RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Top quality close tin-top action :good:

Qualified 3rd, just 0.02 behind Keith in Pole.

Race 1 - Got off the line really well and led into the first corner, Keith and I nose to tail until lap 4 when we were a little too close and Keith tapped me wide at the Carousel allowing Abdul through into the lead. I pitted same time as Abdul and Yuri and came out in that order, although I seemed to lose a little time to both by spinning the wheels I think. Next lap Keith pits and in my eagerness to get through T1 ahead of him I run wide, handing Yuri 3rd. I follow behind, not really that close until lap 9 when I span off spectacularly at Madness after putting a wheel on the grass under braking. I span again a few corners later allowing Will through. This time it was worth it though, as I saw Michel barrel-roll it :D. Finished 6th.

Race 2 - started 3rd. Shock and indeed horror, another good start and when Kevin outbrakes himself at T2 I am through into the lead. Saw a bit of carnage behind so I put my foot down and tried to open a gap. This I did but Keith was back within 2 seconds by the time I pitted. He pitted a lap later and I came out 1.5 seconds ahead. And that gap stayed fairly the same till the end, aside from a moment entering Carousel on the final lap, did so well to hold that lol. Took the win ahead of Keith by .5

Thanks RD, Eric and Keith for the great races

I gotta get me that skin pack!!!!!!! Wish I could join you guys this week so that Team Gulf could place 1st and 2nd!!!! Abdul, we'll have to settle for just first for this week. Go get them buddy.

Told you I will. :)

It was amazing guys. Qualied 4/5.

Race 1: I had a brilliant start to take 3rd behind Keith and Ryan. If only I could record what I was seeing ahead of me. Those two were battling like there was no tomorrow. I stayed within reach when Keith and Ryan came together. Sneaked to 1st and stayed there until Rhys passed me when I was exiting the pits for my stop. Rhys hadnt pitted yet and I was being chased by the might Keith Barrack fast. Thankfully Rhys pitted 2 laps later. In the dying laps I was lapping Luis and wasnt sure he would let me by without hiccups. Thankfully he did.

Race 2: Started 8th with reverse order in effect. Again great start but I couldnt do more than stay where I was. I actually lost a position after turn 1. Few laps behind Kevin while Keith who managed to pass Kevin was chasing Ryan. Kevin pitted and that released me for some quick laps. I realised I wouldnt be able to catch Ryan and Keith, had to settle for 3rd which gave me the overall win. It was tie between me and Keith in points but since I won race 1 that counted for the overall win.

Thank you guys. Races were so clean, we might soon have to go "Green" with these cars. Speechless.

Thanks Eric, RD and all participants

ps: where did the imposter go?

Abdul

Just wanted to say I had an awesome time racing with all you guy's tonight and am looking forward to the next one!

Thanks for taking it easy on the new guy btw....lol. Oh and NO game freeze this time! :smile-big:

The 1st race went very bad for me right from the start and really couldn't make any ground. The 2nd how ever I didn't do to bad. Well for a new guy...lol

• Michel Salvador

yup awesome race guys

qual 2 th Oo

race 1 :bad start :( did 2 mistake few battle finsh 7 th

race 2 :good start t2 got bump lol car flip omg ...was last but it still was fun came back got some position alot challenge and great battle no worry it racing thing can happen :)but never give up and having fun with all :) finsh 9 th :)

what can i say more:) thx RD and ERIC AND KEITH for this great event :)

Mid-Ohio Madness.

This race weekend marked the debut of BigKevRacing's new car built for the upcoming ATCC.Driver Kevin Hopkins is reported to be very happy with the car, though is still coming to grips with the change to front wheel drive and it's different setups."I am still struggling a little with the rear end being a little loose,in part it is the way i am driving it and still finding the right setup" Qaul.At the second attempt manage to get into the top 10 in the dying minutes,just edging out Rhys Gardiner(Kiwi v Aussie again lol).Race 1 Made an ok start and by turn 2 was up to 8th behind Claudio.Had Yves all over the back of me until he outbraked himself going into turn 3.The next couple of laps a good battle between Claudio,myself and Will Marquez carried on,the 2 Honda's hounding the lone Alfa.I passed claudio under brakes at turn 3 then we ran side by side through Madness me in front going into thunder valley and the carousel.Here i lost the back end and i think we all had a bit of an off,i decided to pit.So did everyone else it seems,had a shocker of a pitstop by overshooting by pit,lost a lot of time.:damnit:Came out in 15th running side by side with William Yunck on lap 6 and we had a good battle for the next couple of laps:).lap 8 and we had caught up with John Sydenstricker(8th),tried to pass John before the crest going into Thunder Valley and just tapped him(sorry) ,John then pitted and William and i continued our huge battle.Last lap and William was really trying,he went wide at T1 and then finally slid of at T3.I then had a gap back to Rhys in 9th but just about lost it in the carousel,just hanging onto 8th and pole for race 2.Race 2 Pole for race 2 and i make a good start going through T1 in the lead but outbrake myself trying to cover for T2 and Ryan sneaks through into the lead.I look into my mirror to see where everyone is and see Michel Salvador go flying upside down off the track.Put my head down and off after Ryan.Lap 2 and it's Ryan...gap, me,Will,Keith and Abdul,Will goes wide at T2 letting Keith through.So i have young Barrick to contend with.The pressure gets to me and i run wide over the crest going into Thunder valley and we run side by side up to the carousel,keith getting past.As Keith disappears its ,me ,Will and Abdul,Abdul passing Will at T3 when Will runs wide.Now it is Abduls turn to attack me.Lap 4 going into T2 Abdul gives me a little tap under brakes and i go into a half spin(good thing about fwd,just mash the loud pedal).Will passes Abdul and they go side by side down the back straight,Abdul gets his place back.I loose the backend (again) going over the crest and Abdul catches me going into the carousel.I pit as does Will and we leave together 18th and 19th(WILL).We catch up to Claudio(lap 6) and run line astern for the next couple of laps until Claudio pits putting me into 7th.Will is right there waiting to pounce,lap 8 and i'm in 4th.Will gives me a little tap in the carousel and i get a bit of a tankslapper on as i gas it up trying to stay straight.I look in the mirror and Will is on the grass(pc frozen)(bad luck was enjoying our battle).lap 9 4th and lonely, drive smooth to the finish for 4th and 6th overall for the weekend.Best result so far,thanks for the great racing today guys,i had a blast.Thanks to Eric and Keith...looking fwd to the next meeting .cheers kev.

The f1 race my have been a borefest but the minis round this track was a different story!

Qualified 15th I think. Got off the line really well and got up to 12th but was swamped on both sides in the first couple corners and was down to 16th again. First stint was really good fun with lots of battles and close racing, especially with Ivo, Richard and David.

I was one-stopping, think some were on two cause I wound up in about 10th after things settled out. At this stage I found some speed and set my fastest lap, faster than my qualifying time, which is always annoying, lol. It helped me close in and put in a couple of overtakes and for the last half hour settled in to close on Ivo in 7th. Made it with a lap or two to go, was a good scrap, got a run down the back straight he covered the inside and I made the schoolboy error of trying to go round outside, that's where my talent ran out and I ran wide.

Good track choice, cheers all.

• Bert Van Waes

Ok put me up in this one Yves. since my pc was death i couldn't feed the addiction anymore. If it"s ok i let it all back loose for the first in this event here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back