Save lots of space on hard drive

Just delete all cars without numbers and racing decals as they are not race cars. They are just road cars and do not belong in a race game anyways.

Remember reading, cant recall the details but theres a clever way to compress of some kind, your tracks and cars folders. Compressed and still accessible without having to decompress.

"Delete all cars without numbers because they aint real race cars"?:laugh::laugh:

Beter ax um all! Oh wait theres a tiny 6 on it, I better keep it :laugh:
17imsa1nk00064_980.jpg

Ah, good way to spot a newbie. AC was never intended to be a racing game, nor was it ever a racing game. If you'd been around for longer than a year or two, you'd know that AC's focus was to be like Netkar, with just a few solid tracks and cars for driving purposes. AC has since degenerated into something else entirely, and tried somewhat to make racing. Apparently not very successfully.

AC isn't even suited for making race cars. You can't even simulate 95% of modern high performance dampers to begin with. One big change in ACC was allegedly allowing for more advanced simulation in these kinds of things: for race cars.

Well you saved a whopping 13gigs, well done. Even if you had a dirt cheap 1TB drive, you saved 130% of your drive space!

You must d/l hand over fist, free garbage cars from FB groups and other freebies with no numbers or decals. :D

Keep going! Delete all the Kunos DLC with no numbers too. Keep wiping!!
Lets us know when you have 30 cars left, glad you're sleeping well now.

Last edited:
Ah, good way to spot a newbie. AC was never intended to be a racing game, nor was it ever a racing game. If you'd been around for longer than a year or two, you'd know that AC's focus was to be like Netkar,

The idiocy cream rises to the top.
As a former driver in three different OW series and various other classes of cars and driving coaching in the US, your funny stuff. It must be why AC is never used - or to be like Nascar :D

A friend of mine that was the CART/ChampCar champion, and won the Indy 500 (but lost by the OW series war between CART and the pathetic IRL, and Tony George at the time) got called up a couple weeks ago to run the 12 hours of Bathurst.

I wonder why he uses Assetto Corsa and iRacing in a high end sim rig before heading over.
But, theres always nascar heat 3 he's missing out on :laugh:

Your right, AC ts not a "racing game". Its kinda, sorta, partially something more then that. Thanks for pointing that out.
Now grab your joypad and fire up Need for Speed 2 and bang that armcoe, Racer.

Just delete all cars without numbers and racing decals as they are not race cars. They are just road cars and do not belong in a race game anyways.

You know? You can Uninstall the entire game and free almost 40GB of stuff:whistling:

P.S. With Content Manager you can compress your gaga files without uncompress it and compress every time. With a clean installation of AC, you can half the space of the game, without deleting road card that, on AC, are a reallly pleasure to drive

Last edited:
As a former driver in three different OW series and various other classes of cars and driving coaching in the US, your funny stuff. It must be why AC is never used - or to be like Nascar :D

A friend of mine that was the CART/ChampCar champion, and won the Indy 500 (but lost by the OW series war between CART and the pathetic IRL, and Tony George at the time) got called up a couple weeks ago to run the 12 hours of Bathurst.

I wonder why he uses Assetto Corsa and iRacing in a high end sim rig before heading over.

Your right, AC ts not a "racing game". Its kinda, sorta, partially something more then that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Gee, for someone who slings around insults and pretends like he knows everything, you didn't seem to be around when the things I'm talking about were happening. Chances are I've been involved with AC longer than you have to begin with. I've even been modding AC physics for some 5 or so years, from the very beginning of the public release in fact, and some of my small suggestions for corrections even made it into the public branch of the game some years ago...

I guess I'm some kind of clueless gamepad racer, though. :laugh:

Completely irrelevant what your friend uses to train with when talking about "Was AC even intended to be a racing simulation?". Or are you implying that because your friend trains with AC (You didn't specify if he just drives laps or does 12 hour race, either), the things I said aren't true? Perhaps if this is what KS wanted all along and didn't tell anyone, I guess you're TECHNICALLY right.

I was arguing that "Saying roadcars do not belong in a sim that originally wasn't intended to be a competitive online class racing game is misguided", and you're calling me names for your argument. :roflmao:

EDIT:

Oh, and by the way, Netkar or http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/ is an older simulation by Kunos Simulazioni. I didn't mean "Nascar". Jesus christ...

I'm glad he's getting to go down there, it was a surprise for sure! He's so fun to watch. FTG.

I'd love to remove all unwanted cars and tracks as well, bu I know Steam will download them once again when next patch comes, and patches for AC still do come occasionally as we saw a few days ago.

To guys who used aforementioned compression feature by CM, do you know if it prevents the Steam from re-downloading stuff? I'm not sure how it would, but I'll ask anyway...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%