RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

My first win!! Woohoo
Sad to see so many drop out, but this track leaves a mark.
Had a couple of spins, but got away with just suspention damage.

I think this track is really fun! Before race I was driving behind someone that got clocked by some car flying over the grass from the fase chicane. BLAM! Hope to find a replay!
GR all!

Worst Night Ever.

First of all, my sincere apologies to the guy I hit at the top of the hill on lap 1. This was Manuel Garcia, I am so sorry mate. Everyone slowed a little more than I expected, and it was only a little nudge, but enough to wreck your race :(
I did wait, but I guess you were badly damaged and couldn't continue.

After that, it just got worse, in 3 laps I fell off the track 4 times, finally heading into the water after pushing too hard on the final corner. I could see the leaders coming round behind me, so I gave up to avoid ruining anyone else's race.

Yesterday was a bad day all through, capped by this awful driving on my part.

Can't believe I did 1:33.8 and only qualified 7th, Gregs 1:32.9 was insane!! Lost a place off the start and settled in behind Nigel in 8th, after 5 or 6 laps I found myself 4th still behind Nigel after a few people had went off track, then through the fast chicane Nigel lost it and went off to the left, 3rd!!! :cheer2: round the left at the bottom of the hill and I met Nigel again but this time he was just a passenger and thumped into the side of me off the grass :bump2: this put me back to 11th :rolleyes:, well from there on I performed many acrobatic moves including flips and rolls but managed to last 50mins before the roll of death!! great racing and a great track, another brilliant choice by Andrew ( if only I'd known about that carwash) thanks to RD for setting this up, see you all next week. :thumb:

i m driving the track again this mornign , cause i want to figure out where i lose that huge gap of time .. i can imagine i loose a sec or 3 , but 5 to 6 seconds is to much... i cant figure it out though .

so i want to ask will somebody plz up a lap log for motec for me , so i can compare ...

a lap of 1.34 or something

My Race in Pictures (Server 1)

Was replaying the amusement of last night's race and took a few action pics ... thought I would post them for your viewing pleasure ... :thumb:

1. Michael and I side by side all the way down the hill on lap 1!
2. Nigel sliding back on track in front of me and David (got a cutting warning for this for taking to the grass to avoid a collision :lol:)
3. Andrew showing off his Italian job techniques :p
4. Me, Michael and Ben, final set of corners
5. Hunting down Simon shortly before me pitting and Simon going on to glory
6. Out braking Nigel at top of hill (or did you let me have that?)
7. Neil, Nigel and I hoofing it up the hill moments before our last lap shenanigans ...

Great fun ... thanx all :thumb:

Attachments

• side by side into chicane.jpg
    side by side into chicane.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 189
  • Cutting warning.jpg
    Cutting warning.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Andrew's Italian Job Antics.jpg
    Andrew's Italian Job Antics.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 189
  • up close and personal.jpg
    up close and personal.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Simon hunting.jpg
    Simon hunting.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 188
  • round the outside.jpg
    round the outside.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 183
  • throttling off last lap.jpg
    throttling off last lap.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 191
i m driving the track again this mornign , cause i want to figure out where i lose that huge gap of time .. i can imagine i loose a sec or 3 , but 5 to 6 seconds is to much... i cant figure it out though .

so i want to ask will somebody plz up a lap log for motec for me , so i can compare ...

a lap of 1.34 or something
I gained lots of time 2 seconds on one lap by being smoother on the brakes. Gentle on, then gentle off.

Server 2

Having never done consistant 35's, I wasn't really hopeful of anything good. And, as I'd made a complete horlicks of pitting, in the last hour race, I thought it'd be good practice to run around n possibly complete a pitstop... Luckily, the practiced attempts, were retained in the pitstop menu.. gave me time to farf at my own leisure, during the race.

Qualified 3rd with a 34.2 on light fuel... I was sure I'd drop like a stone once race started.

Got a reasonable start, lost a position, but only cause I backed out n allowed Roy the room. When we got to the middle of Charlies, he was sliding ever wider.. n eventually I was moving back past. The same happened for Marty (who was in the lead), handing me 2nd. And Pierre, giving me 1st, at differing parts of the track.
Running out front, I was not only doing 35's, I was doing mid 34's.. I dunno if the fastest lap lasted to the end, but a couple of times I got the flash for fastest lap, 34.4's both.
Now I was thinking about that stop.. chose to change just fronts... (I was to find out, just how stupid that was)..
I came in, with a reduced lead, I was overly cautious on my inlap. Still with over 10 secs, I thought with fresh rubber I could get back... lol.
The stop went without a hitch (Oh no, somethings sure to happen now) It did, I tried to leave in too high a gear... I thought the engine had switched off. I was trying to revive it, but reaaly I was switching it off... lol. Another messed up stop...
I saw someone had stopped behind me, we left pits together I was now in 3rd. As I'd started 3rd, I thought this was a reasonable place to finish. Got to the Gooseneck, with those truelly dodgy rears (that I hadn't even thought about) found myself in an almighty tankslapper... that threw me off to the right and rolling down the hill between the two sections of track... praying I didn't end up in someones path...
I got away with it, eventually rejoined in 6th or 7th... I knew those rears were not gonna grip worth a chuff from then on though... I rolled it again, down the left side a few laps later. And, pirouetted exiting, a couple of laps after that...
So, I count myself extremely lucky to finish at all... that I finished 4th is truelly astounding... lol.

Thankyou gents, for a great evening. Please sir, can I have some more???...

Oh, while I'm here. The incident in Hall Bends, while I was in the lead, I missed all three cars... More good luck, than good judgement... lol.

nice screen shots Lee :cool:

practice went well, i manged to get decent lap times with full tank.

qualified 8th with a 1:34.0, almost made the 33`s but kept loosing time in the mountain section. also had a problem with game lag which even a re-boot and drop in graphics settings didn`t help :(

race started well made a few places with people going off at "That Chicane", then a few laps in i went wide at same corner lost rear and collected David. rejoined around 11th but was struggling to run with other cars due to the dam lag. then on lap 11 i lost it at "That Chicane" when i stopped i was on the other side of the track so i rejoined across the grass but unlike all the other times i did this i got a dam S&G, i came in next lap but hit the postpone S&G by mistake so had to come in next lap also.
still with 2 3rds of the race left and almost a lap down i finaly got into to a good rythem. and was closing in on the cars infront.
then a couple pitted and i was in 6th and closing on Neil at around 2 secs a lap and after several laps he was in my view as i rounded T2, getting to exited i ran wide and went of to the inside slamming into the barrier head first and deposited my bummer almost on the other side of the track doh.
lossing a shed load of time i soon had Lee on my tail, although the front end was a wreck it still handeld ok, but was loosing topend speed and around 1sec a lap.
still catching Neil i was hoping to get past him before Lee got me, but my poor old mini was struggling up the hill to T4 and he almost got past on the outside, but next lap he tried the same pass and got by.
he soon pulled a gap, but got held up by Neil and his knacked boots, so i was able to close back in.
then on the last lap Lee touched Neil in T2 which put him slightly side ways and i couldn`t avoid the contact putting us both of and leaving Neil in peace.

overall i can`t believe how quick the race went you certainly don`t get chance to get bored on this track. after having 3 big off`s 2 unscheduled pitstops i`am amazed i finished 5th.
am gutted about the game lag i had just installed some windows updates and after the race i noticed windows firewall was asking if i wanted to allow steam/race access, so i think that was the culprit as i haddent had this before.

great stuff, see you all next Friday :thumb:

LOL lee tha was awsome at the zigzag of lap 1 :) never throug you can go there two wide :) i thing we not even swaped color there

Yeah ... we were side by side all the way from the top to the bottom of the the hill, and no paint was traded ... Gheil oder? :thumb:
I know I personally had to back off the throttle several times and do some fancy shifting in order to ensure that we both stayed on track (esp tricky with David so close in front, and Laurance so close behind), but it was a most gratifying feeling to know things were in control enough to do this :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%