RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali 5th

Race 1
Made a good start avoiding the carnage in turn 1 to come out around 3rd. Found myself chasing Ben and Keith for most of the race. I got close a couple times when they were banging door handles but never got close enough to challenge. Came in a lonely but satisfied 3rd place. Many fast guys in the race tonight as shown in the Quali times.

Race 2
Made another good start but got banged around a little in the Early laps and had to work m way forward from 7th. Very aggressive racing and kind of fun. I hope I didn't upset any one around me as I was one also on the aggressive side. Had terrific fights with Yuri, Aritan and Keneth for 4th, 5th and 6th. Near the end I closed up on kenneth in 4th and worked every angle over several laps to finally get a pass to stick. He then gave me lots of pressure trying to get back by. Aritan closed the gap to us in the final lap but the order stayed the same.

Very hard faught and clean battle all the way to the finish. Fun race finished 4th and 3rd overall tied with Brandon. Grats to Ben and Keith who were a step above tonight.

Like Ivo said, I just want to finish the race, it will be something just to achieve that. I'm glad I could join this event, really a great one, thanks to RD and all the work by Eric. I'm wishing every participant to have a great time, I'm eager to join you all on saturday.

Haha. A couple of hours ago i was the watching the replay of Paul Ricard.
I saw you blowing up your engine, while Joao was right behind you.
I was just imagine what Joao was thinking when he past your smoking Lister.

I think it was someting like this

:woot2::woot2:

:wink:

Btw Eric. No word from the last 4 guys? :)

well this was another adventure for me. I love MINI racing as the cars are fun to drive and the field can be very competitive through the whole grid.

Quali went waaaay beyond expectation for me. I had a setup in the car that kept tires in excellent temps on the long run for the race. I dropped the fronts to 24.8 PSI and rears at 25.8. Went out and stuck a FLYER 38.245 for temporary POLE over Marty, BRandon and Keith! but then some sniper from across the pond rips a lap and snatched pole with 2 minutes reamaining. Who is BEN "TUSTO" TUSTING anyway?:rotfl:

Race_Steam2009-06-2420-42-30-92.jpg

R1 sees me reponsible to get a good start and not create a travesty in T1. With new found speed comes unwanted responsibility! :time-out: I set off solidly only losing a spot to Keith. so far so good! but then I lose my braking point and end up tapping Keith when I PANIC CHECK the car in T1. Meanwhile Aritan has jumped WAAAAAY inside and doesn't get slowed down in time and contacts me and I go off track. Others suffer contact as well and its a bit of a mess right off.

Race_Steam2009-06-2509-40-41-71.jpg

Race_Steam2009-06-2509-41-38-84.jpg

I resume DFL and try to put some laps together and gain positions.I am chasing Aritan and Yassen in to T1 when Aritan gets deep inside again and has contatc with Yassen. I get a good run off 1 and punch Yassen in the door. Sorry man I had no where to go. Well I gain a few but ultimately run out of fuel with 2 laps remaining in 11th spot. OH well there's always race 2!

Race_Steam2009-06-2421-01-44-20.jpg

R2 sees me in 11th and I am looking forward to seeing if I can translate speed into racecraft. I get a crappy start and end up DFL lap 1. What happened to the pilot who Q'd P2? sheeeesh!:Cry:

So now I am chasing John S, Bob L, Aritan and Yassen who are all within view at least. I nail the right hander after the hedge line and get a killer run on John while Bob is avoiding a long lazy loop through the grass, he come across the track in fornt of John and me. I have a car width hole to the curbing and shoot through to pick up 2 spots.

Race_Steam2009-06-2510-14-02-21-1.jpg

A lap later Aritan passes Yassen and I do the same when he runs wide on the last turn before the startight. Aritan and I are very equally matched on speed right now and he catches a big group of cars. he gets past YVES in T1 and right on Marty's bumper. Meanwhile Willie Watt has gone to CANCUN off T1 and we all get past him.

2 laps go by and its Aritan, Yves then me all running our guts out. I get inside Yves in T1 but ease out of the corner to not wreck him and I and continue a fun battle. Yves gets an unassisted lazy spin coming out of the hedge turn and I pass for 8th still trying to reel in Aritan.

Aritan catches up to Joao and I close on Aritan so we now run bumper to bumper to bumper. This is what its all about! a good fair battle for position regardless of where in the field you stand!

Well then in T1 Joao runs wide, Aritan stays online and I try to pinch inside of Aritan thinking we can both lockout Joao before the esses in the hedge area. Aritan holds further inside than I expect and I tap him and kill our progress. Sorry man not intentional by me.

About 10 laps go by and Aritan is relentlessly pressuring JOAO! Finally Joao runs a bit off in T1 and Aritan and I get past. WOW that was a ton of work!

The final scoring of R2 has me in P7 and I am feeling good about running a good race and not "screwing the pooch" for a change.:clap2:

Thanks again to Eric K, Keith and RD for setting this up! An extra beer for Keith as it appears he has decided to be a lead dog and assume more duties for this US/AUS group. :yo: YOUr passion for the FUN and racing will elevate this group beyond my highest expectations could have been for a simple online racing sim!!!!!:rapture:

here's some screenshots from the action as I saw it tonight.

Kennet doing a fine job leading the pack into T1 R2! ( btw check out Marty and Yves door to door. BEn T and Keith are REALLY tight!)

Race_Steam2009-06-2510-07-11-59-1.jpg

John Sydenstriker about 2 feet from salvation in R1!

Race_Steam2009-06-2509-49-22-75.jpg

Bob Luneski putting on a demo for the Blue Angels in R2!

Race_Steam2009-06-2509-58-21-81.jpg

Race_Steam2009-06-2509-59-02-93.jpg

YOu gotta stick the landing to get the Wings! (the corner worker is completely unfazed by the crash)

Race_Steam2009-06-2509-59-45-57.jpg

Great races and great pleasure with the BMW :rockon:

good qual and good start but at the last turn , first lap big crash in the pit wall :lol:

race 2 :good start ,I m taking the lead but in the last lap no fuel to finish the race :frusty:

@ Bob very nice the safery car :pound::pound:

Thanks yves for this event

+1

Aritan, we would love it if you became a regular at the Friday events. The more regulars = more regularly large field = more fun

I will be reviewing my replays in a few hours and will write a report with some pics and a movie of a funny event in practice. (flip on straight away)

Hey, Eric, OUTSTANDING report!!!!!

Great battle we had indeed. Very nice races yesterday. Unfortunately I can't race on wednesdays, so that was one of a kind, BUT maybe I can join you guys on fridays in a regular basis. YEYYYYY!!!!!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back