Saturday WEC club races Nordschleife&co Feb-May

WEC_Flyer.png

After the huge success of the last WEC race at the Nordschleife (click here) with more than 40 drivers on the grid the idea came up to build on this momentum and offer a series of club races with the same format, but now mixing it up with a few other tracks. The Nordschleife will be the main attraction, but will be presented in diffrent falvours. Between the Nordschleife races we will visit big and small tracks all over the globe. All races will feature the GT and Super Touring cars. On the Nordschleife we will also see the Cup class featuring small touring cars.
To keep the three Nordschleife races interesting we will use diffrent layouts, times of day and starting procedures.

1st Nordschleife race (sign-ups open):
In reference to the 12h of Bathurst last month this race will start in the early morning hours and we will race into the sunrise until the race ends around mid day. This race will feature a simple standing start.

2nd Nordschleife race:
In reference to the VLN series we will use the VLN setting, which will present the drivers with the autumn visuals of the track. Like in the VLN series the race will be held in the afternoon and finish before it will be dark.

3rd Nordschleife race:
In reference to the 24h race at the Nordschleife the race distance will be extended to 2.4 hours. Of course we will be using 24h layout again and as the original the race will start in the afternoon and we will race into the night. As the climax of the series this race will feature a rolling start with a full formation lap and three starting groups, which start in an intervall of 3 minutes.

Here is the full schedule (schedule or tracks can be changed, if necessary):
28.Feb 2015: 2 hours Nordschleife 24h layout (GT & Super Touring & Cup)
14.Mar 2015: 2 hours Sao Paulo (GT & Super Touring)
28.Mar 2015: 2 hours Pukekohe (GT & Super Touring)
11.Apr 2015: 2 hours Nordschleife VLN layout (GT & Super Trouring & Cup)
25.Apr 2015: 2 hours Austria or China (GT & Super Touring)
09.May 2015: 2.4 hours Nordschleife 24h layout (GT & Super Touring & Cup)

Here the available cars:
  • GT Class:
    • Nissan GTR GT1 (ISI with BOP)
    • Chevrolet Corvette GT2 (ISI with BOP)
    • Chevrolet Camaro GT3 (ISI with BOP)
    • Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 (Apex Modding)
    • BMW Z4 GT3 (Apex Modding)
    • Porsche 911 GT3 (Apex Modding)
    • Ferrari 458 GT3 (Apex Modding)
  • Super Touring Class:
    • BTCC Honda Civic NGTC (ISI)
    • BMW E90 WTCC (Slow Motion)
  • Cup Class (Nordschleife only):
    • Renault Clio Cup (ISI)
Suggestions for cars and tracks are always welcome.

Last edited:
What about a race at sebring? :)
I think a few guys including @Christian Michel would kill me :D Some of the tracks mentioned are not layed out for that many cars, so Silverstone and Sebring are always kind of a backup plan :)
Sebring was heavily used in the past. We had a 6 hour race in VSC2, a 4 hour race in another endurance league and in March there is a big 12h endurance race there as well. I hope people will enjoy the selected tracks. I did a few runs on both and especially Barbagallo is such a nice track in a GT car.

I think a few guys including @Christian Michel would kill me :D Some of the tracks mentioned are not layed out for that many cars, so Silverstone and Sebring are always kind of a backup plan :)
Sebring was heavily used in the past. We had a 6 hour race in VSC2, a 4 hour race in another endurance league and in March there is a big 12h endurance race there as well. I hope people will enjoy the selected tracks. I did a few runs on both and especially Barbagallo is such a nice track in a GT car.

12h?? When will it be?
Anyway, I'll partecipate at the more races I can! ;)

It's good to use some tracks that never get used.There are a lot of great tracks that seem to get looked past to much in favor of the old standbys.:geek:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%