RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

This will be my first RD event, getting very excited for it, but I have a few questions about it. Am I required to download an install skins other users are using? I don't mind doing it, I just want to know if there would be issues If I were missing a skin come race night.

Other than that I'm really looking forward to my first RD event and hope to see many more. I've been practicing both hotlapping the track and doing a few races against AI to try and get an idea of passing opportunities and how to leave room in the corners for other cars when necessary. Do you have any other tips to help prepare for a race on an unfamiliar track?

Look forward to racing with you guys on wednesday!

You don`t need to skins to race, it`s just nice to see the effort some people have put in. As far as tips, Enjoy Yourself first and foremost also, try to pass cleanly, if defending try to do it fair and remember the golden rule if you knock someone off track.

See you on Wednesday!

Not even 24h from the start and the event already has 8 pages!!!! What an audience!!!!

Eric, quick question! Only the sign ups are allowed to vote? "if you plan to attend the event" can be a little vague... :)

GO WATKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Weather:
It "might" rain. The weather will be based on historical weather data for the race location. It will also be consistent from practice, qualifiers and race (no 40 degree weather in warmups then 17 in the race). The forecast will be published a week prior the race.
Did anyone notice that???????? NAW!!!!!!!!! YEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eric, now I really love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now my little report:

Limerock:

Couldn't take place into it, because entry list was filled up days before. But i was on stand by as the race started and could earn a slot for last two races.

Birmingham:

this track is a beast, but i like this kind of tracks very much. Haven't driven it often, but did a little practise while race at Limerock took place.

Qualified 1st. Was realy happy about this.

I had a good start, but my neighbors on the grid too! it was close into t1 and t2, but i had the inner line. From the start i concentrated very much and could pull away very quick. Short time befor finish i hadn't done any mistake and my gap to P2 was around 30 seconds. Than i lost my tail in the second chicane and lost about 8 seconds. So i finished first with a good gap.

Doni National:

I like doni, but i knew it would be hard to do no mistake over 25 minutes in the race. I was fast in practise and filled up to race fuel in order to practise the behavior of the car.
Then quali: It was a hard fight for pole and i got it by a gap of may be 4 tens. In the end of quali i noticed that i did it with race fuel :giggle:...
The race was good and i pulled away from the beginning.

Reik had a nine second lead over me at this point so I just concentrated on keeping the gap constant as he was very fast in practice and quali. The gap fluctuated a bit and was down to 7.5 seconds (due to backmarkers mainly I think) when 3 laps from the end he clipped Nuno trying to lap him out of Old Hairpin and I shot by. I let my concentration slip as I looked behind to see the gap I had and slid off at Coppice two corners later! Aaargh. He had a 2.1 second lead now and I had no idea how many laps were left at this point. The gap was 1.5 heading into the last lap when he put a wheel on the outside of the grass entering Old Hairpin and spun into the gravel narrowly missing Lewis. Thsi time I didn;t throw away the win :D

You are right. I lapped some guys who fighted, so i lost a bit. But everyone did it fair. Also Nuno did, but i wanted to overtake to early at the exit of old hairpin. We touched and i spun. Than Ryan passed and i wanted to catch him. Soon he went off and i had a little smile in my face (Sorry). But then i lost it down to old hairpin with a scary close pass to another car in the sand.:laugh2:

Finished second and was happy about the whole event!!!!

thx for the whole event guys!!!

I know Nord with eyes closed!!! :loco: No, really, I know the track, I just don't like it!!!! It's too long, I don't know... Too narrow, not much overtaken points besides that huge straight in the end...

The first time I raced there, I practice 3 days until I memorized all the turns!!!! I only race there 2 times!!!! 2 Endurances!!!! This is gonna be my third enduro there, the longest one... :)

Anyway, I'm gonna race wherever it is, but I'd prefer to do it on Watkins. Seems like a beautiful track, with nice battles to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%