Screen blackout issue

Currently running triples with 1080ti 11gb i7 700k and 650watt psu.
Ive had a long standing issue with my PC whereby if the gpu temps go above 65 degrees one of my monitors blacks out but game keeps running.
I thought gpu's could run much hotter than this before throttling or causing issues but its definitely temperature related as it never happens belows those temps . The card max temp is set to 84 degrees.
Ive got msi fan curve set and i monitor gpu cpu temps with no over clocks.
Has anyone had this issue before or ever come across this type thing very fustrating problem.
Any suggestions?

Yes . If i return to desktop and as the temps drop back into the high 40s low 50s the screen comes back on hence i think its related to the gpu temp .

If you are absolutely sure it is temp related, the only solution that comes to my mind is adjusting the fan curve in Afterburner. Start it at 40deg, max it at 55 or 60. Use headphones for driving:)

As per first post i have set a fairly aggressive fan curve in Msi afterburner but whenever i use a title that gets me above 65 degrees i lose one of my monitors . Had this on previous gpu same pc so im really unsure what else is causing it . Thanks for the reply though

Would it be possible to swap 2 monitors (the one failing and another one)? Wouldn't solve the problem I guess but in a case like this every kind of added information can lead to a final solution (hopefully).

Yes true il try and maybe swap monitors round as i did try swapping them bybway of different outputs from the gpu before but this brought inconsistent results. Although that was some time ago il maybe look at a potential issue with the monitors . Although that still wouldn't explain why its only affected by high temperature.

The symptom is definitely not normal. The fact that it already happens on the 2nd GPU doesn't make things clearer. From here on EVERYTHING is possible:) Please report back what happened after swapping monitors.

Just a thought but the PSU could be at fault here. The issue could be manifesting as the power draw goes up rather than temps. Odd that only one monitor goes out though. Best of luck.

I have been on some other forums that suggested a potential issue with the psu .
I currently have a CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET installed.
I think its well worth me ordering a replacement and maybe upgrading to a 750w. Its a bummer as im currently about to buy some huesinkveld sprints so could do without this but it's got to be worth a try.

Update : swapped monitors and same issue but not unique to a specific monitor so dont think the problem is from my monitors. Will pursue the PSU as a potential issue.

Well upgraded the PSU to a corsair 1000 fully modular . Re applied thermal paste to cpu and same issue occured on yhe same monitor .
I was really fustrated as problem persisted but then last night after 30minutes with no issues and stable temps the same monitor just starts flashing on and off .
So turns out the monitor has now failed and it may have been down to a failing monitor all this time.

Update : swapped monitors and same issue but not unique to a specific monitor so dont think the problem is from my monitors. Will pursue the PSU as a potential issue.

It's strange that your previous testing, swapping the monitors, meant that the issue moved to a different monitor rather than stayed on the one that now appears faulty? God knows what's going on, but I hope it's under warranty so you can get it replaced.

Good luck

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back