1. Do you love cycling and/or running?
    Join the RaceDepartment community on Strava here.

Screenshot Quality Issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by ImprezAlex, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ImprezAlex

ImprezAlex

Ratings:
    +17
    Apologies if this has been addressed before. I did a search on here and Google and couldn't find an answer.

When I'm looking at a replay or race, everything is crisp and clear. When I screenshot, the image is noticeably worse in terms of quality. It doesn't come close to how good it looked on-screen.

I have tried allowing Steam to store uncompressed versions of the screenshots, and it made no difference.

What am I doing wrong?

2. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin
    Reiza Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +178
    Try to use Fraps or GeForce Experience (if You have nvidia card), Steam always compressed screenshots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +299
    Hmm do screenshots work OK in other Steam games? It should pull your AMS video settings exactly. Re-run the config tool and see if it corrects it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. schlitty

schlitty

Ratings:
    +104
    I've always found Steam screenshots to be supbar quality in any game. The built in AMS screenshots are a little bump up but I still think there's compression and quality loss. AMD ReLive or GeForce Experience are the better and convenient choices that should serve most needs. Some people swear by MSI Afterburner (overclocking/monitor software), the .png captures are suppose to be lossless.

Edit: It has been awhile, but I do believe Steam screenshots won't even capture SweetFX if you happen to use it. Which most AMS players do. Really, just not good screenshots.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +1,017
    You can edit your PLR file to save as PNG files with AMS, that should be the best quality.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +299
    That is a great point. Then you can use the Prt Scr button rather than F12 in Steam. I did it and my Mid Ohio screenshot looks perfect. This wasn't even my thread/question but thanks Alex! :):)

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  7. ImprezAlex

ImprezAlex

Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks for the help, everyone. I'm not at home for a few days but I'll try all these options and report back! Much appreciated!

And Dann, that shot is incredible!

• Like Like x 1