RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Absolutely 110% I am going to race this event. I dont think i have missed a friday event in a few months now. Also been spending alot less money on partying because of these events.

Also for Jason and Jim. Usually one day through the week a bunch of us get on the server and run Teamspeak and work with each other practicing. I am always willing to make a base setup for any car if you are having trouble too, and most everyone that races the Friday events posts up their setups as it is a fun friendly racing enviroment.

Anyways thanks for joining us guys, and we look forward to racing with you guys.

Keith

BTW, for those who dont know Keith, he is one of our almost aliens local resident:)

...João, I don't want to win...

:angel2:
Ok write this one down guys... As you don't want to win, may I suggest a flash of lights signal so you can move aside to let those who want to win go by? :D

I just want to finish and that my main issue...

Like me, like all of us who do this kind of events, true :soldier:

If I knew the Aston would finish it, I'd go for it. I prefer the Aston in terms of driveability, but...

The Aston will finish it, ask Abdul about that... it just needs a little extra management :wink2:

Similar to the Aston handling you have the Koenigsegg... in my opinion they are both cars for boys, real virtual man would look somewhere else :D

..Actually João, I raced 2 enduros at Nord, both of 2h. Both of them I did with the Koenigsegg and both of them I completed with no problems regarding the engine...
Pure luck Mr. Aritan, pure luck... :rotfl:
Seriously, it has to do (by far more) with simdriving style than with the car :wink2:

The results were (from more fragile to more resistent):
Lister (lasted less then 1km. The most fragile engine!)
Saleen (lasted 1km aprox)
Aston (lasted a little more than 1km)
Gumpert (lasted 14km)
Koenigsegg, Audi and Corvette (lasted almost the full lap, like 17/18km)
Viper (lasted the full lap, 20km)

The above doesn't surprise me and seems quite acceptable regarding my experience with them... just out of curiosity, the fastest lap ever I saw around there was done by an alien with a Lister. This just goes to show the aim of balance simbin kept in mind; the most fragile is the quickest... nothing comes for free :p

...With those results, the best car for me is the Corvette, for sure. It suits better my driving style and skills (or lack of them :))

Hmm, you are giving it much thinking, I really should be more careful with you... :glasses-nerdy:

On the same philosophical wavelength, like someone said to me: Endurance events are for slow people who need 100 laps to do what I do in 10. :rotfl:

Obviously the above smart individual never tried to do 160 mins virtual racing in the peak of the summer (Northern hemisphere)…
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

João,

your responses are too elaborated and big for me to keep up with you. :)

:angel2:
Ok write this one down guys... As you don't want to win, may I suggest a flash of lights signal so you can move aside to let those who want to win go by? :D
Ok, funny guy!!!! :D I meant "I don't just want to win".

The Aston will finish it, ask Abdul about that... it just needs a little extra management :wink2:
Hum, interesting... I was trying to find someone who finished with the Aston. Now that you gave me the tip, I'm gonna investigate a little more... :) Thanks!!!

Similar to the Aston handling you have the Koenigsegg... in my opinion they are both cars for boys, real virtual man would look somewhere else :D
I drove both of them and I don't think they look alike, but maybe it's just my style... :)

Hmm, you are giving it much thinking, I really should be more careful with you... :glasses-nerdy:

On the same philosophical wavelength, like someone said to me: Endurance events are for slow people who need 100 laps to do what I do in 10. :rotfl:

Obviously the above smart individual never tried to do 160 mins virtual racing in the peak of the summer (Northern hemisphere)…
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
You don't need to be careful. I'm not as regular in the Touring cars, as you are and besides that you're faster than me. :)
But I promisse I'm gonna try to give you a hard time... :)

It's gotta be so important not to make any mistakes. Yesterday i drove a 10 lap race on the Nord. But in lap 9 i had a little mistake in the 5th corner and punctured my left rear wheel. So i had to drive 18 km with a punctured tire. I will tell you this, this will screw up you race. :rotfl:

While I am still the fastest with the M3 by a long shot, I am considering changing my car selection to either the Mosler or the Marcos. Both of which seem to suit me very well from a handling perspective. Both are a joy to drive and much more manageable than the BMW over the duration of the race. I also like the C6 GT2, but I haven't found a setting that really works well for me. Who knows, maybe I'll end up sticking with the BMW in the end. :p

I also just did a race simulation with the M3 and after just one and a half laps my tires were on fire with my setup. Which is weird, as the temps were right where I like them in practice. :(

If I do decide to switch cars, I will be posting a new skin as well. I will let you all know either way.

Gonna get a little practice in tonight behind the wheel of my C30. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 131 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline