RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

500 km of HELL minus 6.4km x7.

This was my first Enduro event ,so was really looking forward to race day.Up at 5am Sunday morning(NZ is ahead of you guys) i joined official practise at 5.30.Entered my setup and out i went...did a couple of laps and realised my setup was not going to handle the heat....but that was the least of my worries....noticed the timing on XD was all screwy.Went to the race monitor and everyone had frozen...hmmm i thought.Left and came back same thing happened again...damn.Connection problems ....why today!!!!.Happened twice again ,so i joined a public server ....no issues.I had recently upgraded modems,so changed back to my old one ...presto no problems.All this had taken time ,so by the time i was up and running qualifying had just started.Went and did a lap and qualified 18th:disapointed:.Right,remember i didn,t have a very good setup so went into the warmup and tried a few things....better, but still of the pace of the front GTS guys.THE RACE.I should have stayed in bed,sitting on the grid,guess what, no force feedback in my G25.My car felt horrible in the formation lap...this is going to be fun i thought...80laps and a car that feels like a marshmallow.The smallest movement and the car was all over the place,so if i was weaving a bit that was the reason everyone:sweat:.Made a cautious start and got through the first turn okay,got bumped off in the left hander at the end of the downhill straight.Bob,Ivo and David were behind me when i came back on,Bob finally got past on lap 4 ,David on lap 5,but then spun in front of me lap 6 and got past again the same lap.Meanwhile i saw that Ivo had been punted off as well.We had the same pace and the gap stayed the same for a while,but Ivo slowly closed in on me.We both pitted the same time around lap 22 and i came out in front and we had a good battle for a while till a managed to pull away(getting used to no force feedback).I then had to serve a stopngo(blue flag infringement) just before my next scheduled stop.Another BMW,Andreas i think came up behind me but struggled to get past ,i was faster in some places he in others,so i got the old blue flag warning 3 times.....man i was angry.finally served my stopngo then the next lap my normal pit stop...Ivo was gone and i had dropped to last surviving car.Th e rest of the race was pretty uneventful ,was even managing to close in on Yuri but there were not enough laps left.Finished 12th and last running car ....but hey i had finished .A gruelling event...my first enduro,but i was there at the end...sore back ,but a smile on my face.Well done everyone,cheers kevin.OH big thanks to Eric for all his hard work,the results page is great.

Here is my race report. What a fun race!

Qualify (12th)
As usual, my qualifying was not stellar. I started near the end of the GT Pro grid, but did not spend any time on a qual setup so what can I expect I suppose?

Race (2nd)

It was an interesting start for me to say the least! On the grid, the lights go green, and wham - I get hit from behind! I thought to myself, great, what a way to start a 3 hour race! After checking the replay, I see that was you Michel, and from reading your post, you forgot that we were doing a pace lap. What can I say? :doh: I am just glad that there was no serious damage to the cars. :car2: (by the way, congratulations on finishing!)

Next, near the end of the pace lap,
almost at the end of the back straight, I see all the cars in my mirror get very small and disappear into the distance! I thought maybe I was getting connection problems or something! After checking the replay, I see that Mtommi Tam pulled over onto the grass and slowed way down - this caused all the cars behind him to slow and fall way back behind the cars in the lead pack, which are now coming up to the last turn for the start of the race. Mtommi, what happened? Why did you pull onto the grass and slow down?

Now, after all this action (before the start of the race!), the race started and I had a fairly smooth race. I only had a few minor offs and took no damage to the car. The pit stops were good, and my two stop strategy paid off I think over some that took three stops. I thought about 3 stops, because of the tires, but the pit road here is so long, I figured it would take too much time for me. Besides, knowing that I was not going to have a very fast car, but a steady one, I figured I could not make up the time on the track anyway.

Luckily, with a few drop outs, and steady consistent laps on my part, I was able to get from 12th to 2nd by the end. Thanks to all the GT Sports who I got by cleanly, and relatively error free.

Again, I have to say I love these endurance events, and I think the longer they run, the better I finish! Maybe if we had one that ran 6 hours, I could win! Haha.
Congratulations to Bruno for lapping the entire field at least once by the end of the race - you were definitely fast! Also congratulations to Rogerio for third place. We swapped spots a couple of times after we each had an off, so it was fun having that little battle.

Thanks again to Eric and RaceDepartment for another great endurance event! Too bad about the false start at the grid last weekend, but this race made up for that. I kind of hope we end the Endurance races with a Le Mans finale, but now that the F1 season is about to start, I may divert my attention to that series anyhow.

Imola

I expected to be around 2 secs off the fastest ,and although I managed a PB in qualy,I started midfield with a high 42,
with team mate Wido just behind.
I lost a couple of places at the start ,being over careful not to get too much wheelspin.
Wido passed me and I avoided getting too close.
After the first laps the race settled down with Jan ahead in 10th place.
I managed two cuts in the first 4 laps so had to slow my pace to avoid any more.
Then slowly moved up places as other did their SNG's with Jan still a couple of seconds ahead.
Two front runners retired putting Jan 3rd and me 4th.
Being one of the last to pit I actually led for 1 lap.
fitted new tyres and 70 lit at the pit stop ,the tyres were probably not needed here,tyre wear is low.
Watched Wido do a SNG whilst in the pits.
Then came out 3rd , not far behind Jan again.
Later on had an incident with Rob Goldthorpe who waited and let me go first (I was going to let you pass ,as you were quite a bit faster)
I let Aritan unlap himself and backed off a bit to stop him getting a warning ,losing touch with Jan.
So a lucky third place 13 secs behind Jan ,and a long way behind Emil , who was in a class of his own.
Although Team Maypole skins are not final yet ,Wido and I used the WIP version ,which was nice.
Thanks to everbody in the race , and thanks to the Blueflagged who tried their best .
Roll on Anderstort

Terry

Attachments

• Imola results.jpg
    Imola results.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 186
  • imola 3.jpg
    imola 3.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Imola 2.jpg
    Imola 2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Team pitting.jpg
    Team pitting.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 173
I am an idiot

I have this powerbox next to my pedals, and my leg was getting tired, so I stretch it and switch off the power :(

Was a funny race tough, I got a bad start because Mtommi spun in formation lap, then he went on track, so I expected him to go to the end of the pro's, but he stays there.... then when we are almost in the last few corners, he doesn't closes the gap to the guys in front of him, so I already was 3.5 seconds behind Michael.

My racepace was pretty good, and I could catch Michael and overtake him (I'm happy that this one was clean;) ). Then I was catching Andreas, but I lost my concentration (because of my tiredness and stuff..) and I switch off everything.. :(

Anyway congrats to everyone and big thanks to Eric!

Well done guys, this was an epic race. :)

My short Race report.

Superpole:

Made a huge mistake in front of the long downhill straight, so i lost 2 seconds and qualify in the mid GTS-Field. :sweat:

Race:

My first formation lap, very nervous and later a bit raged when i saw a cloud of smoke and a wide gap to the frontrunners before we even cross the finish line.
In the first lap i hit Kevin slightly, when Rogerio was to get past me. Sorry Kevin, misjudge the braking point with cold tires.
After this incident i was dead last and completely of rhythm and decide to do some earth movement while i am trying to get back in touch with the first third of the GTS field. :pissed-off:
It took me about 15 laps to get my racespeed back, this race clearly doesn't evolve like i hoped. The rest of the race goes fairly overtook Yuri and David and take the last spot on the podium. :)

Finally i have a question to the lapping issue. In the enduro events a was take an active part the rules say, that the slower class has the raceline, and the faster guys have to wait, until they can do a clear pass. Is it the way to race here too?
Because 2 guys punched me off track when i was forced to get the raceline to simply stay on track with reasonable speed.
After that i was staying beside the line if someone was to lap me, but lost always 1-2s if this happend before a corner.

In the End, congrats to all Finishers and better times to the Ones who have technical difficulties.

Thank you Eric, for your efforts in this event!

Tobias ,i had the same problem as well.Most of the pro cars were very good,but one in particular just seemed to barge his way through.They are much faster on the straights ,so why not wait til then.I did ,my best to stay out of their way especially if 2 were racing for position,but were'nt we all.Kev.

I had a tough one, mostly due to the warning-sensative nature of the track, but it was good as long as it lasted. First time I tried the Extremes in a race and I liked it. I'll look into joining next week as well, though I cannot be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%