• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Saturday June 27th - Nordschleife 500K

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, May 25, 2009.

1. 500km of the old Nurburgring (Nordschleife , 24laps)

56.5%
  2. 500km of Watkins Glen (GP version, no chicane, 93laps)

32.6%
  3. I will race at either

10.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +62
    Big thanks to Eric & RD for all your work organizing this event :hug-right:

As my only real experience of enduro raceing is the friday night 80min Mini races, i new this was going to be bloody hard, mainly due to my crappy chair :sad:

practice: my pb in the dry with full tank was 7:10 so i was happy doing 7:20 on the damp track, but just after 1 lap of official practice the adrenaline was pumping that fast i thought my heart would explode :nailbiting:

quali: i wanted to start at the back so sat out quali

race: still with a belly full of butterflys and starting in 19 and with a couple of pro cars behind i was happy to let them by. after a few mins and the field had spread a little i put my foot down a bit, i caught Knut and i planned to out brake him at the castle but he braked a 2nd time at Klosteral and i couldnt avoid a slight bump, which put him off track as i slowed to let him past he said "sorry" in chat so i carried on presuming he made a mistake and it was a racing incident :)
    after that i just tried to make no mistakes and surprisingly i didnt make to many, both pit stops went ok but after the 2nd stop i was getting tired and my poor old back was suffering, so i started short shifting to preserve my engine and was surprised to finish 8th and 3rd in class :good:

who fancy's doing Machwerk next :th_wink:

2. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    maniac:rotfl:

3. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954
    I never saw a mod for this track, i don't think there is one.
    My money is on Road America. :wink2:

4. Stefan Werner

Stefan Werner

Ratings:
    +23
    That's not the one I tend to miss. :p

5. Jason Pitts

Jason Pitts

Ratings:
    +2
    If the next track has to be a US track, I would vote for Watkins Glen, or Laguna Seca if it is long enough. I could also enjoy Road America, but Watkins Glen is definitely my first choice.

You are right Joao, my setup was with an 8 wing for stability in the rain. I look forward to trying yours. Thanks!

6. Jason Pitts

Jason Pitts

Ratings:
    +2
    I agree with you both.

7. João Andias

João Andias

Ratings:
    +0

I'm with this bet too... or W. Glen, we never know.

Although I too recognize that there is no way around Le Mans 77, sooner or later we will do it... and no, no 21 century chicanes version please, I want to fly at will, so 77 will do fine :wink2:

The reason why in my opinion La Mans 77 is more "mortal" than the Nordschleife (also the Nord has more driving skill in it) it's because the Porsche S's and the lack of room for error (instant engine kill) on the following turns after these S's... even the first hard S (Tertre Rouge) is somewhat a no error zone.​

8. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    totaly right there Joao the 77 version is the best the chicanes just destroy that great track
    with the right car you break 400 kmh easy shame evo dont have lmp1 cars

9. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Ratings:
    +219
    I know which tracks will be Polled But i wont and Cant say. so :no: Asking me. :)

10. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    You were saying?.......

:coffee2:

11. Jason Pitts

Jason Pitts

Ratings:
    +2
    I forgot to say a couple of things:

I was impressed with the turn out. I think there was only one no show - that's not bad. Also, it would be nice if people would refrain from using chat during the race. I find it very distracting when someone says thank you to one driver in a chat message that is broadcast to the entire field. Maybe a flashing of the lights afterwards would suffice?

Overall, still a great time!

12. Jason Pitts

Jason Pitts

Ratings:
    +2
    Two hours would be nice this time too. Three hours is a real killer. :)

13. Aritan Maia

Aritan Maia

Ratings:
    +2
    Thx to Eric for calling everyones names the week before. :D

14. Stefan Werner

Stefan Werner

Ratings:
    +23
    You are such a tease! :p

I agree that we won't get around doing a round at Le Mans, sooner or later. Also, Watkins Glen is a fair bet for the next event, as it was already a possible for this one. Laguna is to short for a enduro. Fun track though.

On another note, Eric, if you need any help getting things setup for the next round, let me know. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. :)

15. João Andias

João Andias

Ratings:
    +0
    The setup is up... it's the only one with my name as the author :wink2:
    (the 27_20 is the air/track temperature)

16. Robert Firicano

Robert Firicano

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the information, but something still doesn't add up. I know a bumped a couple of times, but there were no warnings of any damage, nor did anything appear out of the ordinary, but for some reason I was losing at least 10mph going down the straights. Also, Anything above 3rd gear was not pulling as much as it used to. Maybe there was some engine damage, or transmission damage, not entirely sure.

The only thing I do know is that one XD listed engine as 68% things got worse.

17. João Andias

João Andias

Ratings:
    +0

So you started with 70%... let's do some simple linear math here.

This 70% are your 100% engine health now, you went to 68%, this equals to about 3% engine power lose... it really doesn’t sound much (I lost about 2% all race), are you sure of these numbers (70% at start and 68% and the car really is lacking power)?. If yes most of your performance lose came from aerodynamics.

Anyway, Evo (its game engine) accounts aerodynamic damage (every bump you give, be it a car or wall), so in a track like the Nordschleife, where top speed is important (above all in race) you need good aerodynamics and a healthy engine as top speed needs both good aerodynamics and high hp.

On contrary, if this was Valencia in a sprint race, with a very short gear ratio and high rpm available... Ok, bump away, no big problem (from a point of view); again, if it is Nord's, there is a big difference, you lose allot of speed going up the power-hill

18. David Zafiu

David Zafiu

Ratings:
    +6
    Everybody show but we need a spot for Eric to broadcast.Forgot?

19. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    i had my car setup to reach maxspeed at the entrance schwedenkreuz and for the Bergwerk-Kesselchen-Klostertal section for that i srewed a few km/h on the Döttingerhöhe
    but you make more time on the other parts as you loose on the long strait :)
    and coming up the powerhill in a GTS with 250 Km/h thats aint bad ;)
    but the realy most important part of the track is the Bergwerk corner every KM/h you are faster there gives you more topspeed at the end of the Powerhill for all the rest just find a comfortable line and you will be good

20. Jason Pitts

Jason Pitts

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks João. For some reason, I can't see any online files right now. I keeps saying "Connecting". I'll try again later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.