• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Saturday June 27th - Nordschleife 500K

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, May 25, 2009.

1. 500km of the old Nurburgring (Nordschleife , 24laps)

56.5%
  2. 500km of Watkins Glen (GP version, no chicane, 93laps)

32.6%
  3. I will race at either

10.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuno Areias

Nuno Areias

Ratings:
    +0
    hi

sing me up please GTpro

skin later:skywalker:

2. Stefan Werner

Stefan Werner

Ratings:
    +23
    Am I the only one willingly taking a slower car. lol

3. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Dont worry... we are going to run out of GT-Pros soon... :)

4. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    This will rock so good! Won't hurt my hands on this stupid pad too much either - less repetition and slow corners than other tracks (which is what gets me).

5. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Yes, however I will remove his vote until he actually post up on here.

6. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Ratings:
    +219
    I picked Nords Because of Endurance & Concentration needed. :D Even though i would be faster at Watkins Glen.

7. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Anyone who picks Watkins Glen deserves a poke in the eye :D

Make that two pokes..... in both eyes.... muahahaha.

8. Stefan Werner

Stefan Werner

Ratings:
    +23
    I haven't raced at Watkins Glen since the days of GT Legends. I know the ring by heart, which is why I picked it. :)

9. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Ratings:
    +219
    Eric If we Run Nords will there be GP track we have to use aswell or just the Nords Loop?

10. Stefan Werner

Stefan Werner

Ratings:
    +23
    The VLN layout, which includes the short version of the GP track would be better for quali, as you don't have to do a complete lap to start your hot lap. Also, it's pretty much been established as the standard layout for endurance races at the ring. :)

11. James Yates

James Yates

Ratings:
    +5
    While i hate the fact i have to run my textures on low/medium on the Nords to stop having a runtime error i just have to join! Wouldn't mind Watkins Glen either, but i'm pretty sure which track will win.

No GT Club?

If we cant run GT Club, MC12 please :)

12. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Vote then? :)

Isn't the DBRS9 the GT Club version? Or am I going nuts? :)

13. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    But it is also 4 KM longer. Right now I am only thinking about the Nordschleife version which is 20.8km long (vs. The ring being a 24.4km long).

Are we talking about the same thing? :rotfl:

14. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Nope just 2 classes this time around. So you need to be more precise since I dont know all my cars:) Which class is the MC12 in?

And yes, vote on the track.

15. James Yates

James Yates

Ratings:
    +5
    MC12 is GT Pro :)

16. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    GTR Evo doesn't have the layout Stefan is talking about, it only has the long version of the GP track + Nords. Which is annoying, because the VLN version is sooooo much better.

I'm surprised someone hasn't modded it actually. Can't take much to chop that bit out and add a small hairpin.....

Everything is very well organised and clear Mr Eric. Good work :)

17. James Yates

James Yates

Ratings:
    +5
    Does seem a little weird that they didn't put that layout in. Wonder if we could get a eeevans modded special? :wink2:

18. Stefan Werner

Stefan Werner

Ratings:
    +23
    Actually, the Endurance layout is correct. The only way to shorten it more would be to run the old F1 chicane at T1 instead of the u-turn and loop. :)

Eric, despite the 4 km more per lap, I think the endurance layout would be the way to go. Could always reduce the race by a lap or two to compensate for the extra time. Doing a complete lap of nearly 7-10 mins (guessing) before starting a hot lap can be rather annoying. Some might not even make it all the way around on there out lap without crashing. lol. Either way, I will happily do my laps. :)

19. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    No, you put the hairpin in after the first set of turns :). Hairpin right onto the track, cutting out 4 corners :)

I'm sure Eric could set qualifying to 'htolap' so that we start from speed. Or just allow people to turn around the wrong way oput of the pits and do the lap that way.

No need to drag the Nurburgring's bastard offspring into it :D

20. Stefan Werner

Stefan Werner

Ratings:
    +23
    The hairpin is placed just before T5 of the GP track. There is no place else to do it, unless you want to run track through a wall and the solid rock grandstand along the back straight. :D The pic below is of T3.

Simbin got the endurance layout right.

The second pic is of T1. You can see the chicane I meant off going off to the right, which speeds things up and cuts out three corners. No clue if they still use this in F1, as I haven't followed F1 in years.

Edit: Found a nice little illustration, which shows the alternate routes of the GP circuit. Probably makes things a bit clearer than my poor attempt of explaining it. :)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.