it? :rolleyes:

Hi everybody,

among my favourite tracks for testing were always those simple screen shot scene tracks. However, since we have Racers CG versions all cars 'hang' 1m in the air (see picture). Not a cars problem since all vehicles behave the same. I tried to play around with it but no success. Any ideas on how to fix that?
Thank you!

Lowrida! =D lol

sorry mate, hope you find the solution.

cheers

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%