RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Anyone is up for a race report? movie? cool screenshots? for a new articles on the front page? We will have our last event of the summer on Sept 5th:)

Glad to hear about the last endurance event, but unfortunately it's the start of the Labor Day holiday weekend here in the US and I'll be out of town, so can't make this one.

Thanks for organizing these events Eric, they were all awesome, truly.

See you in the F1 series!

Grats to the winners

Had a great time, with some good racing at the first race.
2nd race was over when I got a puncture halfway thru 1st lap.
It is a tricky car, but it was real fun to to drive, it was first time for me with the Camaro, and sure not last, looove the torque.

Thanks

I still have yet to do a writeup on the epic 4-way battle of Race 2, but I took screenies of the finish, from the stand above the finish line. It's unbelievable how close these guys were... :bulgy-eyes:

Keith and Adam:

stcc1.JPG

Brandon and Peter:

stcc2.JPG

Amazing stuff.

Lap 4: I am holding up my RDSTL team owner Rhys Gardiner – best to let him by.

Aw, come on... don't let that hold you back Michael. Don't be afraid to put up a fight! :laugh2:

Dario welcome! If you have any questions considering races, feel free to post. Nice to have you aboard ;)

Oke just got back from my vacation, and I tried booting my windows game pc, and its in an endless updating loop. (every time tries to configure updates, shuts down, tries it again, etc etc) microsoft says they know about the problem but don't have a real fix. So I gotta reinstall :S

so I have no time to practice and probably don't have it all up and running for tomorrow night. Sorry :(

ps. I hate windows!!

First, the race report is done, just folow the link to the front page http://forum.racedepartment.com/latest-news/21619-road-america-500km.html

Next

I've yet to see the replay, since I'm still in the server, but I lost the FFB going into a left hander on lap 4 (was 4th).

Obviously I wasn't expecting it and the car went too much to the right side and slightly into the gravel. That was sufficient for my braking power to drop absolutely near 0. Went straight forward into the barrier; "damage not reparable, race over"...

Basicaly the above isn't true :shame:
While doing the report and observing the replay I came to the conclusion...:coffee2:

It can be typed that I kind of lost the FFB to the left after I did a small but important mistake.

I always use the real drive position, so from inside the car I wasn't aware immediately (and as such too late) what was happening.

I had done surely more than 100 laps to that circuit and never had such thing happened to me there before.

In race I was "opening" the entrance to the turn before the parabolic more and more every time I went by there (opening the turns means going right to do a left).

On that 4th lap the right side of the car want over to the gravel as I opted to run the car very low (in "normal" circumstances it only touched the ground at start/finish straight before the climb with full race fuel).

As the car bottom hit the ground on the right side (with the right wheels dig in the gravel), the car was basically for a few seconds "on rails", and from there came my G25 feeling “I hadn't FFB to the left”. I simdrive with all effects at max (G-Force included) so on that Left turn entrance I was expecting a force to the right and not 0G car wheel response (stranded).

As I came out of "rail" the car was totally on the kitty litter and by than with the full bottom of the car in sand, as much as I turned the wheels or applied brakes, it would be to no effect.:(

Well, the machine isn’t to blame, go figure… :D
Long post for a such a small thing, I just don't like mysteries I guess :wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%