Scam popup on this site with iOS

I've sent this to the website via Contact Us but thought I'd place it here also.

It just started today but I believe you have an issue with at least one of your avertisment providers that are causing a popup to appear randomly when I go onto your website using an iOS device (both my iPhone and iPad) saying:

Congratulations! Google User! You've been selected as a winner for the free Apple iPhone X 256 GB, Google Pixel 2 64GB or Samsung S8! Please click OK to claim your prize before we give it away to somebody else.

The website it redirects to is: eu.rewardcenteramazongiftcard.pw/uk_google_iphoneX/index.html?trackid= then a bunch of numbers

Nothing I can do my end works, deleting all website data, nothing, from what I've read online this is an issue server side with an advert provider, so if you could pass this on to them or somehow find and block this particular one causing this that would be great as I have no way of using your website most of the time otherwise.

I don't know yet if this happening because I'm logged in via my Google account and if so if this will occur on other sites via the same issue and advert providers but thought you guys need to know.

After a bit of testing without logging in with my Google account and had no pop up it does seem to be linked to that, is there any way to transfer a Google log in on this site to a standard one without losing data?

Last edited:
The cynic here would wonder whether nothing/little is being done because ad-free browsing is a benefit of Premium and this is just a method to get people to buy into premium...
Ad-blocking works on desktop for me, but I dont feel like going through the hassle of rooting my phone and installing ad-blocking on that just for this lone website.

You could easily solve your little earth shattering problems in one of two ways. 1, pay for a premium membership, it's dirt cheap. Or 2, go somewhere else and moan about ads.:rolleyes:

The curious here would wonder why so many of your posts denigrate RD and/or it's staff.

If that is your perception Kenny, you dont seem to be too observant :p

However, I will humor you with a response and end my comments on that with this one.

Perhaps it is tough to understand the angst if you havent been experiencing this issue... but others have... for the past ~8 months. In that time, this issue has been brought up my numerous people, and in this same time, nothing has been fixed.

Further, the official company line on this issue is that RD is not responsible or does not control the nefarious advertisements you may encounter on their site. So, to the cynical comment you quoted. I was discussing this topic on another forum seeing if others experienced this or had a solution, and another person brought that to my attention. I would have immediately dismissed the thought, but seeing as we are nearly 8 months later, and with the statement linked above... that does not exactly instill confidence that anything is or will be done.

To that end, at least @Neilski seems receptive this time around and hopefully a solution can be found soon.

You could easily solve your little earth shattering problems in one of two ways.

Nothing better to do than blame the people having the issues instead of holding the website supplying the malicious ads accountable?

Buying premium isnt suddenly going to mean that those malicious ads will go away... :rolleyes::poop:

Nothing better to do than blame the people having the issues instead of holding the website supplying the malicious ads accountable?

Buying premium isnt suddenly going to mean that those malicious ads will go away... :rolleyes::poop:
That's real funny. I don't have these so called ads when I am not a premium member and when I was, I never had them. My guess is you are bombarded with risky ads advertising all sorts because of your surfing habits. :rolleyes::poop:

You are repeating exactly what he is saying.

One of the benefits of premium, is that you dont get any ads. So when you are not logged into your account, you are fed with ads... which just so happen to be these highly malicious ones.

When you are logged into your premium account... you are not fed with any ads.

The cynic here would wonder whether nothing/little is being done because ad-free browsing is a benefit of Premium and this is just a method to get people to buy into premium...

Ad-blocking works on desktop for me, but I dont feel like going through the hassle of rooting my phone and installing ad-blocking on that just for this lone website.
This may digress, but you do not need to be rooted to be advert free. Checkout DNS66 (free) if on Android or many VPN's (paid) do this all without root access

Good lord the trolling at RD is terrible

I think many people here either dont realize, or simply ignore that RD as a website is all about hype, clickbait, and controversy...

RD uses a crappy Ad provider and apparently cant/wont do anything about it.
Some of your recent posts, although it does seem to be a new thing on your part.

If that is your perception Kenny, you dont seem to be too observant
I may have been a bit harsh but I've always known you to be helpful and knowledgeable but lately for whatever reason you seen to be taking sideswipes at RD.
I know how hard the staff work to make this a good place and it annoys me when I think we're being unfairly criticised.
Anyway I need to give myself a warning for dragging this thread off topic.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%