RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Some really good racing with Mike, Ivo, Richard B & Ben :good: Until I lost it and then had to pit :becky:

Had a long battles with Andrew, Richard P and Nuno. Mainly with Andrew and Richard in the end.

2 pit strategy worked well for me :nod:

Did some laps today and notice with my XD tool that i lost per round 1 maybe 2 percent engine point. And if i take the engine brake while normal braking after the long straight i lose 5 percent.
The problem is this indication starts from the pits not ever with 100 %, sometimes only around 69%, no idea why.
So is it seriously or nonsense, because water and oil was normal under 90°C ?

This endurance race as many fine STL "adversaries" in here... people taking the weekend off the leagues to do a 4hrs race, raw... :D

Will try to be short and empirical as possible...

When you exit the pit garage and XD shows you 69% (your case), this 69% is now your new 100%.
So the engine life will look to you to be going away slower, but in truce 1% loss will now be about 1.5% when compared with starting at 100%. I've had races where the engine counter started at 10%, now every 1% is in truce 10% of engine less... anyway, when it goes to 0%, no engine :wink2:

Also in this % it is everything included… engine, aerodynamic decay (small bumps) and I suspect car weigh too. So some % loses will not mean a speed loss, but others will... a small bump cost me 3 km/h top for instance (aerodynamic decay).

If you are losing 2% engine/lap, you won't make it to the end at that rate... change your setup, drive more relaxed.

The "overdrive" solution pointed here isn't absolutely needed, but it helps with fuel consumption. What you can't be doing for sure is going down the straights on the rpm limiter (unless it is set low)... :wink2:

Evo as a variable that counts rpm x time... when a certain limit is overtaken, the possibility of n engine failure goes up very much.
So in short, from sprint races (STL) you are used to lose your engine due to high temperatures or very, very aggressive downshift. Here, everything will be true also, plus the variable talked above. (For engine management to be a "true" variable in STL, the races would have to take about 2hrs.)

In short it is like in real live, same engine, built with same materials, one has an hp/l higher than the other (one lowered the engine head for instances, or uses a more powerful fuel or whatever), it is very easy to "guess" wish one will break first.. there are no engineering miracles :wink2:

Great track choice. :good:

Had not a very fast Q, 14th.

At the start i got some places and also lost some.
After that a very nice train with David, Nisse, Bjorn, Ben and some more people. Very close and clean racing. Very cool. To bad a screwed up my tyres because of the heavy fighting. So needed to pit a couple of laps sooner

After the pitstop a 12 lap battle with Mtommi. 12 laps within a second all the time. In lap 25 he got finally but i took my place back a couple of corners later. And then Mtommi needed to pits. So our great battle ended. Thanks Mtommi for some great racing. :)

After that Ben was closing the 13 second gap. And in the last 3 laps there was some cool fighting with smashed up tyres. :D. But managed to stay 7th and keep Ben behind me. but it was very close. Your attempt to overtake on the outside was epic. :D. Thanks for the battle. :)

So after a long being away from Mini friday. I am glad to be back, and i remember again why there is always a full grid. Because of some one of a kind racing. :)

Thanks David for setting it up, and see you guys next time. :)

thicon_clap.gif

Great track Dave.

Quali P7 2.5 secs off the pace, you guys up front were blindly quick.

Race started well and lots of action on the first lap. Once it had settled down I had some V.nice racing with Dan and Rob, nice clean and close as usual fellas :good: after Dan got his puncture it left me and Rob fighting all the way until the 1st pitstop. Rob went in before me so I decided to have another couple of laps, which was enough to get me back out just behind Mike but in front of Rob. It pretty much stayed like that till the end with Rob closing all the time. Finished P5 which I am well happy with :messed:

Cheers to Mike for the set up, Dan and Rob for the great racing and Dave for a great track choice :good:

Carousel

Thanks Rhys & Eric, it has helped (if and when I can get it down right <G>)... Hopefully I can get it down to every other lap -- currently it's about 1 out of 4 ....

as per the Madness --- you can almost always get by going over the curbs if you are not on the power, but it is fun to roll the car once and a while (as long as it's a "closed" practice session).

Hi, Keith, and i have a similar problem: I´ve downloaded ATCC skinpack, it is correctly installed, i can see the cars and drive them offline, but when i choose one of the skin pack car to practice, for instance at Mid-Ohio online, it appears the minidump message, and the game crashes. Can you, or someone help me?. Thanks a lot.

Official race server with the weather just went up!!

On another note, I am really sorry guys for not giving this event as much attention as I did to some of the previous ones. With all the leagues going on and the MMG F1 testing I got a little overwhelmed :(

• Michel Salvador

Official race server with the weather just went up!!

On another note, I am really sorry guys for not giving this event as much attention as I did to some of the previous ones. With all the leagues going on and the MMG F1 testing I got a little overwhelmed :(

it all good eric even do I i dint practice much since league started and f1 and other etc.... idk i mite cruise 2moro in race lol and safe engine% ahah

Well, downloaded the car and installed as instructed but still when trying to join the practice session the car class states 'unknown' and the SEAT Toledo doesn't appear in the cars list (instead I see a 'unknown'). But if I go to the STCC class and play a practice session locally I can see and select the Toledo. Strange mmmh.

My questions is if this car will be included in tonight's race session?

Thanks.

Sorry couldn't solve the 'unknown' car class issue, so won't be able to participate. Good luck to all and have fun!

First off, sorry Kevin for those taps that got you off line a few times. Miscalculated those turns and didn't allow for your braking points. Was not intentional. :) Was alot of fun battling with you during race two. Once again sorry mate.

Placed 5th in first race. Was battling Kevin for 4th place (race 2), and into the final chicane with 4 laps to go and my screen froze had to take a DNF for the race. Bad luck I guess.

It was alot of fun once again racing with you guys.

Thanks to RD, Eric and Keith for setting up the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back