sciatica/leg numbness in seat

Hi all,
Looking for a bit of feedback and advice regarding problems I've been having with my race seat on my rig.
Currently I have a Cobra Sebring I was given and since I've had it I've found my left leg tend to go numb after about 20 mins,
This is my 3rd seat and it's not an issue I recall on previous ones.
What I'm after is any tips anyone has had after similar experiences and possibly things to look for in a replacement seat so I can get back to racing comfortably

I’d suggest it’s the height of the seat versus the pedals?
Yeah I'd been adjusting that but struggling to find the sweet spot which I don't remember finding as hard with previous seats.
I'll keep trying small changes though I do wonder if the seat lacks as much built in lumbar support. Looking at it vs a Sparco circuit the sparco has a pronounced curve in the lower section where the Cobra doesn't

Upvote 0
Yeah I'd been adjusting that but struggling to find the sweet spot which I don't remember finding as hard with previous seats.
I'll keep trying small changes though I do wonder if the seat lacks as much built in lumbar support. Looking at it vs a Sparco circuit the sparco has a pronounced curve in the lower section where the Cobra doesn't

Maybe you could try a small cushion for lumbar support, i have seen these as a "addon" for car seats.
You could try with a rolled towel first and if it helps look for other options.

if you are not averse to tinkering there are a lot of good car seats with lumbar support, sometimes its a bit of a pain to get them to fit on the simrig.
It would be easy without lumbar support because passenger seats normally are much less worn or broken when sold used.

I myself had an old Recaro Sportster CS in the basement from my old BMW, thats a luxury option.

It has lumbar support, heating/venting and cloth!! so i sweat a little less in the summer we have now.
I have a little powerunit for LED strips connected (12v, 6amps), its enough vor ventilating and adjusting the backrest, it won´t lift the seat with me in it.:rolleyes:

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%