RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Haven't got time for a race report at the moment, but would like to say that this evenings racing will stick in my memory for sometime.

Some amazing racing from everyone tonight, but especially from Ryan and Rob at Donington. They had a gr8 battle ahead of me and then once myself and Rob drew swords it was epic. Rob, truly awesome clean and clinical driving from you. We've raced in many races at the same time at RD, but it's the first time I've had a chance to have a battle with you properly. Your a very competitive and clean driver and a credit to RD.:)

And you were faultless at Limerock that's why I had no chance of getting past:wink2:.

Race reports 2moro:dance2:.

• Andrew Evans

cheers all... twas more grand stuffs....

got my new shiny g25 this week, to replace the dfp that got killed last week... still getting used to things... hence why i used the clutch as brake and hit bart @ limerock and then dan @ bham.... gak!... not massive shunts.. but still hefty arsch taps... sorry fellas... other than that... these clutch starts are for the win.... got off the line tasty at all races :D

limerock ended in tears just as i was starting to have a nice fight with bjorn (i think)... still totally disorientated by not having my look around buttons there on the wheel... didn't have a feel for where he was and slid off into the wall....

bham... yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! my most genuinely competitive rd showing evah... finished 3rd after holding off thorpid for about 4 laps... and was set on 2nd until dan got a sneaky one on me at the dodgy 2nd chicane on the last lap... still... much joy compared to the usual 18th place i've been accustomed to :D :D

donington.... much hate growing for that place... just couldn't find a decent line.... couple of early duels and what not... and then a blank moment resulted in high speed impact at the end of the long straight... guch...

tastyfish.

Nice evening. Liked all the tracks.

Limerock:

Poor qualy, P17.
Start went allright, gained a few positions as people spun off. Had to drive pretty much the whole race in defence-mode. Good fights with Adam, Dan, Neil and especially with Ben. We switched places few times and that was the highlight of the race. Somehow could keep him behind me after all and could keep my P10 for the end.
Birmingham:
Again a poor qualy, P16
Start was a mess as two people got stuck at the grid. I was one of the lucky winners this time. I was on P10 at the Turn1 and P8 after first lap. I looked from the replay the Ryan-flips and it was certainly strange. He ran wide, touched the tirewall and he was airborne. The speed wasn't even that fast, just a bug in the game. After 2 laps all from P2 to P9 fitted in the mainstraight together.

I had to contrentrate to defend again, which is actually quite enjoyable racing. Can't make any mistakes, allways for a look out if someone makes one in front and have to keep the racing line thight. You can really see where those missing tenths are. Turn 4 was my downfall, i lost at least 2 tenths in a lap there.

So many battles in that race that you could write a book.. Won't do it this time.. Finishing in P9 was a little disappointment. With out the T4 would've battled for a points. Well, live and learn.
Donington:
Better qualy here, P10.

Start was thight and lost it at T3 by being overcautious of people beside me. I looked at the replay and i had plenty more room than i thought. One slight mistake more and was at P23. After that i catched the pack pretty quick and started to overtake folks. It really showed me that i have made progress last couple of months. Back then i was always at the back, now i'm notably quicker. Climbed to P10 in a breeze but then the rest of the field were so far a head that i couldn't do more than to try to finish and maybe pick places after accidents. No mishaps in the front and finished in P10.
Nice friday alltogether and thanks to TS-Team.. FunFunFun:rotfl:

First race I had a terrific race long battle with Marty, great clean stuff and hectic. Got past him at the last corner after Paul got in his way while being lapped but let him through to finish ahead of me - didn't feel right beating him like that.

Second race was more incident packed. Hit Brandon at Turn 1, sorry dude, but I checked on the replay and it was as I thought, you slammed on the brakes far too hard, gave me no chance. Apologies to R Isles, I hit him at the first chicane - the bump there meant there was nothing I could do but hit your rear three-quarter as you went wide. Powerless but I took the rap and waited. From there I tried to claw my way back, thought I'd knocked off Rhys but I hadn't and waited for no reason haha. Then I tapped Paul. Twice. In the same corner. Two laps in a row. Sorry again, just didn't expect you to get loose on the exit of that corner, was very strange.

• Jason Halaby

R1 - I qualified P9 but it might as well have been Last. I spun out in the traffic at T1 but slowly clawed my way back up the ranks. I spent most of the race hanging onto Phillip's tail, but never quite caught him. Finished P9 which is where I started :)

R2 - I again had an offing in the L1 traffic and I never got my groove back. I watched Bob struggling with his RWD BMW for a while - I admire his determination! On L16 I was starting to get lapped by the leaders. I safely let Gary by, but on L17 when I tried to give way to Marty (P2) and Keith (P3) I lost control and hit some tires. Spinning back onto the track directly into Marty's raceline, knocking him back to P3. --Marty, I'm very sorry for that, I was intending to get out of your way. Anyway, my car was broken, end of race for me.

R1 - I qualified P9 but it might as well have been Last. I spun out in the traffic at T1 but slowly clawed my way back up the ranks. I spent most of the race hanging onto Phillip's tail, but never quite caught him. Finished P9 which is where I started :)

R2 - I again had an offing in the L1 traffic and I never got my groove back. I watched Bob struggling with his RWD BMW for a while - I admire his determination! On L16 I was starting to get lapped by the leaders. I safely let Gary by, but on L17 when I tried to give way to Marty (P2) and Keith (P3) I lost control and hit some tires. Spinning back onto the track directly into Marty's raceline, knocking him back to P3. --Marty, I'm very sorry for that, I was intending to get out of your way. Anyway, my car was broken, end of race for me.

No problem Jason You had good intensions. Keith had been closing on me for a couple of laps and it was a good possibility I would have lost the position anyway.

Really enjoyed the racing tonight.

I was using the bump shift for the first time because the paddles on my G25 are shifting on their own at times. Im surprised I didn't blow the motor with the multiple times I shifted down instead of up and I'm sure Ryan was wondering what the hell I was doing or If I was brake checking him.

Anyway Quali went good enough for 6th I think with no miss Q's on shifting.

Race 1
Made a good start and then got by the crash in the last turns of lap 1 to come out 3rd with Ryan in my rear view. Ryan closed the gap and it was on for 3rd. We had a terrific battle most of the race. A little bumping and pushing but clean and fair. On the last lap I came up on a lapped driver and got out of shape and Ryan closed back up on me then passed me in the last turn. It was fair move but Ryan let me back by for 3rd not wanting to take advantage of my mishap. Class move Mr. Callan thank you.

Race 2
Great start into 2nd behind Rhys and we managed a decent gap to 3rd over the first couple of laps. Then Rhys chased his tail into the zig and zag turn handing me 1st. I held onto 1st with Gary closing up from behind. Gary closed right up behind on lap 8 then took his pit. I stayed out 1 more lap then pitted. As I was exiting I came out just behind Gary. Chased close behind Gary for several laps then he pulled a gap. I saw Keith closing and on lap 17 Keith was right behind when Jason got a little out of shape trying to allow us through I hit him when he spun back on the track. Keith got by and I weathered it home with suspension damage and Phillip closing fast. Fun stuff I think I like the bump shift. Love Friday night racing.

stcc.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Class: STCC + SEAT Toledo Cupra v1.1+ WTCC '07&'06
Track:Limerock Park
Weather: Dry
Start Time: Saturday 1.00 GMT / Friday 9.00PM EST USA / Saturday 11.00am AEST AUS
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x18 laps - One mandatory pit per race with 2 tire change.
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

Entrylist:
  1. Philip Antonia
  2. Keith Barrick
  3. Rhys Gardiner
  4. Willie Watt
  5. Péter Bártfai
  6. Eric Nelson
  7. Dennis Phelan
  8. Abdul Ahmed
  9. Yves Larose
  10. Paul Wood