Scale Model Car's

I have just completed a model of a Tamiya Honda RA 272 F1 car after years away from model making, it went o.k with the usual one or two mishaps along the way. I thought i would post some pictures of the build. Also if anyone else is building anything at the moment they can post some pictures as i'm looking for my next model to build. Also any tips you can share would be good.

RpRzzGL.jpg

3mq210t.jpg

ZCBujYL.jpg

Qd0SrBK.jpg

u21EA4R.jpg

6TTu6WS.jpg

u68Hay1.jpg

it looks very nice, i would like to start doing some modeling, i used to have a store that sold cars and planes models, among other stuff for model trains ans RC cars, but it closed and i have nowhere that i know to get some adivce about that, but it's something that i migth do in a near future :thumbsup:

Nice build Paul :thumbsup:
I use to build model kits myself, had a heap of em, like you, I spent many hours doing them, I have some pics around somewhere of some of em, will dig them out and post them for all to see.

I used to favour "Revell kits" they are/were an American Co and produced some of the best kits you could buy, this was in the late 80's, I had all sorts of models from Prime movers to sprint cars, funny cars to classic 68 RS SS Camaro's, I still have some of them in a box in the shed, but they are in need of some serious repairs, the glue has lost it's stick, and the years of being moved about has broken some of the finer framed builds.

I used an airbrush to paint the components and body parts, I couldn't afford a hobby compressor, so I used 2 205x16inch landcruiser wheels with 80lbs pressure as air tanks to drive the airbrush, lol.

found those pics,

Ferrari Testarosa, one of my 1st builds completely brush painted.
FerrariTestarosa.jpg

FerrariTestarosamotor.jpg

Jungle Jim Funny car, 3 week build, airbrushed with Humbrol Electric Green Enamel. Then masked off to paint the red to orange enamel stripe.
JJSideon.jpg

JJbodyoff.jpg

And one of my favourites builds, NASCAR Camaro, this was a 5 week build, just the paint work took 3 wks, I even used a matt grey paint as a primer and sanded it with 2000 grit wet n dry sandpaper.....I was keen back then, lol.
CamaroSide.jpg

Camarohoodoff.jpg

There's a stack of detail painting in this kit, I went all out ;), here's a pic of the dash, excuse the dust, one day I'll get in with a small brush a clean it :whistling:
CamaroDash.jpg

One of these days I will drag my modeling gear out and get back into it, it's a very rewarding hobby, and a great way to relax too :D.

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 272 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 183 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 134 7.5%