RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Bollocks!!

I realised it was 10BST not 10GMT like I thought.

Game wouldn't let me join at the start of Qualifying even though it said "you can only join during practice and qualify sessions". So I've had to miss out, I'm sorry guys. I've had my daughter messing me about when she is supposed to be asleep so hadn't looked at the thread sooner. Otherwise I would have been there. Gutted.

Oh well suppose I better do my RDTCC race report instead.

Hope you all had fun:wink2:.

Thanks again for tonight, good race all. I think I beat my personal best 6-7 times per race so a bit of practice could be in place........

First race was no good started in back, spun a few of times, late braking afiew times and the only ones I had behind me was the DNF:s. Didn't get laped though :)
Second race was better ended up 10:th with no turarounds at all.
Great fun see you soon again I hope. Nite all.

First up gotta make a big apology once more to Gary ...
My screen was all messed up at start ... mirrors and bodywork all full of shadows and wierdness - most off putting as I could not see who was around me properly :eek:

Race 1
I think I half got away with not messing anyone up, but lost a bunch of places and went off trying to cycle thru views to get it working properly ... which luckily it did.
Race after that was a bit of a blur ... not much action, chased after Lewis and by the end I had reeled in most of the 6 or 8 second gap to the group he was in ... but quite a lonely 7th.

Race 2
... as I said ... screen very messed up again, was cycling thru views as the damn lights went out and I bodged my start, sending Gary into the wall and ending his race ... really really sorry mate ... I thought I would be find but the lights were a bit quick for me :sad:

Anyways ... I think I was somewhere around last again ... but had some fun working my way back up the pack and had some great fun with Bert and Marty, several passes on both, only for me to do something daft and let them get the run on me again.
Fought hard but very fairly with both, enjoyed it immensely chaps - made my evening.
Think I ended up 6th in front of aforementioned duellers, but a ways back from the boys in front.
Gratz to all, thanks to RD and again, Evans pulls a stunner out the bag - thanks mate :thumb:

Came on the scene last minute got in a couple practice laps before Quali.

Quali was sad about 5 seconds off Ben on pole for 11th or so

race 1
Started slow took about 1/2 the race to find the lines ended 10th

Race 2
Made a great start from 10th all the way to 3rd. Knew that wouldn't last and it didn't. Slowly moved back to about 6th then had a good battle with Lee and Bert. Sorry guys my braking points were way Early and I was a little all over the place so it was fitting I ended 8th out of the group. Had fun but felt like I was using wets all night. Thanks for letting me in Andrew another great event, Marty

That was fun! Never been at Hermanos Rodriguez or tried the Mosler before so it was all new. I rather like the Mosler...:)

Thanks to Ben and Michael for sharing their setups. Since I had never run the Mosler before I was at a bit of a loss to get started and that really helped.

Qualified 8th and finished 8th in race 1 after having good dices with both Bert and Dan. Bert and I had a great time trading positions and chasing each other for laps. It was good, clean, close, racing back and forth... It was a a ball...

Inexplicably I was in P1 on the grid for race 2, but Ben, Michael, Lee, etc were too fast for me so they reeled me in and I ended up 5th I think.

Used my headphones for the first time and the Moslers sounded really good.

Thanks Andrew, it was a good time.:party2:

Sign me up please for GT Sport as a reserve. I guess i saw this thread too late :D. Btw i vote for Nurburgring.:)
EDIT: If i enter the race i will make my own skin.

I am talking about the golden rules.No more hits and agresivity. i am new in race department but somebody told me that last years was some really agresive guys that haven't been punished for what they did.:)Let's play clean people!

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

Great racing again guys. I had alot of fun. Thanks RD once again.

Special thanks to Keith for the car setup that you uploaded for the honda's. Prior to that i was struggling with the toledo and the c30 and couldn't get below a 55's lap. Came to the race day not expecting to be in the running.
Was feeling under the weather and wasn't expecting even less of a performance then my previous practices. The honda wasnt feeling as good either. Gave it a few tweaks and i was very happy with how the car was feeling then and finally cracked the 54's mark. Managed to almost get down to a 53 but wasn't to be.

Qual saw me bomb it as i seem to do most weeks. My time got me into 12th but by the end of qual i was pushed back to 13th.

Race 1. What a great start by everyone, and watching from the back of the grid. That first corner with everyone fighting for position was scary. Most managed to make it through and the preceeding corners helped to claim a few more casualities. Before i knew it i had gone from the back of the grid up to 7th. I tried to settle into a nice rythem in the hope of not losing too many positions during the race. Meenwhile silly me had my brother and a mate sitting in the room watching trying to be backseat drivers. Never ends well!!
Anyway i did manage to settle and decided to go for a late pit as my car was running great. Before i knew it, and i only noticed cause of my backseat drivers, i had found my self for the first time in 1st place. Needless to say this didnt last. Went in for my pit. Came out in 3rd place but my rear tyres decided to die during the next lap and i was struggling to keep the car on the track. But i managed to hold on for a 5th place finish. my highest postition yet and i still dont know how i got there.

Race 2 i started in 4th. Sitting in the starting grid i was getting abit worried seeing the faster guys starting behind me and all i could visualise was my going off in the first corner.
Got off to a reasonable start and got through the first corner and only managed to drop to 6th or 7th i think where i roughly stayed with a few position changes up and down. I went with the same pit idea as the first race as it seemed to work for me and i was expecting to struggle again after the tyre change. Got back up to 2nd as before i pitted but knew that was going to last. Although i must have been driving alittle more concervative in this race as my rear tyres still felt pretty good which was lucky as i found myself dropped in the middle of Abdul, Keith and Dennis as i exited the pits. Needless to say these guys left me in their wake and i was running back in 7th and i expected this would be where i would finish. However in the last couple of turns on the 18th lap there was some chaos in front of me and i made it through to relaim 5th much to my amasement. I was gaining on Keith coming up to the finish line for 4th but i just didnt have the speed to take him.

Overall i was happy with managing to gain 2 5th place results and i am trying to learn as much as i can from the more experienced guys but you are all just too damn quick!!! ;)

But i loved it and am finding myself looking forward to the sat races (or fri nights for some of you guys).

Once again thx Eric and RD

I am talking about the golden rules.No more hits and agresivity...

?!? Hits?! I've not been here long (8 months?), but in that time I never saw someone persistently perusing a "hits" race policy (bumping). Race incidents, yes, some of them sanctioned by race staff, but none of them on purpose...

Notice this is an endurance event (this one should last about 160 min with dry weather), so most of the crowd attending is very hardcore and I just can't imagine any of them pursuing such simdriving style...

Also judging by previews events of this nature (140 and 185 min) I didn't sow anything resembling what you describe (and I did saw the replay of all of them).

... i am new in race department but somebody told me that last years was some really agresive guys that haven't been punished for what they did...
That's very strange... if “they” “did” something clearly violating the club rules I don’t see why they wouldn’t punish (maybe “they” “didn’t” violate the club rules?or both did?).

My experience is quite the contrary, the very few times I brought something to racing staff, I can only remember one time where the race staff didn't agree with my "view" and had a different opinion on the subject... (Some you win others you lose).

Anyway this is an endurance event, also, like in live, judge it by yourself and give attention to what "others say"; but not too much... :wink2:
Have any problem with someone’s behavior in the club, try to solve the “things” with personal messages (PM) between yourselves, if that fails, bring it to attention of race staff (by PM).​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back