Save The Nürburgring!

nuerburgring_nordschleife.jpg

Germany's Nürburgring is the world's automotive playground. A public park for gearheads. Sadly, it's been handed over to privateers who've put the entire 'Ring at risk. Michael Frison of 20832.com explains why we need to save the Nürburgring!

More...

I was having a rather good morning until I saw this. It's very rare that a post on the internet gets me properly angry, clenching my fists and gritting my teeth. But this takes the cake... what these guys have done should be punishable by law! Faking attendance numbers and searching people's houses when they speak out against it is just not on, nor is lying to the government about finances.

I hope that this piece of the world's history will be preserved, and not have its future squandered by a pair of bungling businessmen.

I think its very simple. What is the risk here? That the Nürburgring Company goes bankrupt? Lets say that happens. It's not very likely that the curators are selling the assets that include a 22 km long track that you can't relocate :)

Nurb will never leave :)

Owning a race track never pays off, thats what they will learn from this. They can't raise the ticket prizes during a F1 or DTM weekend as they have absolutely nothing to say at their own track when those circusses are coming over :thumb:

It's not necessarily that, Bram... it's the implications of a possible bankruptcy. If the track got a new owner, what would they do with it? Hopefully keep the track and its open nature the way it is, but we have no way of knowing.

If the track got a new owner, what would they do with it?

What they should do: let people drive laps on the Ring for a reasonable prize. If they really go bankrupt, the new owners will not pay the maximum price to acquire all the assets. So don't worry :)

Im not sure it will ever be left to close on a long term basis as its like the 'Pyramids in Egypt' of the Motor racing world. To much history to just allow it to dissapear.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back