Tracks Satellite and heightmap all-in-one

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Are there any sites or programs which allow you to select a few kilometres square of a map, and then download (reasonably) hi-res images of the exact same selected area in both a greyscale heightmap format and a satellite image format?

Thanks,
William

I'd say it depends which country ?
to each their own database, websites or not

Mainly Spain, France and the UK.

Edit: I've been using Copernicus but this method involves manually aligning different satellite and heightmap images (both time-consuming and innaccurate).

Last edited:
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Are there any sites or programs which allow you to select a few kilometres square of a map, and then download (reasonably) hi-res images of the exact same selected area in both a greyscale heightmap format and a satellite image format?

Thanks,
William
There’s an alternative method I stumbled on the other day, capturing google 3D, which is essentially aerial photogrammetry, and quite detailed. It involves using RenderDoc and Blender.

Our findings are here, hopefully something you can use? https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/kyalami-2016.1477/page-8

There’s an alternative method I stumbled on the other day, capturing google 3D, which is essentially aerial photogrammetry, and quite detailed. It involves using RenderDoc and Blender.

Our findings are here, hopefully something you can use? https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/kyalami-2016.1477/page-8

That Blender plugin looks very useful, thanks.

Cheers Ben for responding as well, have seen a few paid options but wondered if it could be done for free.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 264 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 375 39.4%