• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Sat May 30th (Friday 29th US) - Limerock Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2008
Nice race, nice track, got stuck in pit first race, could not get out of there..... 7th after a bit of luck at 2:nd from 14:th start pos, I think. godnight, signing out!

Péter Bártfai

3000RPM
Sep 18, 2008
Quali: 5th
1st Race: Started well, in turn 2 there was an accident and I just managed to avoid them, and found myself at P1. However Keith was coming behind, and he was very fast. Managed to hold him behind me for 1-2 laps, then I made a mistake in turn 3 and he overtook me. However few laps later, after we both done our pit stops, he found himself behind Paul, and I started to close the gap! Then he went out in last corner and I overtook him. Finished 1st, but only with a very little lead cause Keith arrived again:)
2nd Race: Not the best start I saw:/ But then I was going 5th behind Robert, but in lap 2 he spun in turn 3 while I was on his inside, and he accidentally pushed me off. No problem, that happens sometimes. When I came back I turned a bit tighter than I should, I didn't see Eric on my inside, sorry for that! I hope I didn't cause any damage!
After that little crash I was again out, but came back fast and ran 8th. After a lap or 2 I was behind Eric, then decided to take an early pit stop in lap 6. It proved to be a good idea as I overtook Eric and Paul ahead me, and managed to take 3rd place at the end.

Nice races everybody, thank you all!

Dennis Phelan

8000RPM
Premium
Apr 8, 2009
I'm outa here for the weekend so I won't get to review the tapes.
Great races!
After practicing all day long I had good lines and a great car. All I had to do was stay on track.
Amazed at my Q time but hey. a light load of fuel.
Race 1, got through the mess and was having fun when the track dissappeared, I ended up sliding across it , brakes locked and someone didn't get to miss me[Sorry!]. Last place and climbing back up after the pitstop.
Race 2, Geez, I so dislike starting at the front when I'm slow. I watched Yved and [?] pull away and held on well through the pitstop then lost it a few times and fell back. Eric, I hope I didn't foul you when the three of us were close coming down the hill?

Still, great races! Thanks ALL!

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
Jul 15, 2008
Great track, great cars, great racers.

Whenever I see the big guns in the server I get terrified in qualy. I managed to hold my heart and breathing for a flying lap to take pole position.

Race 1 start saw Yves from 3rd zoom pass me with his Bimmer to take 1st position in turn. Beginning of 2nd lap at turn 1, Yves went wide, I tried to sneak pass only to nudge him at turn 2. Sorry Yves. That was my race done as for some reason the game decided that I belong in the garage for the reminder of the race.

Race 2. Started 13th and had great battles. Stayed out longer than everyone I think. I pitted and came out 7th. Mistakes ahead saw me gain positions upto 4th. Great you might say.....but my fuel was dropping at an alarming rate. Started on the last lap with 0.56L of fuel, by turn 4 the car was having a hiccup. Engine died and thought if I just glide the car I might finish. Keith was 5th at that time, he saw me tip toeing and tried to push me to finish :skywalker:. Lost the car on the straight. Result = DNF(Fuel)

Check out Peter and Keith just after the uphill. Doing Wheelies.

And Peter with all his tyres off the ground. He believed he could fly.

Well done guys. Congrats to Yves and Peter for winning the races.

Thank you Eric and Racedepartment.

Attachments

Keith Barrick

3000RPM
Feb 19, 2008
Just wanna say this friday was amazing racing. I had a bad overall event through only my own fault.

I will be watching my replays later and posting a nice race report.

Paul Wood

100RPM
Mar 25, 2009
Great racing again guys. I had alot of fun. Thanks RD once again.

Special thanks to Keith for the car setup that you uploaded for the honda's. Prior to that i was struggling with the toledo and the c30 and couldn't get below a 55's lap. Came to the race day not expecting to be in the running.
Was feeling under the weather and wasn't expecting even less of a performance then my previous practices. The honda wasnt feeling as good either. Gave it a few tweaks and i was very happy with how the car was feeling then and finally cracked the 54's mark. Managed to almost get down to a 53 but wasn't to be.

Qual saw me bomb it as i seem to do most weeks. My time got me into 12th but by the end of qual i was pushed back to 13th.

Race 1. What a great start by everyone, and watching from the back of the grid. That first corner with everyone fighting for position was scary. Most managed to make it through and the preceeding corners helped to claim a few more casualities. Before i knew it i had gone from the back of the grid up to 7th. I tried to settle into a nice rythem in the hope of not losing too many positions during the race. Meenwhile silly me had my brother and a mate sitting in the room watching trying to be backseat drivers. Never ends well!!
Anyway i did manage to settle and decided to go for a late pit as my car was running great. Before i knew it, and i only noticed cause of my backseat drivers, i had found my self for the first time in 1st place. Needless to say this didnt last. Went in for my pit. Came out in 3rd place but my rear tyres decided to die during the next lap and i was struggling to keep the car on the track. But i managed to hold on for a 5th place finish. my highest postition yet and i still dont know how i got there.

Race 2 i started in 4th. Sitting in the starting grid i was getting abit worried seeing the faster guys starting behind me and all i could visualise was my going off in the first corner.
Got off to a reasonable start and got through the first corner and only managed to drop to 6th or 7th i think where i roughly stayed with a few position changes up and down. I went with the same pit idea as the first race as it seemed to work for me and i was expecting to struggle again after the tyre change. Got back up to 2nd as before i pitted but knew that was going to last. Although i must have been driving alittle more concervative in this race as my rear tyres still felt pretty good which was lucky as i found myself dropped in the middle of Abdul, Keith and Dennis as i exited the pits. Needless to say these guys left me in their wake and i was running back in 7th and i expected this would be where i would finish. However in the last couple of turns on the 18th lap there was some chaos in front of me and i made it through to relaim 5th much to my amasement. I was gaining on Keith coming up to the finish line for 4th but i just didnt have the speed to take him.

Overall i was happy with managing to gain 2 5th place results and i am trying to learn as much as i can from the more experienced guys but you are all just too damn quick!!! ;)

But i loved it and am finding myself looking forward to the sat races (or fri nights for some of you guys).

Once again thx Eric and RD

Willie Watt

1000RPM
Feb 10, 2009
Late report

Eventually I've managed to get a look at the replays of what I felt to be a good race night for me even thoughi didn't manage to score any points or finish up on the podium.

First thankd to Keith for the honda set-up as usual a bit lose at the back end but pretty predictable and controllable.

Didn't expect much in quali as i'd been way off the pace in practice and I didn't disappoint mayself going off in turn 1 of the hotlap. gave it up there and then to sit last.

Got a good start jumping 4 or 5 places then diving down a wide open gap fior the inside at T1 to see a couple of cars off-roading on the "lawn". Picked up a couple of places there and a couple more after there was a bit of carnage coming off the "rise". 4th!!!!!

Ran my ususal long stint to pit at the end of the window only to get a stop/go for speeding on the entry to the pit and another on the first stop/go. Down to 10th. Funny that you guys were changing lefts only I changed fronts and after 1 lap, the balance came back after and there didn't seem to be any uneven wear. I guess that since I'm so slow, I'm easier on tyres than you aliens. Even with the two stop go's i finished 10th but the laptimes had come right down.

2nd race start from 10th, again a good start making p a couple of places. Well placed into t1 but got a slight knock on the rear quarter that sent me a bit sideways. Highlight of the race was nipping down the inside of Eric on t3 I think it was my first genuine racing pass. went down hill from there as I sailed off at the last turn on lap 1 and did the same a coupel of laps later losing rear aero. pitted early on lap 6 bu then went off on turn 1 with a damage not repairable.

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
Jan 14, 2009
Finally getting a bit of time to add my race report.

Another GREAT event! I had a blast! OK it's my home track and got more laps here IRL than Keith has going to the Beer Cooler so that adds to my joy!:rotfl:

Quali super pole was ok. Ran a low 54. I thought a 53.7 was possible but my POS MOMO red wheel decided to suddenly orient itslelf offset left and it dropped wheels off after the climbing turn and that checked my speed a bit. gotta get aG25 soon.:dance2: So I grid P5.

The flag drops and Rhys gets a jump on me and heads to the grass on my right but can't pass. It might have been evasive more than agression? I enter Big Bend in P6 and 3-4 lengths behind the front pack. I suck in FWD cars.:giggle: Yves, Abdul, Keith,Peter and Brandon are 1-5 rspectively at Big bend. I have Dennis on my outside and even with me. He lifts and I enter in 6th safely. we all hold position thru big bend and I gain big exiting and entering the left hander in the "esses" on Brandon. I put the wheels up on the curb and it shoots me into Brandon who is a 1/2 car width wide of the line and he turns sideways and we both go off on the outside. Sorry Brandon my Bad:bad: I wait for Him and we set off again in P12 & 13. Robert Isles comes off the righthander entering "NO Name Straight" and just swipes my passenger side a hair. I am P14 now. oh well now I am going to get to race a few guys working my way back up the order! good plan Eric:drool:

I bump draft Robert down the 1st 1/2 of the main straight. he ends up wide entering big bend and runs through Dennis's lawn! I am P13 and climbing! ha ha ha ha ha I get 1/2 way thru Big Bend and I see BRandon, Rhys, Yves and Abdul off on the outside. I gain 4 spots to get to 9th. OK thats fortunate for me.:dance2: IT seems Dennis has gone massive agricultural and he is preparing the fields to plant corn in 2 nice neat rows from the entry to the left hand esses all the way to the entry to no name straight!:wink2: I am P8. huh luck is with me so far. 5 cars 1/4 lap!

I get on the wheel and start closing on Paul wood about 1.5 seconds a lap. Phillip A. runs off the track exiting Diving turn and Paul and I pass. I am P8 and driving well. I am gaining on almost everyone in front of me as they are now visible. Then Willie extends Dennis' AG work from where he left off to the outside of no name and we all pass him while he fights for control in the grass. Johan is out there w/ Willie now in a solo slide.

I am flying onto no name hoping they won't enter to for into the line. John gets it going in P5 I am following in P6 about 7 lengths back. 3 laps I cannot pass Johan or even get a chance. He is driving very well and holding a lead on me. Brandon has crept up behind us now.

Flying down the straight I drop off the track (MOMO POS problem again like in quali). Johan cooks the entry to big bend and hits the escape road. Brandon goes inside me and we nearly collide. HE check sup to avoid me and PHILLIP A shoots on the insode of him to take P6 from Brandon. Brilliant move!

I close on Paul wood and he and I pass XOSE who has an unassisted off exiting the diving turn. I am P4 and Paul is P3. on lap 7 or so. Paul gets sloppy through the big bend /esses complex and drops off the track entering no name. I slide to the curbing on exit and just swipe Paul. Sorry Paul I couldn't change line in a drift. I am P3 and on for a PODIUM. MAYBE

I run out the stint and assume P1 when Yves and Keith pit. Now I have to pit because I know those guys will lay down very fast laps on the fresh rubber.

I had finally workd on manual pit and had it down in practice. I bring it in and have all kinds of problems. :drool: I don;t realise the car in the pit space behind me is a ghost and I struggle to get in my stall. I then have troubkle restarting the engine! but this went sooo well in practice!

I exit in P6. Well done NIMROD! I gain a spot when XOSE pits. I am now chasing Yves and gaining pretty easily. He must have damage as this is not normal at all. I get right up on Yves on the main straight. He slides to the inside and locks me out of a pass. Well done Yves! Classic Big Bend defense! We are both gaining on Paul Wood while we battle.

Yves gets past Paul and I am bumper to Bumper w/ Paul entering Climbing turn. I get side by side on him in the short chute and pass him inside at West Bend. I drift wide and drop wheels. Paul fights to get me back and I hold him off exiting Diving Turn. Hope it wasn;t a surprise Paul! no contact so I think we're good on this.

I finish P4 behind Yves. It's a good race but I am disappointed about the pit stop.

On to R2! I start P4 and its an all HONDA front 4! then yves in the BIMMER to my right and Keith in the Peugot behind me. I spin the start and get passed by everyone to hold it togethr in P8. Willie Spins exiting Diving turn and I assume P7. Paul, Peter and Robert Isles Are just ahead about .5. I can catch these guys maybe! They get very close thru the big bend / esses and I close w/ Phillip right on my bumper. Robert gets a bit of an oversteer slide going at the end of the lefthander and peter and he both leave the track for a brief second. They both get on the race surface in the outer of the right hander offline.. I pinch in as far as possible against the curb to avoid contact. Peter and I make contact when he comes into the line. I put 2 wheel on the inside grass to avoid but no joy. Peter and Robert spin off outside. Sorry guys. I had nowhere to go. Since I didn't hit yo ufrom behind I felt I could continue in good conscience.

I am chasing Paul in P4. he bobbles the exit of Diving turn and I pass him entering Big bend for P4. Paul passes me when I drop off into Dennis's lawn. John passes also and I am P6 w/ Peter not far behind in 7th.After a few laps I repass Johan w/ a big slide job entry to Big Bend.

Back to 5th and feeling good!:) I catch Paul after 3 laps and pull a ballsy pass on the apex of the diving turn w/ wheels up on the curb to stay contact free.

I assume P2 as leaders are pitting again. I pit in P3 as Paul continues on. I TOTALLY nail my pit stall! BUT I CANNOT GET THE CAR TO FIRE WHEN UP ON THE JACKS! I reenter P9 and am not mentally well.:drool: I string out a bunch of good laps and am gaining on Rhys a bit each lap. He goes off track and I gain to P8. I am chasing Paul Wood again! And along my drive I nearly KILL WILLIE WATT! way to get out the way!

I catch Paul about the time Dennis drops off track exiting Esses to no name straight. Paul passes and I follow. this is the last lap! I bump Paul a bit on no name and he slides a bit right but holds it together! I lift a hair to give him room at Climbing Turn being off line.

I try to get inside in the short chute but no joy.
So I set Paul up for a pass exiting Diving Turn by tapping the brake entering West Bend to get space for a run off that next corner. Dennis fills the gap inside! he has inside wheels on the curb. We smack door handles and I go off outside scattering corner workers. Dennis drives off going down the hill. Paul scoots away to hold his position. Dennis. we're OK here on this contact. I looked at the tape and see it as a racing incident and I would have likely done what you did given the last lap and all. :laugh2:

So I finish P6 and again am thinking it could have gone better!

Lesson Learned: YOU HAVE TO HOLD DOWN THE IGNITION BUTTON TO START THE ENGINE! you don't just tap it!:rotfl: what a moron!:wink2:

Thanks Eric for putting this together!

Sights from LIMEROCK PARK!

the start of RACE 2!

johan B showing us that Scandenavians have mor FUN! nice exit from a really fast corner!

Rhys Gardiner

5000RPM
Jul 8, 2008
Better get my report in as well. :D

Qualifying: 7th, I believe. I'm not too good at Limerock...

Race 1: Had an okay start. You were right Eric N, me going up onto the grass was evasive - I had nowhere else to go. Other than that I don't remember much apart from some good fighting with Dennis, and getting lapped... :(

Race 2: I've got a wonderful memory haven't I? :tongue: I remember almost nothing from race 2, apart from some more battling with Dennis, and generally making a complete mess of my race by sliding to and fro across the asphalt...

I guess Limerock just isn't my track. I cannot put a single clean lap in. I'm hoping to concentrate more on the fun and less on staying off the grass at Ledenon. :)

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
Jan 14, 2009
Better get my report in as well. :D

Qualifying: 7th, I believe. I'm not too good at Limerock...

Race 1: Had an okay start. You were right Eric N, me going up onto the grass was evasive - I had nowhere else to go. Other than that I don't remember much apart from some good fighting with Dennis, and getting lapped... :(

Race 2: I've got a wonderful memory haven't I? :tongue: I remember almost nothing from race 2, apart from some more battling with Dennis, and generally making a complete mess of my race by sliding to and fro across the asphalt...

I guess Limerock just isn't my track. I cannot put a single clean lap in. I'm hoping to concentrate more on the fun and less on staying off the grass at Ledenon. :)
Hey Mate it was a bit unusual not to see you running better for sure. Limerock is actually a simple track. But it requires a great deal of high speed car control and precision to really fly. We used to say. it takes 50 laps to learn LImerock well. And 5 years to eek out another .25 seconds on your lap times.

Did YOu get a set up from Keith or me? I would have gladly helped you out through teamspeak etc. if you wanted.

Regarding your memory, try using the replays in the game?:wink2: How else do I create a short novel from 40 minutes of racing?:rotfl:

chin up man! your better next time!

Finally , sorry about the crappy start and forcing you AGRO to not spin me.

Rhys Gardiner

5000RPM
Jul 8, 2008
Hey Mate it was a bit unusual not to see you running better for sure. Limerock is actually a simple track. But it requires a great deal of high speed car control and precision to really fly. We used to say. it takes 50 laps to learn LImerock well. And 5 years to eek out another .25 seconds on your lap times.
I know that it is a very simple track, but to be honest I just couldn't get the layout dialled in. The way the first few corners flow into each other is very frustrating when you don't get it exactly right. I couldn't get into TS because I've had a rather busy last couple of weeks, and when I was able to get on the computer, you guys were fast asleep. :D

Regarding your memory, try using the replays in the game?:wink2: How else do I create a short novel from 40 minutes of racing?:rotfl:
I record replays for every RD race I do, in order to check for incidents and report them. However, the racing has been so fair for me that I've recorded replays and never watched them the last few times. Plus I like driving in a race better than watching it play through again... :laugh2: ...In other words, I'm a slacker. :rotfl:

Oh, and about the start: no worries, it happens all the time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow RaceDepartment

F1 Poll

• Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • Valtteri Bottas

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Sebastian Vettel

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Charles Leclerc

Votes: 8 8.0%