Screen tearing issues all of a sudden - Advice?

Not sure what is going on. I have a 4GB Asus GTX 970 Strix running triple monitors (60hz refresh rate) & Windows 10. The two main racing sims I play are AMS & R3E. I've had this setup since 2015 & never had any screen tearing issues. A few days ago I noticed two horizontal tear lines spanning across all three monitors in AMS & R3E. It only happens when I'm racing or watching a replay. There is no tearing on the menu screens. I do not use VSync because of the input lag but I limit my framerate to 60fps using EVGA PrecisionX. No drivers or settings have been updated. Any ideas? Is my video card beginning to go bad?

Maybe Windows 10 Anniversary update?
I ask as I had the update only 3 weeks ago and the xbox app was running a screen grab on my games.
Make sure in xbox app, settings that gaveDVR is stopped.

Upvote 0
Do you overclock the GPU?

Yes I do. My card is not overheating & I have no artifacts appearing on the screens. I tried it with the stock settings & still have the issue.

Maybe Windows 10 Anniversary update?
I ask as I had the update only 3 weeks ago and the xbox app was running a screen grab on my games.
Make sure in xbox app, settings that gaveDVR is stopped.

I will check into that. I'm pretty sure I uninstalled the Xbox app in Windows 10 since I don't have a console system.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing