SATLAB90's 2001 Mod WIP

Don't know if i'm the only one here, but are any of you having Skin problem with the BMW Williams on the Ferrari?
i5WVW13.jpg

Hi guys... I'm looking for someone who can help me with the skinning of pitcrew and racecrew of 2001 season. I don't want to release this mod after the F1 2013 release so, please, I need an help to finish quickly the mod. I've completed Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams pit and race crew.... so I need now Benetton, BAR, Jaguar, Jordan, Arrows, Sauber, Minardi, Prost and Toyota.
Thank you in advance ;)

Hi guys... I'm looking for someone who can help me with the skinning of pitcrew and racecrew of 2001 season. I don't want to release this mod after the F1 2013 release so, please, I need an help to finish quickly the mod. I've completed Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams pit and race crew.... so I need now Benetton, BAR, Jaguar, Jordan, Arrows, Sauber, Minardi, Prost and Toyota.
Thank you in advance ;)

I knew before ML released his crew template was long to do our own skin for them, But now the problem is to skin it or find some picture of the pit and race crew ?!.

SATLAB90 did you already fix the wheel textures? I once used the Jaguar as standalone and its wheels where too shiny in the sun (a common issue I'd say, most of the skins I found here had this issue [not Schifty31's btw, haha])

SATLAB90 did you already fix the wheel textures? I once used the Jaguar as standalone and its wheels where too shiny in the sun (a common issue I'd say, most of the skins I found here had this issue [not Schifty31's btw, haha])

The problem, when new modder made new skin for anything... they not change the alpha channel on .dds files. If still in white, the texture in game will be glowy, so they need to change up the grey color to keep it normal.

Thought so, well I only use paint.net for quick changes, still no idea where to edit any alpha there, haha. Gimp is unable to load the .dds from .pssg all other .dds are fine and I'm usually too lazy to open gimp and paint at one time :D
Do you have a preference regarding the grey color (hex code or rgb values?) ;) Guess it could come in handy when using such skins (have some of them).

Thought so, well I only use paint.net for quick changes, still no idea where to edit any alpha there, haha. Gimp is unable to load the .dds from .pssg all other .dds are fine and I'm usually too lazy to open gimp and paint at one time :D
Do you have a preference regarding the grey color (hex code or rgb values?) ;) Guess it could come in handy when using such skins (have some of them).

No, more its dark, surely you wont get a glow style on the wheel.

I knew before ML released his crew template was long to do our own skin for them, But now the problem is to skin it or find some picture of the pit and race crew ?!.
I don't have a real problem with skinning but I wish I could complete faster this mod.. Then I need help with race crew and pit crew :)

Hm, the blur of white BS tyrewall is yellow ... looks wrong ;) If I wouldn't know 2001 were no GoodYears I'd have thought by watching this, the tyre_blur.tga is taken from GoodYear tyres :D

Hm, the blur of white BS tyrewall is yellow ... looks wrong ;) If I wouldn't know 2001 were no GoodYears I'd have thought by watching this, the tyre_blur.tga is taken from GoodYear tyres :D
the tires are correct... I don't know how to fix the blur color problem

the tires are correct... I don't know how to fix the blur color problem

The blur color comes from the render_materials.xml.
At the buttom, set all red, green and blue to the values below. So all blur is white, should fit both the Bridgestone and Michellin tyres
Code:
<tyre_wall_colours>
    <tyre_wall tread="SUPS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175"  alpha="1"/>
    <tyre_wall tread="SOFS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175" alpha="1" />
    <tyre_wall tread="MEDS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175"  alpha="1"/>
    <tyre_wall tread="HARS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175" alpha="1" />
    <tyre_wall tread="INTS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175"   alpha="0"/>
    <tyre_wall tread="WETS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175" alpha="0"/>
  </tyre_wall_colours>

The blur color comes from the render_materials.xml.
At the buttom, set all red, green and blue to the values below. So all blur is white, should fit both the Bridgestone and Michellin tyres
Code:
<tyre_wall_colours>
    <tyre_wall tread="SUPS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175"  alpha="1"/>
    <tyre_wall tread="SOFS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175" alpha="1" />
    <tyre_wall tread="MEDS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175"  alpha="1"/>
    <tyre_wall tread="HARS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175" alpha="1" />
    <tyre_wall tread="INTS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175"   alpha="0"/>
    <tyre_wall tread="WETS" red="0.175" green="0.175" blue="0.175" alpha="0"/>
  </tyre_wall_colours>
thanks.. but now my game crashes when I go out from the garage :/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years