RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

First off, I had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who showed up.

Qualifying - Ran a 1:11.52 to get pole. I felt a could go a little faster but I didnt see Keith going back out for another run so I didnt either. Was very happy to start on pole as this was a first for me here at RD. :dance2::dance2:

Race 1 - I got a decent start and got away from the battling behind me. Keith soon caught up and we went at it for a while. I got off the track on lap 11 and Keith took off with it. I ended up with a satisfying 2nd place.

Race 2 - Again with a decent start off the line. Going into turn one I was a little hot and followed Chris Buchanan off the track. Got it back together and found myself in 6th or 7th place? Worked my way through the field the next few laps and gained some positions. Some good defensive driving by some of the drivers out there. Eventually I got into 1st and just tried to go all out as long as I could to try and prevent anyone from catching back up to me. I had a great lead when I spun on lap 10 which closed the gap to a few seconds. Only a few laps after that I realized I didnt have enough fuel to go the distance! Had to let Keith by on the last lap to finish in 2nd with .40 of a litre left. I guess that first win will have to wait for another day. :laugh2:

Again I had a good time and I think these cars and this track made for great racing. Grats to Keith Barrack for BOTH wins and to Eric and RD for the fun times.

I had a good time at the race, lots of fun.

During Practice I was running around 2 flat using the default setup, but As I was driving my tires were losing temperature. Towards the end of Practice I saw Joren had posted a setup and decided to give it a try. I was faster every lap I used that setup and ran a best of 1:57.0, Still a way off the pace but the setup definitely helped me get some pace I was lacking.

First race got on the grid, everything is going well and then I hear my dog flipping out and banging on the door. Didn't want to leave a dead car on the grid incase I didn't make it back from the door quickly so I escaped out and missed the first race. Turned out to be some door to door newspaper salespeople.

Second race went much better, Coming up to the first turn cars were going everywhere from the accident described by others which allowed me to slide through and grab a couple places. Coming into Turn 5 I was right behind someone in red(not sure who it was) I got a bit late on the brakes and rear ended him pushing us both off into the sand, and then followed him back onto the track to start racing again. Sorry to whoever it was I bumped off, completely my fault.

A few laps later I was being followed by a white R8 coming into turn 7, Checked my rearview and I thought I saw him going to the inside so I got on the brakes a bit early so I could slow enough to take the outside line and give him room, though he didn't take the inside line and my early braking caught him off guard causing him to bump me off(though the great thing about the R8 is how easy it is to pull out of massive oversteer). Again this one was definitely my fault, I was braking before the brake zone and he didn't have time to realize what I had done.

I had a very good time in the races, the R8's are good fun to race with. Sorry to whoever I bumped off and to who I caused to bump me off.] Look forward to racing with you guys again soon!

Thanks for your write up here Eric.

I am planning on running some testing tonite, and will be on TS for anyone looking to have some fun running round this kick ass track.

I should be on around 7:30pm EST, anyone can reach me on msn. kman4424 at hotmail.com

Thanks for your write up here Eric.

I am planning on running some testing tonite, and will be on TS for anyone looking to have some fun running round this kick ass track.

I should be on around 7:30pm EST, anyone can reach me on msn. kman4424 at hotmail.com

I'll come on around 830 and help anyone w/ some line work etc. between Keith and I we should have you hustling in no time.:dance2:

For those in the GTS class having trouble with consistency around Nords, I suggest trying the Mosler with Tim Hogendoorn's Setup. By far one of the most stable and easy to drive cars I have tried around this track, although not quite as fast as of the others. :)

For those in the GTS class having trouble with consistency around Nords, I suggest trying the Mosler with Tim Hogendoorn's Setup. By far one of the most stable and easy to drive cars I have tried around this track, although not quite as fast as of the others. :)

I am not sure how "fast" is important. If Ricard and Spa should have taught us anything is if you finish you are a hero!!!

Ok, I've almost chosen my car. :D

I tested all the cars and came narrowed my research between Aston (I think it's gonna it), Saleen (excelente car for the track too) and Corvette (the one I'm gonna work on a little more, because it'd be better to hav the Corvette final speed.

About the speed... Using 7 for the rear wing on each of those 3 cars, I get the following final speed, before that little downhill after the big advertisement:

Corvette: 294 Km/h
Saleen: 293 Km/h
Aston: 292 Km/h

Almost no difference, but I think it's better to have more speed if I can make all the 3 cars stable, right!?!? Btw, the Viper has 300 Km/h of final speed, lol. But I can't be consistent with it and I'm almost 3 secs slower with the Viper. :)

Anyway, just sharing with you some thoughts... :)

And about lap times, my best with the Aston so far is 6:30 and with both Corvette and Saleen is 6:31. But in race pace, it's about 6:43 or something... I didn't work yet on setup and everything because I need to choose wich car to run first. :)

Cheers.

I am not sure how "fast" is important. If Ricard and Spa should have taught us anything is if you finish you are a hero!!!
While I agree that "fast" isn't everything in a enduro, as actually finishing the event is the primary focus, it isn't meaningless.

Just look at the GTS class winner. He was fast for his class and dominated the race start to finish. The only one running simular times was me and I failed to start the race. doh!

Just for arguments sake, my current time difference in the BMW and Mosler is 10 seconds per lap. That's a big gap.

I have choosen the C6 GT2 Skin. I drove the Mosler just now but i still like the c6 more.
I have a 7.05 in race setup. But in the race its gonna be slower, i was really pushing it. Yesterday i drove a 7:20, just like you said Stefan. Practice ;). And in some corner it looks like the 2 gear is the best gear, but it is alot of times better to stay in 3, especially with the C6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%