Scott Speed, Global Rallycross and iRacing - New Video!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing GRC Scott Speed Preview b.jpg

Check out the new iRacing Global Rallycross Championship preview video, featuring multiple GRC champion and former Grand Prix driver Scott Speed!

Speed has an enviable career behind him with success in junior formula open wheelers, time in Formula One, NASCAR drives and of course three Global Rallycross Championship titles to his credit, the American with the perfect surname for a racing driver is perhaps one of the best placed professionals on the planet to take the upcoming iRacing rallycross car out for a spin.

The American takes to the Daytona Rallycross circuit in his VW Beetle GRC machine, the first of the new GRC content coming to iRacing from December 5th this year, giving us his insights into how to drive one of these beastly cars, and what iRacing players can expect to enjoy in just five short days...

You can check out the video for yourself below:
iRacing.com is an online racing simulation that features monthly subscription fees and additional paid content, exclusive to PC.

iRacing GRC Scott Speed Preview a.jpg
iRacing GRC Scott Speed Preview c.jpg
iRacing GRC Scott Speed Preview d.jpg

Check out the iRacing sub forum for more of the latest news and discussions regarding the massive multiplayer online service.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to Rallycross coming to iRacing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
yep, beetle is for free for all existing members, this is the oldie but goldie strategy of giving you at least one foot in the door in every scenario with the free cars you get when you first start iRacing. The other car available in a couple of days will be the fiesta.
i wonder if all owners of the current daytona track will get the rallyx track added for free or whether they will attach it to the already free 2007 version of the track, or whether it will be a standalone track, which i doubt.
i agree, codemasters will be the chaps challenged by this, really curious how iracing will measure up to either Dirt Rally or Dirt04, where the rallyx is decidedly better than the rally content.

When you re-new your iRacing membership do you automatically get back all the cars and tracks that had been purchased previously?
never tried this out myself but i've been told: yes, you do.
as far as i understand it, you never purchased them in the first place, but only leased them. contract expired when you left but picks up where you left when you join again.
im might be wrong, though.

Why always show iracing content when there is nothing in the downloads there is a massive iracing community such a pity there work is not shared here there is most likely 1000,s of amazing skins to be had :)

yep, beetle is for free for all existing members, this is the oldie but goldie strategy of giving you at least one foot in the door in every scenario with the free cars you get when you first start iRacing. The other car available in a couple of days will be the fiesta.
i wonder if all owners of the current daytona track will get the rallyx track added for free or whether they will attach it to the already free 2007 version of the track, or whether it will be a standalone track, which i doubt.
i agree, codemasters will be the chaps challenged by this, really curious how iracing will measure up to either Dirt Rally or Dirt04, where the rallyx is decidedly better than the rally content.
There will be 2 rallyx tracks in daytona. One will be on the daytona 2007 track which is free and available for all members.
And please, if you wanna be conceived as a simracer, don't even try to compare iRacing to Dirt 4. You just make a fool out of yourself.

Recently let my membership expire, but I will be renewing soon. The dirt track surfacing in iRacing is pretty nice with moisture and dry lines etc... I believe this will be very good
What???? you let it expire and didn't renew at the black friday deal? I just renewed early for 2 years for $119.25 (black friday deal combined with 100 credits for $75 offer)
That is less than $59.63 per year. And I earn $40 participation credits every year. So iRacing cost me $19.63 per year, which is $1.64 per month. And I put in at least 15 hours driving per week. Those who say iRacing is expensive either trolls or have nothing to do with simracing.

Last edited:
Rallyx coming to iRacing is great, but even greater is the introduction of Heat Races.
"Although each series does things a little differently, heat racing generally would work very similar to the way it works in the real world and includes some nice functional flexibility. Heat racing, for those not familiar, is short races leading up to the main feature race (A-Main) or the consolation race (B-Main). In iRacing, the mini-tournament would all be part of a single session and the whole thing might last for example 45 minutes. For official racing, it would still be part of an overall series."

What???? you let it expire and didn't renew at the black friday deal? I just renewed early for 2 years for $119.25 (black friday deal combined with 100 credits for $75 offer)
That is less than $59.63 per year. And I earn $40 participation credits every year. So iRacing cost me $19.63 per year, which is $1.64 per month. And I put in at least 15 hours driving per week. Those who say iRacing is expensive either trolls or have nothing to do with simracing.

It is expensive, but I have a class a road and class b oval, so I've put in plenty of time and money. $40 credits in a year is impressive! Still, at $15 a track and car, it adds up if you wish to advance through the licenses

Conrad Miller said:
"Those who say iRacing is expensive either trolls or have nothing to do with simracing."

Yep there's that holier than thou iRacing attitude that people can't stand. :rolleyes: You failed to mention how much you've spent on tracks and cars?

Most people can't race more than 15 hours a week, so participation and other credits don't help. iRacing's business model doesn't work for the majority. That's why their membership continues to decline and also why they continue to increase their fees.

If iRacing works for you that's fine, but don't be calling people names, or say they have nothing to do with simracing just because they disagree or feel that it's too expensive.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years