Save a Race.

Sorry so many games so many different ways, simplest method in race hit escape and the save feature is there
GRAB_004.jpg

In garage
GRAB_002.jpg

The button "Save" at the place mentioned by Andrew gives me the impression it's a Power&Glory 3 UI.

Even if mine is not the real original one, it has the same place as Kenny showed.... but there are maybe other ones.

Got the Manual thanks, I got the UI off Nogrip site. Ducfreak created it. When I press save to come out of cockpit I get to choose whether to finish game or restart. If I press finish all the results come up.
Will have a look and try tomorrow. Thank you very much for helping me.

If you still have a problem, Ducfreak's UI has been posted at RD in 2014
I don't know if he still visits RD now .... but you might ask some infos about this "Save" feature in this topic.

Maybe by chance he's still sometimes visiting RD ... or someone else using this UI might answer you with more precision.

here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr2-ui-mod-installer-version.4433/

I had a look at the readme.txt .... but found nor image nor info about this "Save" feature.

EDIT: still better ... as I was nearly sure it was included in a bigger Patch ... and it is the case.
Ducfreak's UI is included in the
GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch 9.6
you may find here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr2-10th-anniversary-patch.21415/

Ask there if necessary, sure GTR233 will help you if you still have a problem.

Last edited:
As we don't have the same UI ... I don't know why you cannot do it easily.
Do you know where I might have this UI of yours ...so I might have a look.

I also have a Steam GTR2 version I only rarely use except for some tests .... so I might test it there and maybe understand where the problem is for you.

Nothing to worry about, Paul .... it's working perfectly. ( as I have the 10th Anniversary installed on my Steam version.

Sure now that Andrew doesn't use the right system to save. ;)
That's the way to save an event in middle of it anywhere:

On track, press Esc ... you get then automatically a menu with different choices.
Among those choices ( as restart event, exit, etc ... ) you have the option "Save" ... that's the one to choose.
You get a message that it's saving ... when this message has disappeared ... you have to quit race and finish it with the button you already know.

To reenter the race ... when choosing an event, you get the choice to continue the one you saved.

In conclusion: you may save game at anytime on track or in the pitlane or even out of the track if you made a mistake :D. ( joke for the last of course ;) )

So, in conclusion ... to do the save at the right moment: don't forget to press "Esc" on track at a good place: begin of the longest straight or during a pitstop .... as when you will come back next time you wish to continue .... that's the place where the race will be continued and at the speed you were when you "Esc" and saved.

NB: For replay in case of using "Save", that's also working perfectly for the time you already raced ... but will be automatically replaced by another race on that track or the second part of your saved race when you reenter it.

NB2: between 2 sessions ( qualify - race for ex ) when you are in the setup pages ... you have this "Save" button also ... but only for use between 2 sessions.
During a race ... if you quit race ( wishing to save ) it will be considered as if you quitted the race.
Else said: Esc - Save -Quit ( right system ) .... Esc - Quit - Save ( wrong system except between 2 sessions of the same event ).

Last edited:
It should be very astonishing that a addon car or track might change base features, Paul ... :D I never experienced something similar for years and I have more than a lot of tracks and cars for GTR2.

We'll know more when Andrew will see our answers and will test .... I admit that those 2 Save possibilities might make problems or create confusion if you don't know which one to use and when to choose one of them. ;)

Just downloaded a new Steam GTR2 and I was in the BPR GT mod so have also deleted that. Will install latest 10th Anniversary patch.
On both ways I tried to save game pressed escape or quit and was taken right out of the race. Couldn't save as I was back to next race in Championship.
Thanks for the help and time your'e spending with this.

If you know how to make a video for this problem, we maybe might see what really happens or maybe where the mistake is.
If it is working for us .... it should be working for you :D.
But now we have another precision: Championship !!
In fact we were testing with a normal event and not a championship .... even though I already doubt there might be a difference.

News when I have time to make a quick test with a 2 rounds test championship ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 382 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%