RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

--> Dietmar ... I tested the cats before that event as I wanted to race but was not able to... and you will be glad to hear that the mini's are indeed far easier to handle down "that" final hill than the Cat's were (FWD versus RWD)- although lifting off the throttle tends to get the back end wanting to overtake the front :eek:
I did notice too that I could not keep the tyres warm, in the 5 or so laps that I did, the temps always tailed off to around 60-ish by the end of lap 1, and rarely did I make it round to lap 3 :D

Hi, Simon: i´m writing to you, because i have a doubt about the hours of the event: i live in Lisbon, Portugal.Practice starts at 18h00 for sprint and 20h00 for feature practices. What time would be in Lisbon: UK plus 1 hour or CET plus 2 hours? Thanks a lot for the answer.

Portugal is in the same time zone as the UK I believe. So add 1 hour to the times, ideally you need to turn up at some point during practice 2. Practice 1 is just because I can't specify 18:30GMT as the start time in the thread title.

Thanks Eric. This should be a fun one. Keith, you up for practice on this track? I'd like your advice. I've gotta find 2 seconds and I know where I'm losing it. I just can't seem to make it happen. I think my petal is broken and am currently considering getting the G25 OR a 2nd Logitec MOMO.

I would like to believe that it's my petals that are keeping me from driving that little bit faster but I'm not sure. After I'm done breaking, I usually like to "crack" the throttle (get back on the throttle just a little) for stability in a turn and apparently, these petals aren't allowing this because they don't even begin to register until I've depressed the throttle at least 1/3 of the way.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

In my opinion, this cars are still the most fun out them all. Great on pretty much any track. Thanks Yves for putting this on.

Race 1: (6th)

After an OK start I got bumped from behind in T3 sending me left rear into barrier leaving me with suspension damage. On the bright side though, the barrier saved me from spinning and I was able to carry on with out losing any real ground. About half way around lap 1 or 2 I gave some one a little push from behind causing him to miss his breaking point and stop in the run off area that some of the corners had. I pulled over to the inside behind the corner and saw what look like Yves flying through the air into barried and all sorts of chaos ensued all around me. Now there were at least 4 or 5 BMW's sitting there waiting on each other. I was sure whom I had hit earlier, so I waited on everyone to start rolling again and rejoined the field all the way down in 21st. I was now pushing hard in the hopes of a possible top 10 finish. Had a lot of fun coming back up through the field and eventually finished in 6th, much to my surprise.

Race 2: (4th)

Started in from 3rd, but bogged it off the line quite badly and instantly lost 4 positions. This time all sorts of crazyness was happening all around me coming into T3 for the first time. I saw a massive crash behind me in my rear view and also someone had run straight on in front of me. By the time I had cleared T4, I was back in 4th and hunting down the front runners. I soon passed Ivo and Sebastian for 2nd. I did well to stay with Daniel on Lap 2, but Lap 3 was a very poor lap for me and I lost about 2 seconds to Daniel and Sebastian was back on my tail. Lap 4 and 5 saw me slowy eating away at Daniel's lead bringing it down from 2.5 to about 1.8 seconds. For some reason I kept down shifting way to hard into first coming into the sharp left hander leading onto the back straight. The rear broke out and I managed to straighten the car out just in time to go straight into the barrier. Doh! I was now without a front bumper and my lap times dropped from mid to low 1:49's to high 1:52's. Peter caught up to me soon after and I tried everything I could to defend my line. He clearly had the faster car and he eventually passed me between T2 and 3. I knew he would get me here as I could not carry a lot of speed through T1. Much like Rossi knew he had to stay in front of Stoner at Laguna last year, I knew my only chance was to come straight back. Unfortunately 2 wide into T3 just isn't gonna happen and Peter hit the barrier. I waited for Peter to rejoin and that was it. Once he was a head, there was no way for me to stay with him. It certainly was a fun battle though which lasted for a good 6 laps or so. I eventually finished in 4th, which was decent considering the damage to my car. I really felt I could have stuck it out with the leaders though. Maybe next time. :)

Yves vid saves me the bother of reporting the opening of the race,i was the silver car from 5th start,i thought you would have Thommo's GPL Cat skins pack Yves so my Jim Clark skin would be seen :(.
The second half of the race was very much like Watkins last week where i tried and failed to make a break from Yves and as tyres went away he was ready to pounce,i offered him the inside for T1 to outbrake me,but i left it later than normal myself for braking,Yves ended up going straight on to the gravel and i now had the comfort gap to the finish.
Many Thanks to all the gentlemen drivers and Thanks to Yves and RD :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back