RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Nice race!:) I had some battles there. The end was awesome!:) Abdul had suspension problems and I started to get closer. But in last lap after Ascari he defended well, staying on the inside, I couldn't get through in Parabolica, so finished 4th. This car was nice, just it was a little hard to make a good setup for it!

WD podium and thanks all for the race!

Good race that (after the first 5 laps -.-)

Qualy was really close, me and Yuri were within .002 seconds which made me think there could be a good battle coming in the race.

Chased Yuri for a few laps which was very good fun until going into the last corner I braked too late and hit him straight up the arse. Yuri went straight into the wall so I parked up in the gravel and waited for him to get out. Unfortunately he had some front end damage and had to pit so I carried on racing. Drove the car as quick as I could and ran the fuel right down to about 7L before I pitted. Put 20L in to run to the end and thanks to running the car light for a while I had managed to make up some ground. I came out of the pits in 4th and only had about 7 laps to the end of the race. I got very lucky with both Abdul and Marcin getting stop go's and that moved me up to 2nd place which was where I ended up finishing, around 41 seconds back from Yves who drove a fantastic race to take the win. Ending up in second after all that makes punting Yuri off even worse as I know had that not happened he would have been on the podium. Sorry again for that, just totally underestimated my speed from slipstreaming and didn't make any allowance for us braking in different spots which was rather stupid of me.

Baby is doing great m8. Thanks.

My best time is a 6:42. with 160l. I must confess I am terrified of this track. 24 laps will not be a joke. Seriously prepare for this. I am planning to go to the gym and do some exercise(yea right!!!).
Good to know, Abdul. I wish your family all the best again. :)

About the lap times, I think in this track lap times are gonna mean almost nothing, since a small mistake can end the race. I did 6:37 with 160l, but it's too dangerous for my skills, lol. I think I'm gonna go for 6:4x in race to be safe. :)

It's gonna be an awesome race!!!

Eric, put me as reserve and if there is a free slot come Friday i'll join. My time is running out soon, not sure if I'll be able to game like I used to once me Mrs and kids come back from my in-laws. I'll be envying you all who make it thats for sure. lol

• James Cathers

was a fun race, first lap I accidentally shunted someone off. I was up on the curbing and lost traction and understeered into him, didnt think it was hard enough to spin em but it did, i was gonna stop but my mirrors were full of traffic, sorry whoever it was. I had a hard time gettin the hang of those cars. i ran 1:45.5xx's earlier today several times but I couldnt seem to match that pace in qualy/race and I lost it a few times getting frustrated before i finally had a high speed off and wrecked the car. you guys do run a good server though, I just need to get the hang of those cars >.< thanks all for the clean racing.

edit: looked at the replay, it was Steve Emmons i gave the punt to in the first chicane, sorry about that man. next time you have a shot at my my rear quarter panel you can scoot me out of the way, i wont hold it against ya :wink2: I'll remember to dodge traffic next time and find a place to stop.

fun car to drive, qualy third with a personnal best but far from the front guy's.

got a good start from the grid and i think Abdul was a bit too cautious at breaking for T1 cause i was able to pass him on the outside and grabbed second place. then a bigger surprise came a few corners later when Keith ran wide and went to the grass gifting me with the lead. i was able to stay infront of Abdul and even pulling a little gab when suddenly the gab increase a bit more ( after seeing the replay Abdul spun ). a few laps later Keith was back at me since he was way faster then me, he tried to pass me a few times at T1 and parabolica but he was never quite close enuff but after a few tries he did it at T1 but i was able to stay glued at his rear bumper approching the second chicane he then ran a little wide at the apex giving me the chance to take the outside of the second turn and regain the lead. a few laps later i spun at the exit of the first chicane and off Keith was but a few laps later Keith dropped out ( probably because of his grafix problem ) giving me the lead back. from there it was just to manage my race and stay out of trouble which i did and took the win.

nice racing all and thanks to RD and Eric for setting it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%