F1 2012 Sauber - A nice gesture towards gamers

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
I know it's not highly technical info, but it's nice to see Sauber respond to a gamer's request for a Melbourne set up for their car.

I didn't find this, it was posted by Satine, a community manager over @ CM forums.

Gamers alert: Expert tip for the best setup in Australia, Albert Park!

Sergio's Race Engineer Marco Schüpbach has reacted to a gamer's request who experienced problems setting up the car for Albert Park in Codemasters' brand new F1 2012 game and put together some expert tips for the best setup. Follow his tips and let us know your best lap time!

Down force level 80-100% of the maximum, have a look at the other car’s top speeds (DRS on).
Soft suspension OK. If the game has no bumps implemented don’t worry and go stiff, better for aero. Ride height on the front as low as possible and start with the rear quite high, good for aero.

Not sure how the game reacts, but it is normally better to have an understeering car when you cannot feel all the feedback, if you have to correct all the time you’re slow. To reach that target, follow normal rules of balancing the car.

Traction is one of the most important things around albert park. An understeering car helps there.

Driving: don’t brake too late before the long straights as you need good exit speed. If you need to sacrifice something, then it’s the corner entry. The only corners where it makes sense to focus on the entry and carry a lot of speed are T11/12 and 13. In T11/12 the line is very important, don’t miss the 1st apex, and you can carry lots of speed there. And: T5 should be flat, otherwise something is wrong.

http://www.facebook.com/sauberf1team

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 317 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years