Scaling Textures

I'm actually starting to get the hang of how to make a track now; thanks to the help I've been getting from you guys! I now have a working road :) I have also created the ground on the inside and outside of the track, but ran into a problem when applying textures.. The textures are simply scaled to small:
Textures.jpg

How do I fix this? :)
Thanks!

You could add the scalefactor in your shd-material setup.
Code:
scale=0.5
But this is just a workaround, it makes more sense to add the correct uvws in your 3d app.

I'd love to do it in Zmodeler, but if I set the texture in Zmodeler; what am I suppose to put as 'layer0' then?
I have tried using 'scale' with different values, but I see no difference..
Code:
shader_grass2~vf_standard
{
  scale=100
  layer0
  {
      map=ground_grass001.tga
  }
}
and...
Code:
shader_grass2~vf_standard
{
  layer0
  {
      scale=100
      map=ground_grass001.tga
  }
}
Is this wrong?

If you can adjust something in your source, always go that route. The less you have to adjust later on the better, also different shaders have different uses for the 'scale' input function.

Getting the scale of textures right is something really basic you should be able to do in the software you are using. You wouldn't have to change anything in your track.shd file as only the uv coordinates of the objects which the material happens to be applied to, change. Both examples will not work, the first because a vf_standard doesn't do anything with the scale input if I'm correct, and if it does, it certainly doesn't use it in the way of the 2nd example.

Hopefully the following page will show you what you need to know to fix this quite easily :)
http://www.zmodeler2.com/docs/program/lessons/advanced/les1_uvmapping.html

If you can adjust something in your source, always go that route. The less you have to adjust later on the better, also different shaders have different uses for the 'scale' input function.

Getting the scale of textures right is something really basic you should be able to do in the software you are using. You wouldn't have to change anything in your track.shd file as only the uv coordinates of the objects which the material happens to be applied to, change. Both examples will not work, the first because a vf_standard doesn't do anything with the scale input if I'm correct, and if it does, it certainly doesn't use it in the way of the 2nd example.

Hopefully the following page will show you what you need to know to fix this quite easily :)
http://www.zmodeler2.com/docs/program/lessons/advanced/les1_uvmapping.html

Thanks for the link! I'll read that now :) One question remains though.. what am I suppose to put as 'layer0' then?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back